SOCOM: Confrontation PS3 with Headset $39.99 at Toysrus.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loonknight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3268859

I"m not sure how real this is, it clearly shows the bundle pictured with the game and the headset. However, under the description it doesn't mention the headset at all.

I went ahead and ordered it. So I'm going to go YMMV on this one.

*Edit* -okay well it looks like the SKU points to the regular version of the game from what others have already said so if you want to make a case with Toysrus.com and try to get compensated because of the box art error I wish you good luck. As I said this looked like a YMMV deal considering...

Last edited by a moderator:
Be warned, as far as I could see on the site it did not say that the headset was included as the box shows. Since it does not say that they could getaway with not giving it to you. I think this is the non-headset version just with the wrong box image. Here is a link showing the two different versions, this site says in the text which one has a headset and toysrus does not http://www.ebgames.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=167

[quote name='gunm']Agreed. Looks like a mistake on the site. IIRC TRU doesn't honor mistakes.[/QUOTE]

They honored the price when I got warhawk + headset for the same price.

most likely a box art mistake. Description doesn't say anything about the headset being included. I'll pass on this one, I'm in the Beta and it isn't that great imo.

UPC on the link goes to the standalone SOCOM without the bluetooth. I'm sure the workers in the shipping facilities will be going with that instead of the picture -- I would imagine if you wanted otherwise that you'd have to deal with customer service.

[quote name='zakai']UPC on the link goes to the standalone SOCOM without the bluetooth. I'm sure the workers in the shipping facilities will be going with that instead of the picture -- I would imagine if you wanted otherwise that you'd have to deal with customer service.[/quote]

i agree... i'm passing on this one

[quote name='zakai']UPC on the link goes to the standalone SOCOM without the bluetooth. I'm sure the workers in the shipping facilities will be going with that instead of the picture -- I would imagine if you wanted otherwise that you'd have to deal with customer service.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. Saved me alot of hassle if they sent the other one without the headset.

I'm going to contact customer service and confirm. I decided to order it, and maybe if they change it back i can get the headset, or maybe a $10 GC :)

So there is a regular version....I asked my Blockbuster manager if I could change my pre-order to the regular version w/o headset, but she said they don't have it/there isn't one.

Is it possible for me to buy the SOCOM bundle when it hits say at Bestbuy or Target then take the game without the headset to Walmart and getting cash for it?

I want the headset, but not the game, and im not gonna shell out 50 bucks for the standalone headset when its there with the game for 10 dollars more

[quote name='sheepdeels']Is it possible for me to buy the SOCOM bundle when it hits say at Bestbuy or Target then take the game without the headset to Walmart and getting cash for it?

I want the headset, but not the game, and im not gonna shell out 50 bucks for the standalone headset when its there with the game for 10 dollars more[/quote]

That would be fraud.

[quote name='sheepdeels']Is it possible for me to buy the SOCOM bundle when it hits say at Bestbuy or Target then take the game without the headset to Walmart and getting cash for it?

I want the headset, but not the game, and im not gonna shell out 50 bucks for the standalone headset when its there with the game for 10 dollars more[/quote]
Yeah the headset is supposed to be pretty expensive alone, so I think I'll just keep my pre-order

I googled the UPC from the link and most/all search results links point to the game only version. I'm still looking for the bundle UPC to google that too.

BTW first post!

I want the headset, but not the game, and im not gonna shell out 50 bucks for the standalone headset when its there with the game for 10 dollars more[/QUOTE]

The game probably does not have a UPC on the cover. Its like what they did with the MGS4 LE, the game did not have a UPC on the back, so you could not take back just the game.

You could probably get $10, maybe even $15 off the headset by selling the game still sealed on eBay the week it comes out.

I thought there was only one version and it comes with the head set for $40. Damn GS employee lying to me! Glad I didn't preorder there!
Oh well, I need the head set anyways to it's all good with BBV credit.

[quote name='jkircos']The game probably does not have a UPC on the cover. Its like what they did with the MGS4 LE, the game did not have a UPC on the back, so you could not take back just the game.[/quote]

Wrong. MGS4 LE has an insert on the outer case with a UPC. When you open the box, inside there is the same exact copy of MGS4 that sits on retail shelves (same as in same cover/UPC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back