So who's got any clue on car audio?

darekIsAwesome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey basically got a problem with my Pioneer Head Unit, that i can't seem to find any information on the problem so I figured I might ask here with some ideas on what it could be.

Basically, the unit would just randomly change the mode by itself(AUX,CD,TUNER,etc) or sometimes just reset to the off/demo mode. Sometimes it gets extra weird and the button to switch wouldn't work but instead me rotating the volume would sort through the modes and then mysteriously go back to regular. Its really a pain in a butt.

So does anyone have any clue on what it might be and what I should look for when I try reinstalling it.

Oh, and I recently purchased the Sony Xplode/Sub [190$] deal at CircuitCity, and am looking to get new speakers too, but my question on how I should look into professional installation. I checked CC with their firedog stuff, but theyre charging like 70 bills just for a sub installation, then another 70 for speakers etc. Anyone know of a good solution to this?

Again, ANY help would be much appreciated.

[quote name='darekIsAwesome']
Oh, and I recently purchased the Sony Xplode/Sub [190$] deal at CircuitCity, and am looking to get new speakers too, but my question on how I should look into professional installation. I checked CC with their firedog stuff, but theyre charging like 70 bills just for a sub installation, then another 70 for speakers etc. Anyone know of a good solution to this?

Again, ANY help would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty much what you are going to pay unless you have a friend or an acquittance that knows how to do it. ( Which I don't think you do or otherwise you wouldn't have asked :D )

Also as a suggestion, for new speakers go with some Alpines. The quality is amazing. Good Luck!

sounds like your head unit has been in your car a while also guessing now that its winter you have been using your heat..chances are the combination of those two things has either a.) over heated your head unit or b.)u have wires in the back f the unit that were once covered by heat shrink and or electrical tape are now touching...

2nd as for speakers depends on your car hatchbacks sound better than a sedan . alpines are nice for a user who is going to play music at mild to moderate levels with nice clean sound, for longevity and power i would suggest boston aucustic,jl audio both have amazing power and are almost impossible to pop... i had a 2k for focus zx3 with 2 jl audio 15w6's in the trunk and i could make a puddle jump if i parked over it ( also gave myseld 3 shattered windshields) dont tell my insurance company

Also whatever you do use some kind of sound proofing on your trunk. Having your truck rattle is really lame. I laugh at those people.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Also whatever you do use some kind of sound proofing on your trunk. Having your truck rattle is really lame. I laugh at those people.[/QUOTE]

Werd, it also sounds awful. I had a pretty mighty evo throughout college. I stuck with Bazooka subs, as far as my headunit...meh I switched off, my fave was made by Pioneer oddly enough.

installing speakers is pretty simple. Just take the door panel off, unscrew the speaker from the mounting, disconnect the wires, connect wires to new speaker, remount it, put door panel back on.

If you need better speaker wiring you can basically unhook the speaker wires, tie the new wire to the old one and pull the old one out thru the head unit opening and connect it.

its alot easier than people make it out to be.

just disconnect your battery's negative terminal before you do anything.

[quote name='Cracka']installing speakers is pretty simple. Just take the door panel off, unscrew the speaker from the mounting, disconnect the wires, connect wires to new speaker, remount it, put door panel back on.

If you need better speaker wiring you can basically unhook the speaker wires, tie the new wire to the old one and pull the old one out thru the head unit opening and connect it.

its alot easier than people make it out to be.

just disconnect your battery's negative terminal before you do anything.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Taking off a door panel is work though. Finding a guide online is a pain also. I know because I have been looking for months now.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Also whatever you do use some kind of sound proofing on your trunk. Having your truck rattle is really lame. I laugh at those people.[/QUOTE]

i would suggest using dynamat to help with the sound.

Good looks on the advice guys I'll def try the speaker installation myself since i think i could pull it off.

However, Im STILL EAGERLY tryng to find a solution to the possessed head unit, but if the wires arent touching, what else is possible.

And I know most stores charge around 50$ per (amp,sub,speaker installation) but does anyone know of some stores (BB,CC?) that can idk, give you a discount for the whole setup?

bread's done
Back