Socom Confrontation w/ Headset $19.96 at Wal-mart YMMV

even though i wasnt too crazy about Socom,

The headset is a complete win for 20 bucks.

You'll only get like $1 for the game at Gamestop but yeah, the headset is a steal at that price.

Holy Shit I have been waiting on a drop on this for like 2 months. It was still 69.99 last I checked, I will head out there today to check it out.

Totally sold out around Atlanta, but I had my brother pick one up for me in Pasadena, CA ten minutes ago for $20! Been trying to get a deal on a official headset bundle for like 3 months now. Thanks OP!

Been looking at my local Walmart's (Bismarck, ND) for a few weeks now and neither had them in stock at all.

But I also heard some Kmart's had them also for $20, I checked there yesterday and it was still the regular price at my local one. Even though I just bought this game on the PSN (had a bunch of money built up over time, figured I'd get it) I'd for sure buy a few copies, the headset is well worth the $20 just by itself.

I decided to open one of the bundles, & for the price this is a really great Bluetooth headset. The stand is nice too.

Something related I'll mention, is that I went by my closest Walmart yesterday & they had the Warhawk Bluetooth bundle. It was $29.96 though, which still isn't a bad price for getting the game & headset.

I tried to get the electronics person to open the case & get it out, that even though it was stickered $29.96, I wanted to see if the price was lower when it scanned. In a nutshell he basically refused to do so, telling me that it's the "right price" because the new prices were just placed on the games a few days ago. :roll: ...lazy bastard! :bomb:

This particular Walmart is rather ghetto, which explains a lot, which is really weird considering the shopping center it's in isn't necessarily. Then again I'm sure it's the demographic that the store attracts in general.

Other much more obscure stuff I found on the game endcap of "clearance" games was:

An opened copy of DOOM Collectors Edition (discs looked fine though) $8.96

MORE (yes MORE) Dreamcast games! Where they keep finding these at, I have NO CLUE! LMAO!!! Mainly random sports games, but ones I remember the names of was The Grinch, Evil Dead, & some Snowboarding game. They didn't show up in the system when the guy scanned them. I asked if I could make an offer on them, he said I'd have to come back next week & talk to the Electronics manager. :roll:

I basically hid them behind some camera equipment on clearance in the clearance section.

Only other thing was some Mary Kate & Ashley PS1 game... :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I decided to open one of the bundles, & for the price this is a really great Bluetooth headset. The stand is nice too.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't call it a great headset... it hurts after 5 minutes of wearing. But for $20 the bundle is a good deal.

I bought one last night and traded Socom in to Gamestop today for ~$7 with Edge (don't know exactly, threw the receipt away).

BS...Last time I checked SOCOM Confrontation TIV was $2.50 with the 50% more trade-in promotion. They sell it used for $14.99 and older games always trade in less than half for store credit.

[quote name='Rusty Spoon']I bought one last night and traded Socom in to Gamestop today for ~$7 with Edge (don't know exactly, threw the receipt away).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you got me... I totally posted a higher TIV in the hopes that I'd trick everyone. :whistle2:/

Check the TIV thread. Your info is wrong.

More on topic... there's a few left at the Bowling Green, KY locations.

Thanks op! Picked one up today after looking for this type of deal for months. Several left at Aurora, CO Walmart.

so is this confirmed to not be ymmv? it's an actual price drop at walmart? has anyone found the headset bundle for MORE than $19.96 at their walmart?

[quote name='sunghost']so is this confirmed to not be ymmv? it's an actual price drop at walmart? has anyone found the headset bundle for MORE than $19.96 at their walmart?[/QUOTE]

Yup, its a price drop. Guy last night told me it came through as a roll back last week.

[quote name='Rusty Spoon']Yup, its a price drop. Guy last night told me it came through as a roll back last week.[/QUOTE]

sweet.. maybe i'll finally have my chance at getting the official headset cheap, guess i'll see tomorrow. only one store carries it within 50 miles of my zip code :(, i wonder how accurate the inventory locator on the site is.

Can you use this headset on a phone? That would be the only reason I'd be interested.

