So which PS4 launch title should I buy?

Wezzles

CAGiversary!
Ok so I preordered the PS4 right after it was announced from Amazon but I have yet to preorder any games. I am a gamer whose preference for games are sandbox (especially GTA), RPGs (like Mass Effect/KOTOR style), and FPS (like Battlefield).  I don't know which game to get!!!! I was thinking Watch Dogs but I am afraid it's going to be another Sleeping Dogs (play campaign once, never play again) unlike a GTA which I can pick up and have fun whether I'm doing missions or not etc. etc.  Anyways...help me figure out what to preorder!!! Thank you

Watch Dogs and BF4 for sure based on your stated preferences.  I don't know when Tom Clancy's The Division releases but that might be right up your alley.

I've seen gameplay vids for Watch Dogs and my big question is can you just run around and mess with the police i.e. GTA style

I'll be picking up Killzone. I enjoy the series and it's a PS4 exclusive. Even if I beat the campaign fairly quickly the multiplayer is great fun!

Infamous: Second Son is an open world game (with super powers), so I think that will probably be up your alley too.

I've seen gameplay vids for Watch Dogs and my big question is can you just run around and mess with the police i.e. GTA style
Since its open world, you can run around and do whatever. Not sure what there is to do exactly as im trying to not see too much though.

Based on what you said: Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, or Killzone: Shadow Fall.

They have confirmed Second Son as a "launch window" title, which is essentially meaningless (see Pikmin 3).

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but FIFA 14 is NOT a launch title for ps4 :( i asked them on twitter and they said its releasing first on 360 and ps3 and within 12 months on ps4 and xbox one.
That's weird that they said that and Gamestop is offering a bundle with Fifa 14 in it.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-ea-sports-bundle/110042
Well that's nice of them not to offer and single discount on that.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but FIFA 14 is NOT a launch title for ps4 :( i asked them on twitter and they said its releasing first on 360 and ps3 and within 12 months on ps4 and xbox one.
That's weird that they said that and Gamestop is offering a bundle with Fifa 14 in it.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-ea-sports-bundle/110042
Well that's nice of them not to offer and single discount on that.
Yeah, I pretty much avoid gamestop at all costs.

Just saw the multiplayer trailer for Watch Dogs and I'm not feeling it :/

I'm sure I'll eventually pick up the title but I just don't see enough lasting playability to pick it up for $60

Last edited by a moderator:
Nvm FIFA 14 is a launch title for ps4 and xbone. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDjxuuXyxyo

look at minute 8:45 the EA guy basically confirms it.

I will get Killzone.  However, I will also have PSN Plus upon launch, so the freebie games should tie me over until the Black Friday / Christmas deals. 

bread's done
Back