SoCal CAGS: Best place for Gamecube buying and trading?

Synergy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I was going to post this in the regional section, but that forum seems to be dead.

I have been itching to play some of my old Gamecube favorites that I stupidly sold or traded years back. I picked up a GC on craigslist with a bundle of games I'm not really interested in playing. There's 12 games, some crap, but some good stuff: Super Mario Strikers, Star Fox Assault, Super Smash Bros. Melee (already have this one), and Zelda Four Swords.

Ideally I'd like to find a place I could trade all 12 games in and pick up Mario Party 4, Super Monkey Ball 2, and maybe another controller.

I tried Game Play because they got great reviews on Yelp, but they had almost no GC games and offered me $14 for all 12 games, including the non-crap above mentioned ones. I haven't lived in LA for too long, so I was hoping some of you might have some advice. I know Game Dude also has some good reviews, but these games are not absolutely mint, and I hear that's all they take.

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

I'm from socal (if you mean southern California) too.
Well i don't know if this would work out for you, but do you know where
del amo mall is? theres a store in there that buys old games and sells.

Oh, and i have some old GC games also, if your ever interested.

Torrance is a little bit of a hike, but could be worth going to at some point. I'm going to try my luck at World 8, and if that fails, Gamestop.

And sure, I'd be interested in taking a look at a list if you have one. Thanks again for the response.

i don't think the gamestops around california takes GC games anymore,
but u can always call ahead to make sure.

Oh i have more but i have to update my tradelist

I ended up trying World 8 - while they offered me the most for the games, they had the worst GC selection. I traded them all in at Gamestop since they were having the 50% promo. Picked up Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Mario Party 4.

Naturally, after spending 10 minutes goo gone-ing the stickers off of SMB 2, I discovered the disc wouldn't play. Fun times. I'll be heading back to exchange that one, and hopefully I'll be able to track down Bomberman Generation.

Can you link me to your trade list, Noel? It's not under your avatar, and I didn't see it in your recent posts. Thanks.

bread's done
Back