Sold beat up CoD4, worked on my end, freezes on buyers side..advice?

FeNoM91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Well, I sold a CoD4 on eBay that was extremely scratched. It worked perfectly for me (finished up campaign and played online) but user says he can't get past Act 1. I responded to him saying to get it rebuffed or try a few tricks, which I myself had to do a few times. Also, I did list up the condition in the auction, and it was only a $40.50 shipped when other CoD4's were going for $47-$50. Note: it was a buy-it-now.

Advice? My policies says no refunds, returns, etc. and I am abiding by it. Hopefully he doesn't file a claim. If he did, would he be forced to return my game? I know for sure it worked fine on my end, don't know why it wouldn't register with his console. Any advice would be great!

[quote name='FeNoM91']Well, I sold a CoD4 on eBay that was extremely scratched. It worked perfectly for me (finished up campaign and played online) but user says he can't get past Act 1. I responded to him saying to get it rebuffed or try a few tricks, which I myself had to do a few times. Also, I did list up the condition in the auction, and it was only a $40.50 shipped when other CoD4's were going for $47-$50. Note: it was a buy-it-now.

Advice? My policies says no refunds, returns, etc. and I am abiding by it. Hopefully he doesn't file a claim. If he did, would he be forced to return my game? I know for sure it worked fine on my end, don't know why it wouldn't register with his console. Any advice would be great![/quote]

If he files a claim I'm pretty sure he'd have to send it back before you'd have to refund his money. Though I'd hope paypal would side with you since you listed the condition in the auction.

[quote name='mguiddy']If he files a claim I'm pretty sure he'd have to send it back before you'd have to refund his money. Though I'd hope paypal would side with you since you listed the condition in the auction.[/quote]

Oh. Well, I'm talking with the buyer and he doesn't seem to be an asshole at all. He's extremely nice about it. He said he'll try some of the tricks and said that the online multiplayer works perfectly and thats what he'll use it for the most. Thanks goodness. Said he will be leaving positive and not to feel bad that its pretty much cool.

Probably one of the easiest eBay buyers I have dealt with.

Thanks for all the help.

I'm surprised he bought it for only $7 cheaper than a better copy, considering you listed the condition in the description...

[quote name='aen']I'm surprised he bought it for only $7 cheaper than a better copy, considering you listed the condition in the description...[/QUOTE]

Same here, guess that is what happens when you bid first, read later. Congrats OP on getting a sucker :p

bread's done
Back