So who else is headed to CES?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Of course I am because well, I deal in the industry even though it may seem like i do not. Anyway it'll be a blast as it always has been. Going probably everyday this year (might cut half a day for the other show in town that's always fun;)) This year should definitely be interesting as it is going into a great product year and I can't wait for Vista and Office 07 at this point so I'd like to see how Microsoft plans to market them as well as the other touch ups they'll have before it's unveling to the general market just like with the zune. Would actually love to see their entire strategy coming especially to see a jump on the 360 as what happened last year before E3 (Dead Rising my friends). I doubt there will be many CAGs there and dfeinitely none in CAG shirts (suit and tie my friends) but I do know that epobirs goes so it'd be cool to use this thread to just talk about the show and what we plan to see there.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Of course I am because well, I deal in the industry even though it may seem like i do not. Anyway it'll be a blast as it always has been. Going probably everyday this year (might cut half a day for the other show in town that's always fun;)) This year should definitely be .[/quote]

Lol, you and 80% of the other CES attendees.:razz:

I think the question should be: who's takin' *me* to CES? Just because I'm not in the industry, that's not an indication that I shouldn't be.

;)

Have a blast.

Sorry myke...

mykeverminuq1.jpg

I don't think they let in a mustachio dude with a big cigar sticking in their mouth. ;)

You know, it just struck me.

Mykes picture looks a lot like
cigar.gif
. Fess up big guy, you modeled yourself after my smilie, didn't you?

So I guess they won't let my smilie into CES either, huh?

idk if it's CES that my dad goes to, but he goes to alot of these type shows/conventions all over the world. He's gone to a few in Asia before. And some others I cant think of.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to go to MacWorld... I hate Apple, but it is local and a spectacle. I do enjoy the unveil of the Apple booth.

I really wanted to skulk in the halls of the LVCC this year... Nothing better than thousands of displays in a dark exhibit hall. Unfortunately, it is disappointing that there is such a small video game presence on the floor. All the VGs are in hotel rooms for the media only. The last time I went, Nintendo's presence at the show was a van covered with graphics by the ski jump... I did get to try the Gizmondo though ;)

If you are going to the show. Make sure to check out the International pavilions in the Hilton. Always some weird shit that will blow your mind.

I went to CES today and it was fucking incredible. Best CES in a long while. Especially the fact that they were actually handing out goodies (i.e. pens, hats, bags, etc.) compared to the last few years where it was semi lackluster. I saw Steve Balmer and Bill Gates and got to chat with them as well. Really nice people that people just like to jump on a bandwagon and bash just because they are microsoft. We are definitely heading into an incredible product year. The booths were awesome and I only covered South Hall today. Got to see, chat, grab an autograph for a friend, and play against Fatal1ty which was pretty awesome. Real down to earth guy and didn't mind just shooting the breeze with me and my friends.

For those at CES if you want a crazy good deal on an mp3 player then hit up the Creative booth since not only is Fatal1ty there (really nice guy by the way), but they're offering Creative Zen M 60GB for $250. Cheapest of anybody out there on the market for a solid mp3 player and one of this size. I'm going back after I get some money to get one because it plays divx, xvid, comes with an FM tuner, etc.

damn, I guess I'll go next year =/. My boss is over there already and my dad is going for two days. I never realised that CES was already here >.>.....

Last time i went was 4-5 years ago...6 hour drive...-.-

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Lets just say its a convention for "Adults" ;)[/quote]

Aren't they advertising it on MTV (saw it in passing) and on Adult Swim anyhow?

bread's done
Back