some highlights from the 5-16 BestBuy ad

snipermike

CAGiversary!
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (pc) 19.99
Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox) 29.99

Sorry i don't have more deals but i will make sure i update this page when i take a look at the ad again

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']kotor for $15 after ggc! nice![/quote]

If your BB allows GGC coupon to be used on PC software.

Go to Best Buy and grab a Gamer's Gift Card in the video game section and take it to the register. Have them put $10 on the card then open the jewel case and rip out the $5 coupon on the back of the paper inside the jewel case. Then go back into the store and grab the game you want to buy and use the $10 gift card you just bought plus the $5 off coupon towards the price of the game. Knocks $5 off any video games or accessories over $19.99.

no no, when u "buy" a gamers' gift card, it comes with a $5 off 19.99+ game coupon. so you put what ever amout on the gift card you want, and you get a $5 coupon. get it?

I guess you could do that too. I just have always put like $5 or $10 on the card. Plus they don't let you get Best Buy Reward Points on gift card purchases so the less you put on the gift card, the more points you get.

The reward zone is garbage. They prolly make so much money off it isn't funny. To it seems like unless you spend 2000 dollars you ont get 5 dollars off. whatever best buy, ill keep using my GGC till you discontinue it then ill go to your crummy store again.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']The reward zone is garbage. They prolly make so much money off it isn't funny. To it seems like unless you spend 2000 dollars you ont get 5 dollars off. whatever best buy, ill keep using my GGC till you discontinue it then ill go to your crummy store again.[/quote]

Actually, its for every $125 you get $5 gift cert. They also give you $50 worth of points to start with, so basically if you spend $200 in a year you get your money back.

I think i am CHEAP...pickup 10 gamer gift card for $1 each. Take it to the car rip off (1) $5 off coupon then returned back to the store pickup the game and use all 10 gift card ($1 Each) along with $5 off coupon.

STill have 9 $5 off coupon for future purchase :)

Which is just the kind of thing that's bound to get this thing shut down.

Why not just buy one GGC and put $10 on it (or actually, the price of the game?) why not wait until you want to buy something else to get the other ones?

[quote name='Masterkyo']I think i am CHEAP...pickup 10 gamer gift card for $1 each. Take it to the car rip off (1) $5 off coupon then returned back to the store pickup the game and use all 10 gift card ($1 Each) along with $5 off coupon.

STill have 9 $5 off coupon for future purchase :)[/quote]

Why do this? The money you put on the cards is still good in the future for ANY purchases.... this attitude is killing this deal for the rest of us.

I thought his idea was good but instead of buying 10 of them I would only buy 2 so I could use it next time because sometimes I cant find the card :(

[quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='thingsfallnapart']The reward zone is garbage. They prolly make so much money off it isn't funny. To it seems like unless you spend 2000 dollars you ont get 5 dollars off. whatever best buy, ill keep using my GGC till you discontinue it then ill go to your crummy store again.[/quote]

Actually, its for every $125 you get $5 gift cert. They also give you $50 worth of points to start with, so basically if you spend $200 in a year you get your money back.[/quote]

Your math makes no sense...

200/125 ≈ 1
$50 + (1 x $5) = $55
$55 != $200

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='thingsfallnapart']The reward zone is garbage. They prolly make so much money off it isn't funny. To it seems like unless you spend 2000 dollars you ont get 5 dollars off. whatever best buy, ill keep using my GGC till you discontinue it then ill go to your crummy store again.[/quote]

Actually, its for every $125 you get $5 gift cert. They also give you $50 worth of points to start with, so basically if you spend $200 in a year you get your money back.[/quote]

200/125 ≈ 1
$50 + (1 x $5) = $55
$55 != $200[/quote]

The math makes perfect sense.

200/125 = 1.6, but you have no reason to divide them.

$50*5/125 + $200*5/125 = $250*5/125 = $10 = price of reward zone plan per year.

[quote name='BigMan']so u put $10 on teh card and u get an extra $5 on the card? so its $15 off the purchase?[/quote] You still pay $10 for the gift card.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='thingsfallnapart']The reward zone is garbage. They prolly make so much money off it isn't funny. To it seems like unless you spend 2000 dollars you ont get 5 dollars off. whatever best buy, ill keep using my GGC till you discontinue it then ill go to your crummy store again.[/quote]

200/125 ≈ 1
$50 + (1 x $5) = $55
$55 != $200[/quote]

EDIT: Nevermind.

[quote name='BigMan']so u put $10 on teh card and u get an extra $5 on the card? so its $15 off the purchase?[/quote]

No you put 10 on the card and get a coupon that takes 5 off of any video game purchase above 19.99.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='thingsfallnapart']The reward zone is garbage. They prolly make so much money off it isn't funny. To it seems like unless you spend 2000 dollars you ont get 5 dollars off. whatever best buy, ill keep using my GGC till you discontinue it then ill go to your crummy store again.[/quote]

200/125 ≈ 1
$50 + (1 x $5) = $55
$55 != $200[/quote]

The math makes perfect sense.

200/125 = 1.6, but you have no reason to divide them.

