*sob* FF12, okami, disgaea 2, or VP2?

omegaweapon7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
>_< I can only get 2 games for the next 2 months, and one of them is already decided: FF3 for DS since I need a DS rpg fix real bad.

now, for my other game, these 4 choices are tearing me apart X_X help plz?

[quote name='omegaweapon7']>_< I can only get 2 games for the next 2 months, and one of them is already decided: FF3 for DS since I need a DS rpg fix real bad.

now, for my other game, these 4 choices are tearing me apart X_X help plz?[/QUOTE]

To me it seems as though if all are an even toss up between the four then pick the one out of the 4 that would not drop in price, or be hard to find in the next few months.

FF12 - Depends on if you really want the CE. If not, wait, since these should be easy to find and on sale in the pre Christmas rush.

Okami – I am unsure if it will be easy to find on sale. I am not sure how this will do in the market place or how many they plan to put on the market. This is one I would highly consider. However make sure the game play is something you want. (Since you seem to be driven by RPG, which this is not)

VP2 and Disgaea 2 are a toss up. Hard to say what they are going to do on the market. The first Disgaea is highly prized now, such as the original VP. I f I were you I would probably decide between these two.

OKAMI!!

I am so excited for this game, I could care less about any other game coming out in the next few months (besides Yakuza).

Let FF3 be your RPG fix and Okami be "other".

Damn... hell of a choice you have to make. Well, I'd go with Okami since you probably want some variety. And Okami is supposed to be damn long so you'll get your money's worth out of that.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']>_< I can only get 2 games for the next 2 months, and one of them is already decided: FF3 for DS since I need a DS rpg fix real bad.

now, for my other game, these 4 choices are tearing me apart X_X help plz?[/QUOTE]

FF3 has been pushed back till Mid Nov or even Dec so you can count that one out.

Xenosaga Episode III

then you can sell it with the preorder bonus and use that for FFXII

But in this order, from the ones you picked

FFXII
VP2
Okami
Disgaea 2 [I wish it weren't on your list, I hate Nippon Ichi games]

Final Fantasy games are pretty much guaranteed to drop to $20 eventually. I bought FFX almost 2 years after release because I had other games to play and I could wait.

Disgaea was one of the rarest PS2 games but every other release from that company has eventually dropped down in price. As much as I loved Disgaea, I plan on waiting for a price drop before getting the sequel.

I would say either go with Okami or VP2 depending on which interests you more.

[quote name='cletus']Final Fantasy games are pretty much guaranteed to drop to $20 eventually. I bought FFX almost 2 years after release because I had other games to play and I could wait.

Disgaea was one of the rarest PS2 games but every other release from that company has eventually dropped down in price. As much as I loved Disgaea, I plan on waiting for a price drop before getting the sequel.

I would say either go with Okami or VP2 depending on which interests you more.[/QUOTE]

i say go VP 2. I wont buy nothing till FF 3 comes out since i blew 80 bucks on the Disgaea 2 preorder few weeks back

it is a sure thing that you can get the square enix games for less than $20 in the future unless you are getting the limited edition FF12

[quote name='62t']it is a sure thing that you can get the square enix games for less than $20 in the future unless you are getting the limited edition FF12[/QUOTE]

im waiting for it to fall to 30. says limited ed but whos to say there wont be 10 million made

Disgaea 2. The most playtime by far (since you have 2 months to fill).

VP2 and FF12 are Square Enix, so they are destined for the bargain bin and/or greatest hits.

Okami - If Clover prints as many as they did Viewtiful Joe -> Bargain Bin.

everything but Disgaea.

all the other games will be fun. who cares about price drops, they'll all be cheap eventually (even disgaea.) go for quality.

Disgaea 2 unless you have a lot of Nippon Ichi games. It's a lot of the same otherwise. The other three are destined for price drops so as a true CAG, Disgaea's probably your best bet. If not that, maybe the CE of FFXII.

