So who else has no place to rent 360 games?

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Both Blockbusters and Hollywood video have NO 360 games. It blows because I really want to play games like Condemed and King Kong.

Anyone else have any luck with renting 360 games?

I have three video stores. Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, and Family Video. Hollywood and Family both rent out 360 games. Blockbuster still doesn't.

Hollywood has had games since launch day. I rented some at launch after I picked up my console. They have the best selection out of the bunch, but they don't have every title. Family Video just recently got them, and they only have maybe 5 games tops.

I talked to the employees at BBV the other day and they told me that they plan on getting them at the end of Jan. to early Feb. The reason (according to them) is that they're waiting for some consumer report that'll tell them whether or not enough 360s have been sold to warrent carrying them. In other words, they feel like they won't make money off renting them out since not a whole lot of people have them.

That's funny because both Hollywood and Family usually have all their games rented out. People rent them like crazy.

Only my Hollywood has 360 games. Which are usually always rented out, I've only seen NBA 2K6 in stock.

My BB told me they will started renting them out once the 360 gets popular enough....

The only downside with GameFly (for me) is it seems at least with 360 games that they ship only from California. Unfortunately that means for me living on the east coast, shipping takes a good 3 days. And it seems it takes more like 5 days for them to get the game back. They should really remedy that. Netflix used to take 1 day each way.

well the Blockbuster that i live next to has no 360 games, but the Hollywood Video that lives 10-15mins away from me does but the games are always already rented..

maybe i just have bad luck when checking for 360 games

[quote name='Stuka']The only downside with GameFly (for me) is it seems at least with 360 games that they ship only from California. Unfortunately that means for me living on the east coast, shipping takes a good 3 days. And it seems it takes more like 5 days for them to get the game back. They should really remedy that. Netflix used to take 1 day each way.[/QUOTE]

how much is it per month for GameFly?

My blockbuster has 360 games, but they dont have DOA 4 yet which I been wanting to rent. Gamefly for me is too costly at around $15. I dont like renting games to play them for long, I just like to rent them to try them out to see if I would like to buy the game. Furthermore, its not often I want to rent a game, I only do when there is a new game im not sure I will like. Yet Blockbuster isnt that cheap for these purposes either at $6 per game, so I use the rent 1 get 1 free when I do rent, which is only 1 time a month maybe. I wish they would bring back $2 Tuesdays or something. I loved it could pay $2 rent my game for a day or two, try it out and return it, and im not out a chunk of the price it would be to buy the game.

My Hollywood's had them since launch day but the stupid jerkoffs put a barcode sticker on the disc! When I ejected the game from the 360, it snagged on the stupid label so I took it off the disc and put it on the case. I e-mailed Hollywood Video (corp.) and mentioned it and they e-mailed back and apologized and said that there shouldn't be any stickers on any of the 360 games. So if you rent games, watch out for that.

Oh, and they didn't really display the 360 games.. It's kinda weird, they stuck them with all of the older XBox games. But they have every game so far.

I'm not sure if It's because they're in bad neighborhoods with a high theft rate, or what, but both Hollywood Videos around here have a tendency to only leave the display boxes for the video game rentals on the shelf, and they don't tell you that they have the games all behind the back counter. It's a pain because half the time they'll just tell you they don't have what you're looking for, even if you can clearly see it's back there.

Mine keeps the games behind the counter in a case as well. They are in paper cd sleeves and supoosed to be in alphabetical order but the employees don't seem do understand the whole a b c d thing......

[quote name='Scorch']My Hollywood's had them since launch day but the stupid jerkoffs put a barcode sticker on the disc! When I ejected the game from the 360, it snagged on the stupid label so I took it off the disc and put it on the case. I e-mailed Hollywood Video (corp.) and mentioned it and they e-mailed back and apologized and said that there shouldn't be any stickers on any of the 360 games. So if you rent games, watch out for that.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen with me as well the stickers. When I rented ridge racer 6 I heard the sticker hit against something in my xbox and I thought my xbox was crappin' out on me! Scared the crap out of me!!

So far only Hollywood and family video has em' for me, Sorry man.

In at least 20 trips to my two local BB/GR stores, I finally saw one copy of King Kong for rent yesterday and have never seen Condemned available.

I called my Hollywood video today, here's how the convo went.

Me, "Do you have any 360 games for rent?"

Him, "no."

Me, "ummmm, do you know when you're getting them in?"

Him, "no."

Me, "than..."

Him, *click hangs up*

What an ass.

[quote name='YeahRight13']how much is it per month for GameFly?[/QUOTE]

With tax it's like $21.50/month

I'm giving Gamerang a 1 month trial to see if it's any faster than GameFly to the East Coast. Despite a NJ distribution center, I've heard it's about as bad as GF.

I contacted gameznflix after seeing people posting about them on the xbox forums they have east coast locations as well.

We have 4 distribution centers located in the following areas: Holtville, CA, Sterling, CO, Scranton, PA and Franklin, KY.

Gamefly lately has been a minimum 11 day turn around from me putting the game in the slot at the post office. The last game I mailed back was 13 days.

I don't. the Blockbusters around me don't have Gamerush stores in them. the managers I've talked to at 2 of the ones I went to said they weren't sure when they were going to get 360 games in.

bread's done
Back