Socom Confrontation Kmart sale $19.99.

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
I picked this up over the weekend and I must say after seeing it was mulitplayer only I thought of returning it but figured I'd keep it since I don't want to go back to kmart. Let me tell you it is a blast to play once you get all the install crap finished. Don't get me wrong I love my halo and gears and COD but this game is just different and in ways more fun. I was in there last night with a few women playing and it was lots of fun listening to everyone and watching them die or kill once I died which was a lot since I'm a noob. I'm getting better even after 4 hours of playing. I was looking for something to spend my last $15 coupon on and saw it for sale and it was last copy so I got it and happy I did. The game got a lot of bad wrap shortly after launch because of server issues but that got fixed and even after those early bad reviews mixed it with newer reviews it still has a good score. Trophies are about impossible though after looking through them and I've not unlocked a single one in 4 hours of playing time.

Yeah, Gamestop had it used for $14.99 and that was like 6 months ago. Definitely not a good deal considering how bad Confrontation was.

[quote name='maingon']This game was awful. Not even worth 5 bucks[/QUOTE]
Quite possibly the most accurate assesment of all time. This game is so terrible.

Wow. This game was like $39 brand new (without headset) when it came out EONS ago. I'm surprised to see it still going for $20.

Should drop to 20 cents as soon as Zipper comes back on the scene.

[quote name='Newl']coming from a socom fan, confrontation is an abomination.

avoid at any price. walk away.[/QUOTE]Same here I have been a Socom player since day 1 and Confrontation was a huge disappointment. Online only game which was almost unplayable the first month or so due to server issues. 7 maps 4 of which were rehashed from previous games. They should have been giving this game away.

This game isn't worth $1. I owned it for a few weeks, and the gameplay and community leave much to be desired.

The SOCOM community is the worst of all online communities. If you're new to the series, save yourself from verbal abuse and just throw the game in the trash. I swear... the people who still play this crap must all be retired marines with an addiction to steroids. The first time I played Confrontation, I was screamed obscenities at for a solid two minutes because I ran down a certain hallway.

i just picked up a ps3 system i was a socom fan back in the Socom 1 & 2 days but is this game decent from what people here are saying,im having 2nd thoughts about it

bread's done
Back