So why does every one on here hate Sony.

richbastard

CAGiversary!
Why is thier so much negative energy toward Sony on the cheapgamers forums. The mention of Sony or Any PS console brings waves of that console sucks or its repetitive. Its like everyone who hates Sony decided to meet up at here.

Hmmm this one is tough for me. I loved my PS1 and PS2. Disliked my PSP greatly since I enjoy my DS more. I like the PS3 but not at the price it is at currently. It's not that I hate Sony, it's more of there is somethign else out there in the market that is better, the Xbox 360.

The PS3 is also the only console I didn't buy at launch also. But I am planning on buying one sooner then later.

Because Sony fucked something up that could have been great. I adored the PS1, two, and enjoy my PSP quite a bit. It's almost like a betrayal.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Because Sony fucked something up that could have been great. I adored the PS1, two, and enjoy my PSP quite a bit. It's almost like a betrayal.[/QUOTE]

Did you enjoy those at launch? Cause all 3 systems sucked horribly at launch. Ps3 included, speaking for most people. (I feel like I'm getting my $600 worth now that it upscales everything, for the record)

[quote name='Apossum']Did you enjoy those at launch? Cause all 3 systems sucked horribly at launch. Ps3 included, speaking for most people. (I feel like I'm getting my $600 worth now that it upscales everything, for the record)[/QUOTE]

Hell, the PSP is just now having a kick ass lineup.

I was surprised to see there are more day 1 titles I want on the PSP then the Wii / PS2 / PC / DS.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']panasonic! The Mana Knight! Wind! Water! Heart![/QUOTE]

Apossum checking in.

...and checking out.

[quote name='Apossum']Did you enjoy those at launch? Cause all 3 systems sucked horribly at launch. Ps3 included, speaking for most people. (I feel like I'm getting my $600 worth now that it upscales everything, for the record)[/QUOTE]

I didn't pay $600 for them so the launch price alone is a huge screw-up. I've seen the upscaled pics, can't really say it's much of a difference.

[quote name='crazytalkx']I didn't pay $600 for them so the launch price alone is a huge screw-up. I've seen the upscaled pics, can't really say it's much of a difference.[/QUOTE]

the question was whether you enjoyed and adored them at launch.

nice try on baiting me into a flame war though ;)

I will have sex with any Sony employee, anytime...

I don't particularly like Sony.. But I LOVE the fact that Tekken is going online for their system... :)

I can't say I hate them... but I will say I hate how arrogant they are.

With our powers combined... everyone still bitches about the PS3... so I'll just be quite and stop arguing with retards...

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']panasonic! The Mana Knight! Wind! Water! Heart![/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']With our powers combined... everyone still bitches about the PS3... so I'll just be quite and stop arguing with retards...[/QUOTE]
Captain Sony is my hero. He's going to take fanboyism down to zero.

......_____..........._____
..,ad8PPPP88b,.....,d88PPPP8ba,
.d8P\"......\"Y8b,.,d8P\"........\"Y8b
dP'...........\"8a8\"....................`Yd
8(..............\".............................)8
I8............................................8I
.Yb,......................................,dP
..\"8a,..............................,a8\"
....\"8a,.........................,a8\"
......\"Yba..................adP\"
........`Y8a................a8P'
..........`88,............,88'
............\"8b......d8\" I think
.............\"8b..d8\" ...I love you.
..............`888'
................\"

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Captain Sony is my hero. He's going to take fanboyism down to zero.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']......_____..........._____
..,ad8PPPP88b,.....,d88PPPP8ba,
.d8P\"......\"Y8b,.,d8P\"........\"Y8b
dP'...........\"8a8\"....................`Yd
8(..............\".............................)8
I8............................................8I
.Yb,......................................,dP
..\"8a,..............................,a8\"
....\"8a,.........................,a8\"
......\"Yba..................adP\"
........`Y8a................a8P'
..........`88,............,88'
............\"8b......d8\" I think
.............\"8b..d8\" ...I love you.
..............`888'
................\"[/QUOTE]

9/10 when there's a hot anime chick in someone's avatar, it's a trap! ;)

jk. props for completing the captain planet reference Rei

Doesn't it figure that Mr. King of Sony Fanboys himself shows his ugly face in this thread, and not only that he is the topic creator of this thread. I was hoping Darknessbear but second worst isn't too bad. I'll throw the troll a bone.

