Some cheap games at DeepDiscount.com (Rocket Slime - $9.17 / FF Crisis Core - $12.22)

illennium

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Here is the link to DeepDiscount.com's so-called video game blowout:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/video_blowoutsale/

You will need to enter the code SAVE25 at checkout to get the prices shown. Most of the games are older and many are not fantastic, but with free shipping and no tax outside of Illinois, you might find a good deal or two.

Some highlights:

Silent Hill Origins (PSP) $10.70
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS) $9.17 (highly recommend this one!)
SingStar (PS3) $10.70
Mirror's Edge (XB 360) $9.17
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP) $12.22 (recommended by several posters in this thread)
Far Cry 2 (XB 360) $12.22

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP. Picked up Indiana Jones and Shellshock 2. There's some other good stuff, too but I already own most of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find OP, theres a variety of titles there.

I will probably pick up that Madagascar Kartz $13.75 and maybe Race Pro $10.70 for the 360. Prices are pretty good across the board with the sale and new is new, free ship and no tax for most doesn't hurt either.

Also Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (psp) for $12.22.

Would anyone recommend that game? I've been considering it for a while, and this seems like the right price.

The story was a bit corny but the game is a lot of fun, very pretty, and it's designed perfectly for on the go play (quick action, sidequests are 5 minute things you access from the menu, etc..)

And as such it's a pretty straight forward game with very little customization, so if that doesn't sound up your alley then maybe you'd want to pass. But there's also some really great FFVII nostalgia moments that are in the game that any fan would appreciate.

Gets a high recommendation from me if you played FFVII.

[quote name='Relysis']Also Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (psp) for $12.22.

Would anyone recommend that game? I've been considering it for a while, and this seems like the right price.[/QUOTE]

It's one of the better PSP titles out there. It's basically an action-RPG with terrific graphics and an incredibly emo story. Def. worth less than $13.

FYI to ALL CAG's: If you have a DS and haven't played Rocket Slime, you're missing out on an amazing gaming experience. $10 is a bloody steal.

Project sylpheed isnt to bad if anyone is interested in it a schmup. Its worth 9 bucks Id say.

So far Im in for rocket slime and ff7 crisis core. Ill run through the list again to see if I missed something. But thanks for the linkage, 20 bucks for those games new is a pretty good deal.

Thanks! Picked up Rocket Slime. I highly recommend FFVII Crisis Core to anyone here who doesn't have it. It's a no brainer if you are an FFVII fan and for that price its a steal. Another good buy is Daxter. Thanks again OP!

Rocket Slime is awesome, and yes to Crisis Core, one of the best PSP games out there. It's structured perfectly for a portable game, real easy to pick up and put back down. And it plays/looks like a improved version of FF7, the materia system is really neat and yeah the graphics are pretty good.

Just to heap on, I'd also recommend FF:CC and Rocket Slime DS. Rocket Slime gets a bit frantic in the tank battles and adds a bunch of visual humor in those battles. Tossing stuff into the cannons is hilarious.

[quote name='makesfive']Rocket Slime is awesome, and yes to Crisis Core, one of the best PSP games out there. It's structured perfectly for a portable game, real easy to pick up and put back down. And it plays/looks like a improved version of FF7, the materia system is really neat and yeah the graphics are pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally, on both accounts. When such great portable games can be had for such low prices, it reminds me of what a great time it is to be a gamer.

Also, fellow CAG request: if anyone in this thread buys Rocket Slime and falls in love with it, make sure you come back here and tell us :)

[quote name='ravens52bears54']What kind of game is Rocket Slime? I just watched a video on YouTube and still can't tell. Hopefully it's not a RPG.[/QUOTE]

Core gameplay is an action-adventure; and dispersed throughout are tank battles that would qualify as tactical minigames.

rocket slime has been out and about for some time and hard to find.
great casual game to pick up and go

Wow I thought Rocket Slime went out of print a while back and I thought I bought it at the cut off point. Good game

[quote name='JaylisJayP']You all do know Rocket Slime is $6.30 used at gamestop with an edge card, right?[/QUOTE]

And you do realize this is brand new for less than $10

Looks like Deepdiscount offers 4% Bing Cashback.

I have just ordered Rocket Slime and will wait and see if BCH comes through.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']You all do know Rocket Slime is $6.30 used at gamestop with an edge card, right?[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not give Gamestop the business. They shouldn't sell gutted copies, and this is cheap enough.

Unfortunately most used DS games at Gamestop tend to be cart only, many of the people here want the games to be complete.

I was in for Operation Darkness for 12.22, but the site says my PP has insufficient funds...which isn't true. I called customer service and they said try again in an hour.... anyone else have a problem?

[quote name='AwRy108']Core gameplay is an action-adventure; and dispersed throughout are tank battles that would qualify as tactical minigames.[/QUOTE]

If by tactical, you mean picking up and monotonously carrying objects to a cannon in order to fire them at an opponent. So long as you keep a steady stream of crap fired, you will never "lose" a battle. Not only that, but you'll never even come close to losing.

The game was far too easy. It was a wonderful experience, but theres literally no replay in this title.

I reviewed it, if anyone wanted to see an opinion that doesn't necessarily rain supreme praise on it. Gotta see the bad as well as the good I spose.

http://www.teh-nook.com/forum/game-reviews/dragon-quest-heroes-rocket-slime-adventures-250/

FF: CC is definitely worth it. I won't go all in-depth or anything, but I will say the payoff - see: ending - is worth the price of admission alone.

...Even if you have to sit through what seems like an endless stream of ridiculous slot machine reels and limit break scenes. The game is a button-masher, and you are pretty much just going to attack, dodge and heal yourself the entire game, watch a reel/limit break/cut-scene, repeat... but overall, the visuals, boss battles, side-missions and ending all make up for it. It's a very engrossing and lengthy game (20+ hours).

[quote name='GlassAgate']Is DD legit? Do they only sell new games?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. They are a known quantity in the DVD collecting world. Many of us have ordered literally hundreds of titles there over the years.

Yeah my order for Rocket Slime is still open. I'll give it another 2 days and for sure it'll go through. I'll post any updates.

i got 2 games in my cart right now

Papa science 9.82
and some shop owner for 10

tempted to buy them for 19.82 shipped with no tax

...and you know that this would require us to shop at GameStop, right? I'd sooner pay a few more dollars for a new copy and circumvent GameStop altogether.

Thanks OP. Picked up Tenchu Z for $10.70 shipped. For that price, it's worth a couple hours of my time.

bread's done
Back