Solatorobo for DS for $19.99 @ Amazon

Woah! That is an INCREDIBLE price. I'm nearly 20 hours into the game and absolutely loving every moment. The developer really put their heart and soul into the game world and it shows. It's one of the most beautiful games on the system, not to mention one of the most aurally pleasing.

Don't go in expecting a Zelda experience because that's not what this, or even Tail Concerto was about. Solatorobo is more about the adventure, and though each of the quests are short and simple they're more about being succinct and helping to progress the story than trying to become the next "Water Temple". This may sound like it's not a good game but on the contrary it's a game that respects your time, gives you an absolutely unique game world to soak in, and characters that are charming.

It's true what a lot of reviews have said, as this is possibly the DS' last great hurrah. Do yourself and pick this gem of a game up. :)

Heck of a deal.
First significant sale I've seen on this title.

Agreed on it being probably one of the last hurrahs of the system.

[quote name='TraBuch']Another DS game I'm buying without actually owning a DS of any sort.[/QUOTE]
Still don't have arguably the best system around. Time to get an XL.

I plan on getting a DSi XL sometime this BF. Hoping for a nice deal somewhere.

And the PS2 will always be the best system. Evar.

now i feel stupid for buying a couple copies when it first came out. Ah well. I got them at a few gamestops so i got some mint copies. I dont have to worry about Amazon mailing them in envelopes. To those who get them let us know if they were packaged right

[quote name='TraBuch']I plan on getting a DSi XL sometime this BF. Hoping for a nice deal somewhere.

And the PS2 will always be the best system. Evar.
[/QUOTE]

amen! Easily my fave system. So many good RPG's. I have 2 sealed slims as backups because i dont want my collection to be unusable =P

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Woah! That is an INCREDIBLE price. I'm nearly 20 hours into the game and absolutely loving every moment. The developer really put their heart and soul into the game world and it shows. It's one of the most beautiful games on the system, not to mention one of the most aurally pleasing.

Don't go in expecting a Zelda experience because that's not what this, or even Tail Concerto was about. Solatorobo is more about the adventure, and though each of the quests are short and simple they're more about being succinct and helping to progress the story than trying to become the next "Water Temple". This may sound like it's not a good game but on the contrary it's a game that respects your time, gives you an absolutely unique game world to soak in, and characters that are charming.

It's true what a lot of reviews have said, as this is possibly the DS' last great hurrah. Do yourself and pick this gem of a game up. :)[/QUOTE]

you really must be dragging your feet if your 20 hours into it and not done... game is basic a 12 to 15 hour game.. THere are 20 chapters on this game..

Chaper 1 to 10 and game over WATCH THE CREDITS and then another 10 chapters.. After that Watch the credits and you can do NEW GAME with some stuff carring over to new game ( i think mostly everything carries over besides your Fetch ratings (Where you have to do quest for people what is boring as hell come into chapter 11 to 20) and you can get better upgrades for your robot each walk though) you cant get the best upgrade until the 3RD Walkthough (I think it gives you 50 + on each stat for one square

game is a good game BUT its a very simple game i beat this game on a rental though gamefly at 15 hours and 42 mins.. Never lost a single battle at least 4 hours of that time was forced playing time doing quest just to get your quest rankin up high enough to move onto the next chapter

its a fun game but dont expect much out of it time wise...like i said about 15 to maybe 20 hours first time though .. 12 to 15 hours on the 2nd and 3rd playthough BUT 90% of that playtime is going to be quest related since your stats will be so high you will walk though this agme with no problem on the 2nd and 3rd playthough..

tempted but probally wont

[quote name='Kenshindono']now i feel stupid for buying a couple copies when it first came out. Ah well. I got them at a few gamestops so i got some mint copies.[/QUOTE]

These are probably just the game without the soundtrack and embossed packaging. Hold onto those copies of yours if they're sealed and they might yet be worth something one day :)

Really nice price on what promises to be a gem of a game. Glad to see it's getting the attention it deserves. The developers tried to get this game released for a long time.