Anyways, to answer your question Leon, we do not HATE Sony. I own a PS1 and a PS2 and I at one time owned a PSP. MGS4, Final Fantasy, Li Gong Sex Simulator 2008 might be in the near future but they are of no use to us at the moment as they are not out. The 360 can fill every single need that the PS3 offers with the exception of a Blue-Ray player. Of course give it a few more years and dual players will be out for $300 or less.

If anything the Sony fanboys rear their ugly head by supporting a system so early in It's life when it does so little (this is getting redudant) when most people are satisfied with their PS2. It's then when Sony's loyal followers go leaps and bounds defending their system with insane analogies just because they are trying to justify the amount of money they just spent. Honestly they should careless what others think, because it is their own money.

I'm all for Sony and I honestly hope they get out some high quality titles soon that can make me crave the system for It's current cost, but that's not gonna happen right now. Sony can continue to push the fact It's a great blu-ray player but I buy a system for games.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Doesn't it figure that Mr. King of Sony Fanboys himself shows his ugly face in this thread, and not only that he is the topic creator of this thread. I was hoping Darknessbear but second worst isn't too bad. I'll throw the troll a bone.

Anyways, to answer your question Leon, we do not HATE Sony. I own a PS1 and a PS2 and I at one time owned a PSP. MGS4, Final Fantasy, Li Gong Sex Simulator 2008 might be in the near future but they are of no use to us at the moment as they are not out. The 360 can fill every single need that the PS3 offers with the exception of a Blue-Ray player. Of course give it a few more years and dual players will be out for $300 or less.

If anything the Sony fanboys rear their ugly head by supporting a system so early in It's life when it does so little (this is getting redudant) when most people are satisfied with their PS2. It's then when Sony's loyal followers go leaps and bounds defending their system with insane analogies just because they are trying to justify the amount of money they just spent. Honestly they should careless what others think, because it is their own money.

I'm all for Sony and I honestly hope they get out some high quality titles soon that can make me crave the system for It's current cost, but that's not gonna happen right now. Sony can continue to push the fact It's a great blu-ray player but I buy a system for games.[/QUOTE]

Damn, it's alright to have a Sony hate thread, but it sucks when the tards come in and say you can't like it for any reason at all. you apparently have problems caring less yourself.

[quote name='richbastard']Why is thier so much negative energy toward Nintendo on the cheapgamers forums. The mention of Wii or Any DS console brings waves of that console sucks or a fad. Its like everyone who hates Wii decided to meet up at here.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

PS3s do folding@home.

Sony is trying to cure cancer people.

This is Billy.
cancer_boy.jpg

Billy has cancer.

By not buying a PS3 YOU ARE KILLING BILLY!

You, sirs.... are inhuman.

[quote name='furyk']Richbastard: king of trollbait.[/quote]

QFT. I'm still awaiting Darknessbear to come in and join the party though.

And for what it's worth, I hardly "hate" Sony. I would actually buy a PS3 if the thing had some decent games for it. It's not a money issue in my book, it's a matter of content for the system.

Only about 1/10 as well as the PS3. Thats a 9/10 chance little Billy will still DIE!

cancer_boy.jpg

Look at that face!

