SO who getting Iphone June 29 offical date

Is that $600 full retail price? or with a 2 year contract? Either way it's way too expensive, and all I really need in a phone is just to make and receive calls, I don't care about all these extra features.

Come on. 600 is with out the plan and its come with 8 gig HD. The cheaper one is 500 bone. I hope with the 2 years plan AT&T might drop the price to 300 or 200 ^__^. Which is not too bad.

$600 for a phone that happens to be a 1G apple product? Not going to happen. Also, no amount of "cool factor" is worth AT&T.

250px-Newton-IMG_0320_cleanup.JPG

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You better hope it has spell-check.[/QUOTE]
Thanks fu..k face, you mind bend over for me ?

[quote name='nonggame']Thanks fu..k face, you mind bend over for me ?[/QUOTE]

Wha-what???? *tosses flag* Unsportsmanlike conduct! And poor grammar!

[quote name='Scobie']
250px-Newton-IMG_0320_cleanup.JPG
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Newton FTW!

IMO its to expensive. Plus why buy something thats only going to have a better one come out in 6 months. I know that technology is always getting better. But Apple is the only company that refreshes its product lines twice a year. I'm an Apple fan but the iphone can kiss my ass for $600.

[quote name='nonggame']Wow lot of negative. What kind of phone you all carry with anyway ?[/QUOTE]
samsung_t809_group_1.jpg

Does everything I need it to. Phone, camera, video, MP3.

If people were complaining about the PS3 being too expensive at $600, what makes them think that $600 for a phone is a good price?

Is Apple trying to price this thing to only an "elite" market? IE: someone who has to have the latest tech gadget and has $600 to blow on a phone?

[quote name='JJSP']
samsung_t809_group_1.jpg

Does everything I need it to. Phone, camera, video, MP3.[/QUOTE]How much did that one cost you? I've been looking for the black version of that model with Tmobile.

I strongly dislike fancy cell phones. I've been using a Treo for the last couple months after the speaker on my old Motorola V180 died (Treo was free), and I can't wait until my contract expires so I can get a different phone.

Who wants to carry a brick around? Not me.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If people were complaining about the PS3 being too expensive at $600, what makes them think that $600 for a phone is a good price?

Is Apple trying to price this thing to only an "elite" market? IE: someone who has to have the latest tech gadget and has $600 to blow on a phone?[/quote] People are going to buy this because its apple and because its "cool", this reminds me of the iPod which started off way to expensive and mac exclusive.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I guess people are oblivious to the fact that most phones have high MSRPs. Prices will be lower with service plans.[/QUOTE]That's the price with the plan.

[quote name='nharmon91']People are going to buy this because its apple and because its "cool", this reminds me of the iPod which started off way to expensive and mac exclusive.[/quote]

Just like the AppleTV right? Those things aren't exactly flying off shelves.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just like the AppleTV right? Those things aren't exactly flying off shelves.[/quote]
And I heard that they announced a new version with a much bigger hard drive, too.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']And I heard that they announced a new version with a much bigger hard drive, too.[/quote]

Indeed they did. They actually have it available in the Apple stores and on the website.

AppleTV has been out for what...3 months?

Well, shit.

I'm almost don't want to admit that I'm strongly considering this phone.

I need to see reviews but my phone choices are split between this one, the Sony P1, and Sony P700i (i think that's the model number, whatever the successor to the m600i is)

[quote name='dallow']Well, shit.

I'm almost don't want to admit that I'm strongly considering this phone.

I need to see reviews but my phone choices are split between this one, the Sony P1, and Sony P700i (i think that's the model number, whatever the successor to the m600i is)[/QUOTE]

Man, don't do it. Just don't do it. I've been an Apple supporter for about 10 years now and I'm callin' this thing ridiculous. The only thing it will do for you is make you a mark for a mugging.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Indeed they did. They actually have it available in the Apple stores and on the website.

AppleTV has been out for what...3 months?[/quote]
I know. Give the current owners more time before they start regretting the purchase. :lol:

[quote name='Scobie']Man, don't do it. Just don't do it. I've been an Apple supporter for about 10 years now and I'm callin' this thing ridiculous. The only thing it will do for you is make you a mark for a mugging.[/quote]

Man, that's very true.
You walk around holding one of those..... ouch.

You're right about that.
And it is first gen after all.

Hmm, do they plan to keep knocking these out every year?

[quote name='nharmon91']Um, no.[/QUOTE]

We have yet to sell one where I work.