[quote name='Fabrizo']These are probably just the game without the soundtrack and embossed packaging. Hold onto those copies of yours if they're sealed and they might yet be worth something one day :)[/QUOTE]

says comes with soundtrack so it has to have the cd with it

Awesome!! I was planning on picking it up full price anyways!

but at this price I threw in a copy of P3P which was also $20!!

[quote name='slidecage']you really must be dragging your feet if your 20 hours into it and not done... game is basic a 12 to 15 hour game.. THere are 20 chapters on this game..

Chaper 1 to 10 and game over WATCH THE CREDITS and then another 10 chapters.. After that Watch the credits and you can do NEW GAME with some stuff carring over to new game ( i think mostly everything carries over besides your Fetch ratings (Where you have to do quest for people what is boring as hell come into chapter 11 to 20) and you can get better upgrades for your robot each walk though) you cant get the best upgrade until the 3RD Walkthough (I think it gives you 50 + on each stat for one square

game is a good game BUT its a very simple game i beat this game on a rental though gamefly at 15 hours and 42 mins.. Never lost a single battle at least 4 hours of that time was forced playing time doing quest just to get your quest rankin up high enough to move onto the next chapter

its a fun game but dont expect much out of it time wise...like i said about 15 to maybe 20 hours first time though .. 12 to 15 hours on the 2nd and 3rd playthough BUT 90% of that playtime is going to be quest related since your stats will be so high you will walk though this agme with no problem on the 2nd and 3rd playthough..

tempted but probally wont[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'm dragging my feet. :) I'm trying to finish every quest and fill open up every slot in my Dahak. I'm also trying to earn everything in my cabin, all of which only unlocks as you play the game, talk to everyone, defeat enemies, travel, etc. I really like the atmosphere of this game.

While one can play as you did, just finishing the direct story-progressing missions and occasionally doing quests to boost your quest ranking high enough, I chose to enjoy the game as a whole. Nothing wrong with either approach.

Every time this thread gets bumped, my willpower cracks a little bit more. If I get the game, it will just get put in my stack of 100+ unopened DS games. Hell, I just recently sold off my sealed copy of Tail Concerto... :lol:

[quote name='Serpentor']Is there a picture of the actual package showing the music CD and what not? It's not a digital download is it?[/QUOTE]
I have the game. It's a big box (bigger than most DS games with a soundtrack) and the CD is in an actual jewel case. Not some crappy cardboard sleeve. Really high quality here.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I have the game. It's a big box (bigger than most DS games with a soundtrack) and the CD is in an actual jewel case. Not some crappy cardboard sleeve. Really high quality here.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the confirmation! I ordered one...

heads up your package will ship in a envlope (so expect it to be crushed) just got off the phone with amazon and amazon will NOT SHIP anything under 3 pounds in a box

[quote name='slidecage']heads up your package will ship in a envlope (so expect it to be crushed) just got off the phone with amazon and amazon will NOT SHIP anything under 3 pounds in a box[/QUOTE]
That's untrue. I got CD's in a box before. I just ordered one CD too. It was with 3-5 day standard shipping.

[quote name='slidecage']heads up your package will ship in a envlope (so expect it to be crushed) just got off the phone with amazon and amazon will NOT SHIP anything under 3 pounds in a box[/QUOTE]

Just got Dragon Quest VI last week in a box.

Crap if I had known that, I would have combined a couple orders I made for my gf to get over 3lbs! Ordered Solatarobo, Trails in the Sky LE and No More Heroes together, so hope that's close enough to 3lbs to get a box!

On another note, Black Friday needs to get here asap or Amazon and Best Buy are gonna take all my money before we even get there! Dare I say it, please make these awesome deals stop until then:lol: Loving it!

[quote name='62t']Just got Dragon Quest VI last week in a box.[/QUOTE]

wonder why they said that .... going to call up again and speak to someone else cause im going to return my fate/extra LE i got off them what came crushed (plastic box is busted, music case is busted)

bread's done
Back