So who picked up a 199 XB360 Arcade?

I did, but that's because I had a 360 originally but sold it for some reason (but kept my 20 gb HD), so I just got an Arcade.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I did, but that's because I had a 360 originally but sold it for some reason (but kept my 20 gb HD), so I just got an Arcade.[/QUOTE]

So, I'm curious how do you like your new system compared to the last one you had. Is it quieter? DOes it heat up as much? I'm also wondering when the lot of Arcades ,that are out there, were manufactured(this summer or earlier this year)?

I played about 2 hours of overlord then touch all sides of the xbox 360 arcade it wasn't hot at all

the power supply is 175 watts so its the falcon chipset

I bought one last weekend before the price change at BB (will pricematch tomorrow) since my twice-refurbed by M$ one was going to run out of extended warranty coverage by M$ in October (launch unit and I paid $60 for the 2-year extended-past-original warranty) and I just wanted a new one with HDMI since I would only pay $90 for a new one after selling my used one to Gamestop for $110 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
doesnt microsoft extend the warranty when u get a refurb?

[quote name='MSUHitman']I bought one last weekend before the price change at BB (will pricematch tomorrow) since my twice-refurbed by M$ one was going to run out of extended warranty coverage by M$ in October (launch unit and I paid $60 for the 2-year extended-past-original warranty) and I just wanted a new one with HDMI since I would only pay $90 for a new one after selling my used one to Gamestop for $110 credit.[/quote]

[quote name='nativetongue88']doesnt microsoft extend the warranty when u get a refurb?[/QUOTE]

They told me they extend it by 3 months when they do warranty work. I think they also said you could extend you warranty too before it runs out, but I still have to check on that again.

Picked up one from a pawn shop today for $209, came with 60 GB harddrive and a pink controller. It has the HDMI ports, dual heat sinks and I changed out cases and DVD tray covers to make my main 360 look like the Halo edition and on top of all that I added custom Aurora green lights ($9.99). The LEDs match really nice with the Halo case and overall I'm very satisfied for the price. The original Halo 360 console will become my project 360 and I'm planning on putting some mods in it to make it look awesome. I absolutely love some of the 360s llamma.com has done so I'm going to try to do something similar.

I picked one up, mine RROD but sent it in sold it to my cousin for $200, my arcade was manufactured june 6/08 and it runs quiet, is it a falcon chipset? and hdmi is worth it alone

I picked one up with the CC coupon - manufacture date 4/2/08, 175w power supply

AND A BENQ DRIVE!

I can't even hear this thing running from a foot away and it runs ridiculously cool... I can hear my other 360 (July 06) running from the other room and it also doubles as a space heater.

So happy to finally have the new chipset and HDMI :D

That was my plan (picking up an Arcade bundle and buying a hard drive later down the road), but I decided to pick-up the new 60 GB bundle/SKU. Hoping, it would be less prone to red ring than the other three bundles.

[quote name='chasemurata']That was my plan (picking up an Arcade bundle and buying a hard drive later down the road), but I decided to pick-up the new 60 GB bundle/SKU. Hoping, it would be less prone to red ring than the other three bundles.[/QUOTE]

:cool:

[quote name='lilboo']:cool:[/quote]

Yeah, lilboo, your plan is a great one, and much appreciated. :bow: I just got impatient. :oops:

Pic to tell what drive you have:
xbox360drives.jpg

The BenQ drive is much quieter than the other 2

Should check mine to tomorrow. Grabbed one just before the cut and PM'd. Tremendous fun, love the free disc of arcade games. Got several titles from the bin during TRU clearance for $4 and $8 (Prey, FarCry, N3 +). Having a great time with it so far!

[quote name='Gden']If I add a HDD to my arcade 360 will I be able to play Xbox games on it?[/quote]

Yes.^

Many probably disagree with me, but I just bought a regular Xbox with 15 games and a controller without a breakaway cord for $50 off Craigslist and I consider that to be a much better alternative than paying for a hard drive (minus 15 games and less backwards compatibility).

I will be getting my Arcade 360 in a few days.

Does anyone know of any deals with the Arcade price drop?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't believe I bought a 360 after years of swearing I'll never buy one... but $249 Pro 360 minus $40 CC coupon plus 1600pt. MS card makes it hard to resist. ;)

I wonder what games I should buy from the XBL Marketplace... Any suggestions? :whistle2:k

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I still can't believe I bought a 360 after years of swearing I'll never buy one... but $249 Pro 360 minus $40 CC coupon plus 1600pt. MS card makes it hard to resist. ;)

I wonder what games I should buy from the XBL Marketplace... Any suggestions? :whistle2:k[/quote]

Braid and Castle Crashers, both are brilliant.

i bought one during the amazon xbox sale. I'm trying to get rid of it cause I got an elite instead. PM me if anyone is interested or knows someone who might be interested in purchasing one with a 20gb hd.

[quote name='Bretters']I picked one up with the CC coupon - manufacture date 4/2/08, 175w power supply

AND A BENQ DRIVE!

I can't even hear this thing running from a foot away and it runs ridiculously cool... I can hear my other 360 (July 06) running from the other room and it also doubles as a space heater.

So happy to finally have the new chipset and HDMI :D[/quote]

don't know if it's just me, but my benq drive still sounds like hell... as a matter of fact, it sounds just as bad as my old 360 before it rrod'd

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I still can't believe I bought a 360 after years of swearing I'll never buy one... but $249 Pro 360 minus $40 CC coupon plus 1600pt. MS card makes it hard to resist. ;)

I wonder what games I should buy from the XBL Marketplace... Any suggestions? :whistle2:k[/quote]

Castle Crashers and Geometry Wars 2

[quote name='aniousjoe']don't know if it's just me, but my benq drive still sounds like hell... as a matter of fact, it sounds just as bad as my old 360 before it rrod'd[/quote]

I agree, but Im hopeing that it is just because if the xbox live arcade game it came with.

[quote name='DAWG26']I agree, but Im hopeing that it is just because if the xbox live arcade game it came with.[/quote]

unfortunately, it's not the disc; i'm pretty sure of that

Anyone who picked up an Arcade as an extra 360, if you have nothing you want to do with that memory unit.. I'm just a PM away :cool:

I just got one and its a falcon with the benq drive, however, the drive is really loud at times. For example, cod4. Is that normal?

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']mines is quite did you try another game?[/quote]

rock band, guitar hero 3... it's not the games

i picked up the arcade at bestbuy just after the price drop, and i'm satisfied.
my old 360 red-ringed so i got this as a replacement. it's ben-q and falcon chipset and working great :)

[quote name='aniousjoe']don't know if it's just me, but my benq drive still sounds like hell... as a matter of fact, it sounds just as bad as my old 360 before it rrod'd[/QUOTE]
Hmm, same here. I used to have a Toshiba drive and when I got my other refurb from microsoft it was a BenQ drive and it still seems pretty loud to me. I never pay attention to the sound so I must not notice easily but it really doesn't seem quiet like others say it is

Ben Q is supposed to be the quieter of the bunch but I've heard all 360 DVD driver in action : they are all friggin' loud.

Y'all/guys might want to consider getting a HD just for the ability to burn games to the drive come this fall update just to get faster loading times in the long run + less heat (always good against RROD) and noise from the dvd drive not spinning once games are installed.

bread's done
Back