[SOLD OUT] Fire Emblem: Awakening - $34.99 - Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want you all to know that Fire Emblem: Awakening is my favorite game of all time. I have already logged 200 hours into 1 save file, and I've been playing it basically every day since it came out. I know it won't be for everyone, but if you have even the slightest interest in RPGs, strategy games, or dating simulators, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.

[quote name='blinknot4']This might be an incoming price drop, but Newegg currently has Fire Emblem Awakening priced at $34.99.

Amazon, Best Buy and G'Stop still have it for $39.99. Yes, it is only five bucks less, but the game is great at any price.[/QUOTE]

Hey, saving that $5 will let you buy a single piece of DLC. That's a whole extra 9 minutes of gameplay! Plus you get a generic as hell "legacy character" that was just crapped out of the character creation tool. Can't beat that!

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I just want you all to know that Fire Emblem: Awakening is my favorite game of all time. I have already logged 200 hours into 1 save file, and I've been playing it basically every day since it came out. I know it won't be for everyone, but if you have even the slightest interest in RPGs, strategy games, or dating simulators, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you 100% I just got this game less than a week ago, and already logged 12 hours in. I know it's nothing to you and I barely scratched the surface of the game, but it really is a great game. The DLC looks great, and do you have any reccomendations on which are the best? Also, once you finish the story missions can you still go back and play everything else?

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I just want you all to know that Fire Emblem: Awakening is my favorite game of all time. I have already logged 200 hours into 1 save file, and I've been playing it basically every day since it came out. I know it won't be for everyone, but if you have even the slightest interest in RPGs, strategy games, or dating simulators, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

You just mentioned two of the biggest thing I hate in games, strategy RPGs (I combined those two from your post, seemed appropriate) and dating sims. But, I do want to try this game, I just know I won't love it as others have, so I gotta wait on a better price (or rent it).

Great find, I do hear great things about this game, but the more I hear, the more I can tell this hits a specific type of fan, that is just not me.

[quote name='VideoGameCollector17']Agree with you 100% I just got this game less than a week ago, and already logged 12 hours in. I know it's nothing to you and I barely scratched the surface of the game, but it really is a great game. The DLC looks great, and do you have any recommendations on which are the best? [/QUOTE]

I would recommend the gold and EXP one (The Golden Pack) to every player. Having access to unlimited gold (Golden Gaffe) allows you to play the game forever without running out of weapons (which was a serious issue in FE: Sacred Stones on GBA). The EXPonential Growth is great for when you get new, underleveled characters, or when you're trying to intentionally use characters with bad stats.

All the other packs are completely optional and probably not worth the money (unless you're a die-hard like me). Two of them allow extra classes, Dread Fighter and Bride. The rewards for finishing the other harder ones allow you to over-develop characters, which is required to beat the challenge DLC packs (so it's kind of a spiraling situation).

[quote name='VideoGameCollector17'] Also, once you finish the story missions can you still go back and play everything else?[/QUOTE]

Yes. That's when you're supposed to play most of the DLC because they require a pretty solid team.

[quote name='emperordahc']Really want to grab this, but I don't have the time to dig deep in it.

That said... Monster Hunter! ;)[/QUOTE]

Yup Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter could take the award for most time consuming titles for the 3DS this year. Plus Pokemon and Animal Crossing aren't out yet so there are plenty of time sucking titles on the way. They all have lots of replay value for fans of these genres. All well worth the money.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I would recommend the gold and EXP one (The Golden Pack) to every player. Having access to unlimited gold (Golden Gaffe) allows you to play the game forever without running out of weapons (which was a serious issue in FE: Sacred Stones on GBA). The EXPonential Growth is great for when you get new, underleveled characters, or when you're trying to intentionally use characters with bad stats.

All the other packs are completely optional and probably not worth the money (unless you're a die-hard like me). Two of them allow extra classes, Dread Fighter and Bride. The rewards for finishing the other harder ones allow you to over-develop characters, which is required to beat the challenge DLC packs (so it's kind of a spiraling situation).[/QUOTE]

Unlimited gold you say?

I want to get the Dread Fighter and Bride packs. I like unique additions.

I totally took out Priam and his entire army in a few minutes. My unit took out a third of his army before the rest moved to my main army and got killed there.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I would recommend the gold and EXP one (The Golden Pack) to every player. Having access to unlimited gold (Golden Gaffe) allows you to play the game forever without running out of weapons (which was a serious issue in FE: Sacred Stones on GBA). The EXPonential Growth is great for when you get new, underleveled characters, or when you're trying to intentionally use characters with bad stats.