Is that a chance YOU'RE willing to take with Billy's life?
[quote name='help1']Can my home computer fold?[/quote]

I think most of the negativity has to do with Sony hyping up the PS3 to be the greatest thing ever (I remember someone at Sony saying the 360 was more like the Xbox 1.5 then a true next gen platform compared to the jump from PS2 to PS3). The fact that Sony delivered a console that cost $600 and was barely better then the 360 (and in some regards was worse then the 360) made a lot of people angry at Sony.
Plus the arrogance in every PS3 comment from Sony also made a lot of people angry (telling us to get more then one job to buy a PS3).
I'm sure there is also some bad blood over the Rootkits incident, and people thinking that Blu Ray is another proprietary Sony format that they are shoving down our throats.

Plus, as other people have mentioned, this site is called Cheap Ass Gamer. ;)

[quote name='Apossum']the question was whether you enjoyed and adored them at launch.

nice try on baiting me into a flame war though ;)[/QUOTE]

Shit, trap failed! The PS2 was enjoyable at launch due to TimeSplitters and Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racer, along with the fact that it was a DVD player. Though a parallel COULD be drawn now to Blu-Ray. TALLADEGA NIGHTS!!!
The PSP had Lumines, but not much else.

I think it really just is the price tag that gets my panties in a bunch. And Sony's arrogance, as Kaijufan stated.

Wait...folding cures cancer? I thought it exacerbated it in dying children. fuck. $599 usd, FOR THIS?!

Shit, trap failed! The PS2 was enjoyable at launch due to TimeSplitters and Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racer, along with the fact that it was a DVD player. Though a parallel COULD be drawn now to Blu-Ray. TALLADEGA NIGHTS!!!
The PSP had Lumines, but not much else.

I think it really just is the price tag that gets my panties in a bunch.

not really. I was way more excited about the DVD player. I've watched two blu-ray movies, and they looked amazing (Goodfellas and Departed), but that's an afterthought. Until I can rent them at my local store, I don't care too much.

Resistance and Lumines are the two best Sony launch games so far. Along with Tekken Tag, I think that covers the only good Playstation launch titles. :lol:

The price is rough indeed. I wouldn't pay $600 straight out of my pocket...I just did some flipping to axe the price in half :)

I thought richbastard stopped posting here. Between this and the VideoGameCentral nonsense, this board is less fun today.

[quote name='Apossum']9/10 when there's a hot anime chick in someone's avatar, it's a trap! ;) [/QUOTE]
Many have fallen to my well planned deception...

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I hate Sony because they killed my unborn child. I hate you Sony![/QUOTE]

Yes , that is true, we all remember how the ps2's emotion engine killed our beloved Dreamcast, after all those years, the scars still remains.

Although many of us bought the ps2 at the discount price of 129$, since we are cags, hahaa.......

I don't hate the console, or anything about it. I don't own one so I can't pass judgment. However the $600 sticker shock still hasn't worn out on me.

I see tons of them in stores and always say to myself $600! wtf Sony you didn't need the blu-ray player. The PS3 with a blu-ray player should have been an optional console down the road like the 360 elite. If they would have done a PS3 for $400 with no blu-ray player then it would be a very great time in gaming. With lots of competition going on between M$ and Sony.

it's simple.
Retarded Fanboys.............

If you don't like a console, don't fucking buy it...
It's the same irrational behavior you see in all aspects (like specific AMD fanboys).

[quote name='hcamacho']Yes , that is true, we all remember how the ps2's emotion engine killed our beloved Dreamcast, after all those years, the scars still remains.

Although many of us bought the ps2 at the discount price of 129$, since we are cags, hahaa.......[/quote]

YEA fuck SONY... those were some hard times...

now that i think about it... ive never bought a sony system at launch or even at full price..

i think i payed $60 for my first ps2 years ago

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Yes, you're not allowed to complain about products you dont own.[/quote]

shit if i own it... it gives me all the reason in the world to complain about it

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Yes, you're not allowed to complain about products you dont own.[/QUOTE]

how about the ones you'll inevitably buy in the future? It'll be interesting to see the attitude change once the games come out and the system picks up the pace, kinda like with the PSP. and with downloadable content. I remember everybody on CAG saying how stupid DLC is and how the 360 is the next Dreamcast.

not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just funny.

bread's done
Back