Don't forget about Xenosaga III coming out at the end of this month, since you seem to be a RPG fan :)

Of course, to some it may not be comparable to the titles you mentioned. It is said to be the best of the entire saga though.

Of the 4 titles, I would go for Disgaea 2. For some reason Nippon Ichi games may not drop in price for a long time and some can be hard to find.

First of all, ALL of these games will drop to 20, rather fast i might add, since they are all so popular, besides as a true CAG, ill be using EB credits I stacked up from those trade in deals anyway.

as for xenosaga...."best of the sagas" doesnt say much really, this series deserve all the 7/10s magazines give them. I have long forgot the story anyway.

for the record, Disgaea will not be rare and it'll see a price drop around the same time that FFXII and VP2 will. Actually, FFXII might just stay $49 until it goes GH. The game is going to sell like weed in the suburbs.

but the point-- NI games have been getting bigger prints and reprints, and have been dropping to $30 rather fast. Disgaea is the most popular NI game, go figure.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']First of all, ALL of these games will drop to 20, rather fast i might add, since they are all so popular, besides as a true CAG, ill be using EB credits I stacked up from those trade in deals anyway.

as for xenosaga...."best of the sagas" doesnt say much really, this series deserve all the 7/10s magazines give them. I have long forgot the story anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yet the magazines gave Dragon Quest VIII 9's?

Please, magazines don't say anything about games. I can say that Xenosaga's story, audio visial presentation, and gameplay is infinitely better than Dragon Quest VIII's, but magazines and Gamefaqs DO NOT agree with me.

But I know it's true. Either way though, you are wrong about one thing.

Xenosaga Episode I averages 86.59% on Gametab, 84% on Gamerankings...

Game Informer magazine gave it a 97.5 out of 100, constantly cites it as a reference for pretty much all RPG's made these days

Play magazine, a very legitimate gaming magazine, gave it a 4 out of 5

IGN.com gave it an 8.8 out of 10, and is on their editor's choice list

I won't argue about Episode II, even the hardcore Xenosaga fans hated it, but to say the series is a 7/10 series is just absurd...

Okami above all else.

1) Its cheaper ($39.99)
2) It is a fairly length adventure (50-60 hours, supposedly)
3) It has unique gameplay mechanics(celestial brush) and zelda-quality puzzles and dungeons
4) Doubtful that it will have as many copies printed as Viewtiful Joe, it seems to be rather niche, even in subject matter.

With the might of Square Enix behind it, I don't think VP 2 will be difficult to find in the least, FF XII will be cheap eventually, won't comment on Disgaea as I didn't like the first one, Xenosaga Episode III is a good game, but it lacks the uniqueness of something like Okami.

That's how I see it anyway

ok, so xeno 1 average a 8, xeno2 a freaking 6, and xeno3 averege a 9.

total average: 7.6, woot?

besides, like i said, this series relies on story and cool mechs, I have LONG forgotten the storyline from 2-3 years ago, and need I say more about how sucky mechs are from the past 2 games?

I just reserved them all except Disgaea 2. I also reserved Yakuza, and am going to put my money down on Baten Kaitos 2 today. You have to save all your money for the gaming season!

Why are you guys buying all these games now? None of them have online play so why not wait about 6 months for the prices to go down? I thought we were all CAGs here.

[quote name='depascal22']Why are you guys buying all these games now? None of them have online play so why not wait about 6 months for the prices to go down? I thought we were all CAGs here.[/QUOTE]

Because they're high profile releases

And what does online play matter in single player RPG's?

Also, full price games can be compensated by "cheapness", for example, I paid full price for Xenosaga but I saved half on Kingdom Hearts 2 [got it for $25 via price match Compusa]

I forgot to add, lots of times preorders/trade deals make this cheaper. Lots of people here have excess trade in credit from MORE/EDGE combined with the $10 extra trade in bonus, or the 20% bonus towards pre orders, or the deals on certain games [Kingdom Hearts 2 $35 with stackable more card plus preorder bonus adds 30 percent on to the trade in value]

Selling the 8.96 Circuit City stuff helps too.