All the other packs are completely optional and probably not worth the money (unless you're a die-hard like me). Two of them allow extra classes, Dread Fighter and Bride. The rewards for finishing the other harder ones allow you to over-develop characters, which is required to beat the challenge DLC packs (so it's kind of a spiraling situation).

Yes. That's when you're supposed to play most of the DLC because they require a pretty solid team.[/QUOTE]

I gotta say I couldn't disagree more. The DLC in this game is worse than anything CoD ever pulled. If these maps were $1 apiece and $2 for a bundle, well, I still would say it's overpriced but I'd be a lot more forgiving about it. It's the laziest, most overpriced example of DLC I've ever seen, and I am continuously astounded about how "fans" badmouth Capcom for charging for skins, or Bethesda's horse armor, or CoD map packs, yet they have no problem paying $3 for maps that take less than 15 minutes to beat if you take your time and play conservatively. Just because you can play the same content again and again to get more gold or exp (which shouldn't just be resticted to DLC anyways) is no reason to justify paying so much for so very, very little.

Seriously, it probably takes one guy all of one day to make each of these levels, assuming he's a newbie and completely incompetent. Now also consider that this DLC was completed before the game ever went gold in America (yes, even the translations, they were done side by side with the main game, and there was even day 1 DLC in Japan). Nintendo isn't spending oodles of money on this DLC, why is it that 3 maps cost as much as a new DLC fighter or the Scorchers or even maps on 3D shooters?

Oh, and god forbid you drop/lose that 3DS, cause you'll never get the content you paid so much money for back if you do.

[quote name='malethief']Yup Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter could take the award for most time consuming titles for the 3DS this year. Plus Pokemon and Animal Crossing aren't out yet so there are plenty of time sucking titles on the way. They all have lots of replay value for fans of these genres. All well worth the money.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Animal Crossing on preorder for me and the wife. :)

[quote name='emperordahc']Yup. Animal Crossing on preorder for me and the wife. :)[/QUOTE]

Problem with Animal Crossing is that every game in the series is almost the same... and its very very repetitive...

MH and Fire Emblem are repetitive but not nearly as much... they have way more content.

I can not justify dropping 40$ (ot 80$ on 2 copies for me and wife) on a game with 90% of assets and content from GameCube era (decade ago). If it was an eShop 15$ game.. id be all over it.. even at 19.99

[quote name='rcerboss']Nintendo isn't spending oodles of money on this DLC, why is it that 3 maps cost as much as a new DLC fighter or the Scorchers or even maps on 3D shooters?[/QUOTE]
We're both CAGs and we're both interested in Fire Emblem. It pains be to say this:

The future of gaming is removing the upper limit on how much you can spend on one game. TF2, Dota 2, Call of Duty Elite, everything has microtransactions. And you see statistics for free-to-play games that are like "1% of our players spend money, but 1% of those people spend A LOT of money." The goal of these companies is to let these players spend as much as they want.

If it makes you feel any better, this DLC funds development of future Fire Emblem games..?

[quote name='Chrushev']Problem with Animal Crossing is that every game in the series is almost the same... and its very very repetitive...

MH and Fire Emblem are repetitive but not nearly as much... they have way more content.

I can not justify dropping 40$ (ot 80$ on 2 copies for me and wife) on a game with 90% of assets and content from GameCube era (decade ago). If it was an eShop 15$ game.. id be all over it.. even at 19.99[/QUOTE]
Totally agree regarding AC. I still have the original and bought the NDS version. For me it was a step down from the original.

Thanks OP, snagged a copy of FE. :bouncy:

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Buy this if you like games

My only problem is its kinda easy if you turn off permadeath[/QUOTE]

Believe you can play hardcore with permadeath off, which is probably still a decent challenge. Don't think you can change difficulty after you start a game though.

As a big fan of previous Fire Emblem games, I really hope that Amazon price matches this. I've got some Amazon credit saved up, and I've been wanting this game for a while now.
[quote name='malethief']Yup Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter could take the award for most time consuming titles for the 3DS this year. Plus Pokemon and Animal Crossing aren't out yet so there are plenty of time sucking titles on the way. They all have lots of replay value for fans of these genres. All well worth the money.[/QUOTE]I agree. Couldn't tell you how many hours I put into Animal Crossing: Wild World on DS.

[quote name='Chrushev']Problem with Animal Crossing is that every game in the series is almost the same... and its very very repetitive...

I can not justify dropping 40$ (ot 80$ on 2 copies for me and wife) on a game with 90% of assets and content from GameCube era (decade ago). If it was an eShop 15$ game.. id be all over it.. even at 19.99[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah I know what you mean and I agree with all the comments with everyone else. It's definitely has been less content since the original GameCube version since every version that came after. I guess the charm it had wore off since it was pretty unique of a title to start with and not enough new ideas thrown in as the series progressed unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back