Personally, I don't give a shit about my cell phone and always just take whatever is free. As long as it works I don't care.

[quote name='rodeojones903']We have yet to sell one where I work.

Personally, I don't give a shit about my cell phone and always just take whatever is free. As long as it works I don't care.[/quote] As long as it works and is small then I dont care. Ive had small sony ericsons candy bar phones for a couple of years now they work fine. Though I am seriously looking into a Blackberry. (specifically the curve)

I'm a little curious as to why it's only being offered at Cingular/AT&T.. if you could unlock it, T-Mobile operates on the same frequencies. I think they may have coated Apple's pockets a little to make it available only with them.. but the question is, just how much? I mean.. Cingular has been way behind the curb when it comes to multimedia offerings the like that Sprint and Verizon offer. Hell, only recently did they get a decent selection of phones.

Honestly.. I wouldn't pay $600 for it. My reason? It's with Cingular. Horrible CS, holes in the coverage area, skimp on warranties (I know, I know.. there's no such thing as a "good" carrier). I'm still stuck in contract with them, but I may buy it out. I've had 3 different providers so far.. and while they don't have the coverage map of other networks, I have to say T-Mobile has the best customer service.

Basically.. I wouldn't want to be caught in a 2 year contract and a broken IPhone. Cingular/AT&T/Bellsouth megacorp isn't going to use any lube when they ream you up the rear, and nickel & dime you for everything (charger, plan, etc). Those of us in the south who are familiar with those in charge of the new merged company knew it previously as Rapesouth for a reason.

A true CAG way of doing things would be signing with Cingular for a year, taking the free crap phone they throw at you.. purchase an unlocked phone of your choice & switch the SIM, then take the money that's left over and get a standalone MP3 player that you don't need to pay Itunes to purchase the songs for it :)

[quote name='nharmon91']Um, no.[/quote]

Um, no what? Are you too blind to see that the AppleTV has been a failure up to this point? It was supposed to replace the Tivo, unbox, etc etc and it hasn't even made a dent in the market.

Edit: This is made even more apparent by the fact that they are "upgrading" it 3 months into it's product lifecycle. Oh, and adding the ability to watch Youtube videos. I don't know about you, but I don't want to see some shitty quality youtube source (which most of it is) on my huge display. It's not disturbing to you that Jobs himself called AppleTV a "hobby"?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Just like the AppleTV right? Those things aren't exactly flying off shelves.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but they're supposedly selling pretty well off the website.

I guess I'm in the minority here since I'm considering getting an iPhone. It depends for me on what the data plan includes and how well it handles the internet. Also battery life...

[quote name='rodeojones903']fuck that. A phone that expensive is ridiculous.[/quote]

Word. I only carry a cell phone for emergencies. I turn it on/charge it about once every two weeks but other than that I don't use it at all. I really hate it.

Though I would never go for it since new revisions come out yearly for Apple products, $500 to $600 isn't that bad. I think I paid around $200 for my phone and most people I know pay around that price range for their phones as well. So you are basically paying $300 for a widescreen iPod with touch controls. I never understood why people think that consumers buy Apple products just for "status." A great product sells period. Before the iPod came out, the name Apple wasn't exactly a status symbol, it was a defunct and forgotten company. In other words, the score was zero to zero and everyone started at the bottom when it came to competing products from Samsung, Creative, and Apple. Apple products just became popular because they were great products.

[quote name='LiquidNight']How much did that one cost you? I've been looking for the black version of that model with Tmobile.[/QUOTE]
That's who I'm with, and mine was free after rebate from Amazon last summer. I believe T-Mobile discontinued it sometime in the fall or winter, but Amazon still has it.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-t809-Phone-T-Mobile/dp/B000E84CQQ

Only 2 left (so they say), but it's $74.99 after rebates and with two year activation.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Um, no what? Are you too blind to see that the AppleTV has been a failure up to this point? It was supposed to replace the Tivo, unbox, etc etc and it hasn't even made a dent in the market.

Edit: This is made even more apparent by the fact that they are "upgrading" it 3 months into it's product lifecycle. Oh, and adding the ability to watch Youtube videos. I don't know about you, but I don't want to see some shitty quality youtube source (which most of it is) on my huge display. It's not disturbing to you that Jobs himself called AppleTV a "hobby"?[/quote] Um no as in no one cares about the AppleTV and no one ever expected it to fly off shelves and it was never considered cool by anyone. Its good at what it does, thats about it.

I was agreeing with you in a way, but apparently you were to blind to see that.

bread's done
Back