SOLD: Dreamcast bundle for sale

RCS0926

CAGiversary!
I just put my Dreamcast bundle on sale on ebay. The bundle includes the original console, 4 controllers, 4 memory cards and 18 games including noteworthy titles such as Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Powerstone 2, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, Last Blade 2 and Shenmue. Check it out if you're interested. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270366783820

Edit: I initially valued my bundle at $300 and set the opening price as such. However, I now realize that even if the bundle is worth that much (or more), I'm probably not going to get that price since I'm a 1st time ebay seller. As such, I've determined that I'm willing to accept $200 for the bundle, but with ebay and PayPal fees calculated in, I've set the opening price at $220. When all is said and done, I want to walk away with $200.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
Yeah, I know, but you have to start somewhere. I'm going to see if I can get anyone to bite on this bundle. If not, then I'll have to consider breaking it up or dropping the price on the bundle. Still, I'm willing to be patient, so we'll see how it plays out. Thanks for the free bump.

I just don't want to get lowballed. Aren't you obligated to award your sale item to the highest bidder even if it's way below what you were looking for?

[quote name='The Color Chris']Amazing bundle just way out my price range.[/quote]

Well, if the bundle hasn't sold in a week, then I'll drop the price $50-$100. Overall, I'd rather not break up the bundle, but we'll see how it goes. It definitely doesn't help that this bundle is the first thing I've ever tried to sell on ebay...

[quote name='zackL04']I have this same bundle with like 30+ more games, but they are back-ups. Is it worth 150?[/quote]

I'm not sure how easy it is to get bootleg copies of Dreamcast games. If it's relatively difficult, then I think you could sell your bundle for $150. However, I think most people who are looking to purchase a Dreamcast are probably collectors, so your market might be limited.

[quote name='s2k']you could set it lower openin bid with a reserve price

so you don't have to sell it if it dosent have[/quote]

That's a good suggestion. I think I might do that.

OK, I set the starting price at $100 but specified a reserve price of $300. I'm not sure that it will generate more interest, but I hope a few people offer bids so I can get an idea of the true market value of this bundle.

[quote name='kube00']well if u decide to break it up I might interested in a few of the games[/quote]

I'll let this auction play out first and then I'll consider breaking up the bundle. Thanks for your interest though.

Backing up DC games is/was the easiest of any console. No protection on their "GD Roms". Towards the peak of the dc-scene copies were self booting. Download iso, burn, enjoy. Great times, great scene

[quote name='Import']Backing up DC games is/was the easiest of any console. No protection on their "GD Roms". Towards the peak of the dc-scene copies were self booting. Download iso, burn, enjoy. Great times, great scene[/quote]

Well, I guess that devalues that bundle the other CAG was thinking of selling.

bread's done
Back