This reminds me of the End War bundle deal for $20. Love my X360 Wireless Headset but couldn't find a PS3 Bundle :(

None at my walmart i check, 2 others I could check but there's none listed on walmart.com in this area.

[quote name='Envel']Can you use this headset on a phone? That would be the only reason I'd be interested.

This reminds me of the End War bundle deal for $20. Love my X360 Wireless Headset but couldn't find a PS3 Bundle :([/QUOTE]

Yes, it will work. I also use mine as a phone headset.

[quote name='lilman']I wouldn't call it a great headset... it hurts after 5 minutes of wearing. But for $20 the bundle is a good deal.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. It won't bother most people but it will for some people like me and others, so be forewarned.

[quote name='Thongsy']Agreed. It won't bother most people but it will for some people like me and others, so be forewarned.[/QUOTE]

It bothered me until I took off that rubber ring around the earpiece. Sits fine with me now.

Saw this at a local Walmart still priced at ~$60 on box and shelf. Took it to a price scanner and it came up $20. Thanks, OP!

Most reviews over hype the ps3 mic, it's a good headset, but not as good as some people make it out to be. One of my biggest gripes is that it is responsible for most of the TV/speaker feedback you hear on psn.

Edit: on a side not anybody know if bluetooth can only be used for "chat" audio, or can it be used for both like the usb headsets.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitnosi']None at my walmart i check, 2 others I could check but there's none listed on walmart.com in this area.[/QUOTE]

The Walmart in which I found 3 of the SOCOM bundles, it was showing out of stock online for that store, so if it isn't too far of a drive, I would suggest possibly checking anyways. You never know what you might actually find there.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']The Walmart in which I found 3 of the SOCOM bundles, it was showing out of stock online for that store, so if it isn't too far of a drive, I would suggest possibly checking anyways. You never know what you might actually find there.[/QUOTE]

I can check but even when i search for a close store online with the item, 1 does come up out of stock but its not a walmart thats close to me. Should I still check the other 2 that are close by that dont show up with even out of stock online?

i think people just like it because it auto-syncs. I'm led to believe they think its "good" because they have no experience with other bluetooth headsets but may have used the 360 headset, which in all reality, is absolutely terrible compared to a decent motorola.

It's tempting, but I got the warhawk bundle and the headset has been treating me pretty well. Gets slightly uncomfortable after long wear, but I'm sure I can figure something out on that end. Outbound and Inbound audio are usually quite good though.

I bought 3 of these, tested out the blutooth, It sounds clear but the only problem is that it doesn't have outside noise cancelation like my other ones do so other people can hear all the noise around you. It's good enough for video games though, and you can only hear voice through Bluetooth devices and cannot hear game sound. That goes for all Bluetooth devices.

[quote name='sendme']Is this mic different from the one with Warhawk[/QUOTE]

It's a BT headset, not a mic. Yes, the Warhawk bundle is a Jabra headset, the Socom bundle is the official PS3 headset that is also currently sold separately.

Got this a week ago, back when I first posted it on the YMMV. I guess it's not YMMV. Glad everyone got their headsets!

i found one at my walmart. was almost disappointed at first when i got there, cuz it wasn't in any of the game cabinets.. it was on the other side of the electronics section on a clearance shelf. that seems odd though.. a clearance item that isn't ymmv at walmart?

edit: i'm testing this thing out and noticed i was getting crackling noise by pairing the headset to the ps3 through discovery mode (scanning for bluetooth devices). if anyone gets this headset, remember to pair the headset through the usb method or else you might experience the same crackling that i did. after i paired it through usb the crackling went away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked Walmart.com for availability and found there was 1 more in my area (Cerritos, CA). Needless to say I went out that very hour and got the last copy. I'm very happy right now, thanks OP, I desperately needed one, as I was using the PS3 eye as my headset, pretty ghetto.

Thanks OP, got the last one at my Walmart in Denton, TX. Found mine in the bottom of the cabinet for PSP/PS3 games.

Word of advice, the website said there were none in stock at any stores near me, but I checked anyway and they had one. So it's worth it to check any locations you have around you despite what the site says. Happy hunting.

bread's done
Back