[quote name='depascal22']Why are you guys buying all these games now? None of them have online play so why not wait about 6 months for the prices to go down? I thought we were all CAGs here.[/QUOTE]
I'm actually not a CAG. I just like posting in the forums. I rarely actually take advantage of the sales. Only if it's a really good one, like the CC one awhile back.

If I want a game, I almost always buy it the day it comes out. I'm not hurting for money.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm actually not a CAG. I just like posting in the forums. I rarely actually take advantage of the sales. Only if it's a really good one, like the CC one awhile back.

If I want a game, I almost always buy it the day it comes out. I'm not hurting for money.[/quote]

I buy the games I want most at release, I wait for a deal on the other ones.

Now, if I can get them for little cash out of pocket thanks to taking advantage of cheap-ass deals.. then of course that is what I'll do :D

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm actually not a CAG. I just like posting in the forums. I rarely actually take advantage of the sales. Only if it's a really good one, like the CC one awhile back.

If I want a game, I almost always buy it the day it comes out. I'm not hurting for money.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I like deals, but I don't care enough to wait half a year to play something I'm interested in. When I can routinely save $5 to $10 the first week the game's released thanks to PMing the Fry's ad, I find it difficult to consider waiting an option. I mean, I preorderd Valkyire Profile 2 for like $30 a couple weeks ago (actually forgot about it until recently to be honest), so is it really worth waiting 6 months or close to a year in order to save $10?

Inactivity is a bad thing.

If you liked Disgaea, get Disgaea 2. Most bang for the buck easily.

Forget about Xenosaga altogether. That series, including Xenogears, has to be some of the most boring overrated RPGs ever created (if you even call Xenosaga an RPG). Xenogears is decent, but saga series is just a joke altogether. Imo, Xenosaga blows chunks.

If not Disgaea, I'd get Final Fantasy XII. Which would be my first choice because I love all the Final Fantasy games. Didn't Famitsu give it a perfect 40 score?

I'd only get VP2 if you loved the first one like no other game at the time. It doesn't seem to have the same credibility that Disgaea and Final Fantasy carry with them.

I don't buy games for online play. In fact, I don't buy online games period. Any game that requires or relies on online component, I refuse to buy.

1) Yes, FFXII got a perfect 40 in Famitsu. The opinions I've been hearing from people who've played the game have been overwhelmingly positive.

2) I also don't buy games for online play... I think it's kinda pointless to buy a game where the quality of the gameplay is dictated almost entirely by the people you're playing against.

[quote name='b3b0p']If you liked Disgaea, get Disgaea 2. Most bang for the buck easily.

Forget about Xenosaga altogether. That series, including Xenogears, has to be some of the most boring overrated RPGs ever created (if you even call Xenosaga an RPG). Xenogears is decent, but saga series is just a joke altogether. Imo, Xenosaga blows chunks.

If not Disgaea, I'd get Final Fantasy XII. Which would be my first choice because I love all the Final Fantasy games. Didn't Famitsu give it a perfect 40 score?

[/QUOTE]

At least in Xenosaga there's a cap to how much you can level, plus even if you think the plot and world is bad, at least people put time into creating it, not like NiS's shovelware games.

I pre-order FF12-CE,Okami,Level 5's Rogue Galaxy and also Dawn of Mana, im a huge Mana fan even going to buy children of mana for n-ds even though i will never own a brick-ds. hehehehe.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Xenosaga does suck, but Disgaea is only mediocre. So both of you are wrong! Okami/FFXII/VP2 >Disgaea/Xenosaga.[/QUOTE]
Have you played Okami?

Disgaea is only mediocre if you are not in to strategy games. Imo, it is the best strategy game out there. Far better then FF Tactics. Disgaea is not even the same type of game as FFXII or VP2. If you like/love strategy games and want to play it for 100+ hours, you shouldn't even bother considering the other games until you are ready to purchase them.

I did state it was my opinion that Xenosaga blows chunks. I never said it was fact. It's all personal preference. My personal opinion is that Xenosaga sucks ass and Xenogears is far from 5 star RPG status.

Is Okami a new games series? If so, it has no previous credibility. It could suck worse then Xenosaga, flop, and never get even considered for a sequal. I wouldn't waste my time even thinking about this game until it has been played by the daring willing to buy it when it comes out.

Okami is a new series, but I think Famitsu gave the game a 39/40 or something crazy and EGM gave it a really good review as well. That has to count at least a little bit.

[quote name='Chacrana']Okami is a new series, but I think Famitsu gave the game a 39/40 or something crazy and EGM gave it a really good review as well. That has to count at least a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plus it looks gorgeous and has been hyped since it's been heard of, it really looks like an original game that most people can enjoy...and it seems to be VERY Japanese while not being senseless [and kind of dumb] like Katamari

Okami got a 9/10 from OPM, as well. I think I'm going to go with Okami, but damn... Yakuza looks good as well.

I can only afford two games, so Okami and Contact, maybe?

[quote name='b3b0p']Have you played Okami?

Disgaea is only mediocre if you are not in to strategy games. Imo, it is the best strategy game out there. Far better then FF Tactics. Disgaea is not even the same type of game as FFXII or VP2. If you like/love strategy games and want to play it for 100+ hours, you shouldn't even bother considering the other games until you are ready to purchase them.

I did state it was my opinion that Xenosaga blows chunks. I never said it was fact. It's all personal preference. My personal opinion is that Xenosaga sucks ass and Xenogears is far from 5 star RPG status.

Is Okami a new games series? If so, it has no previous credibility. It could suck worse then Xenosaga, flop, and never get even considered for a sequal. I wouldn't waste my time even thinking about this game until it has been played by the daring willing to buy it when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

I've played VP2, FFXII and Okami-- his guess was right on the nose ;-)

Okami may flop sales wise, but I guarantee you it'll get a strong cult following and plenty of critical acclaim.

[quote name='b3b0p']Have you played Okami?

Is Okami a new games series? If so, it has no previous credibility. It could suck worse then Xenosaga, flop, and never get even considered for a sequal. I wouldn't waste my time even thinking about this game until it has been played by the daring willing to buy it when it comes out.[/QUOTE]
You are aware I was just half-joking right?

Anyway, I don't really think trying Okami is that daring. As many have stated, the game looks amazing and it has been getting praise all across the board. I don't think it's such a risk to try that one out.

I'm getting VP 2, Disgaea 2, and FF12 right at launch (two out of three are already paid for).

Okami will come much later when it's clearanced out at $10.

FF3 got pushed back...So I'll get FF12 instead, 4-5 years without a real final fantasy drives a fanboy crazy you know. This leaves one more game to get

ok games I have decided to wait on:

OKamI (Not in a rush to play, it does looks amazing though)
disgaea 2 (still plowing throught makai kingdom)
phantasy star online ( no online access...s0b)

Which leaves my choice between:
DEVIL SUMMONER, omg how can i forget this
VP2

I'd probably get FFXII first since I liked Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story a lot. Although I'm reconsidering now since it seems like the only game from that list that is progressive scan capable is VP2 and I'm spoiled by my HDTV now =(

Devil Summoner FTW. If you're not getting that, Okami is a safe bet. EGM gave it a gold medal. Other than Soul Calibur III, I can't argue with the games they give gold medals to.

I think Devil Summoner looks like crap next to the WTFness of persona 3 though.

so DS and FF12 for me...a yummy Fall indeed, so far for studying lol.

bread's done
Back