$50*5/125 + $200*5/125 = $250*5/125 = $10 = price of reward zone plan per year.[/quote]

Let's see..."for every $125 you get $5 gift cert"

$125 can only go into $200 fully once, meaning you only get one $5 gift certificate. You begin with $50 in rewards, meaning you only get an additional $5 in rewards. Unless I'm not understanding how the program works, it seems like you're $145 in the hole.

[quote name='mick16']I guess you could do that too. I just have always put like $5 or $10 on the card. Plus they don't let you get Best Buy Reward Points on gift card purchases so the less you put on the gift card, the more points you get.[/quote]

Why not just put one cent on it?

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']kotor for $15 after ggc! nice![/quote]

If your BB allows GGC coupon to be used on PC software.[/quote]

Why wouldn't they? It's a game, in the game section.

If I understand correctly you start out with 50 rewards dollars. With the extra 200 you spend your total is 250. 250/125= 2 gift cards

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If I understand correctly you start out with 50 rewards dollars. With the extra 200 you spend your total is 250. 250/125= 2 gift cards[/quote]

...which is still only a total of $60 in gift cards.

How the bloody hell does it work out so that spending $200 allows you to break even?

You can put 1 penny on the GGC. That way if you do not use it, lose it, etc. you're not out $5 or $10 or whatever amount. I bought four more yesterday and put a penny on each no problem.

You should be able to find a penny in the parking lot.

why not just bring the GGC and your purchase up to the register?
If you put more on the giftcard you can double the points on your Rewards Zone card if you have one. It doesn't matter how much you put on the card because you can use the card to pay off the rest of the game.

laugh at me. I have made 35 dollars in coupons so far and I have 8 months left.

doing the math: $10 startup fee - $35 dollars to use at BB = $25 profit.
I guess I did the smart thing.

Friends of mine think the same way you do. I just have them use my card. More points for me if they don't believe in the program.

pinoy530 wrote:
thingsfallnapart wrote:
The reward zone is garbage. They prolly make so much money off it isn't funny. To it seems like unless you spend 2000 dollars you ont get 5 dollars off. whatever best buy, ill keep using my GGC till you discontinue it then ill go to your crummy store again.

Actually, its for every $125 you get $5 gift cert. They also give you $50 worth of points to start with, so basically if you spend $200 in a year you get your money back.

200/125 ≈ 1
$50 + (1 x $5) = $55
$55 != $200

200 + 50 = 250
250/125 = 2
2*$5 = $10 (which is what the reward zone card costs)

Makes sense to me. If you aren't going to buy things from BB, then the card makes no sense for you, but if you buy things from them with any regularity, it is a good thing. Some people are just far too present-minded to think of the future benefit that spending $10 today could get you

[quote name='lordopus99']laugh at me. I have made 35 dollars in coupons so far and I have 8 months left.

doing the math: $10 startup fee - $35 dollars to use at BB = $25 profit.
I guess I did the smart thing.

Friends of mine think the same way you do. I just have them use my card. More points for me if they don't believe in the program.[/quote]

I know what you mean. With my purchases and the things that other people let me put on my card because "it is a waste of money," completely paid for my 20GB iPod. I really feel like I got scammed by Best Buy....shame on them for giving me an iPod

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If I understand correctly you start out with 50 rewards dollars. With the extra 200 you spend your total is 250. 250/125= 2 gift cards[/quote]

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']

How the bloody hell does it work out so that spending $200 allows you to break even?[/quote]

The reward zone program costs $10 to join, for each $125 you spend you get $5 in gift certificates, therefore if you get 2 gift certificates the initial investment is offset (they give you $50 worth of reward points at signup so that means if you spend an additional $200 your initial $10 investment is offset), if you spend enough to get 3 gift certificates you end up saving money (unless you make stupid purchases at Best Buy just to utilize the rewards). Additionally some products earn bonus reward zone points allowing you to spend less to get more gift certificates. If you shop at Best Buy a lot it is worth it, if not it's a waste of $10.

$10 initial investment (cost of rewards program)

$50 in rewards points on card
+$200 spent at Best Buy
=$250 in rewards points / 125 = 2 $5 Gift Cards

2*$5 = 10$ which is what you spent to join the program, any additional spending is just gravy, if you're buying a computer, tv, or any other expensive merchandise you will get more money back in giftcards than you spent to join the program.

[quote name='zzl365'][quote name='CaseyRyback']If I understand correctly you start out with 50 rewards dollars. With the extra 200 you spend your total is 250. 250/125= 2 gift cards[/quote]

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']

How the bloody hell does it work out so that spending $200 allows you to break even?[/quote]

The reward zone program costs $10 to join, for each $125 you spend you get $5 in gift certificates, therefore if you get 2 gift certificates the initial investment is offset (they give you $50 worth of reward points at signup so that means if you spend an additional $200 your initial $10 investment is offset), if you spend enough to get 3 gift certificates you end up saving money (unless you make stupid purchases at Best Buy just to utilize the rewards). Additionally some products earn bonus reward zone points allowing you to spend less to get more gift certificates. If you shop at Best Buy a lot it is worth it, if not it's a waste of $10.

$10 initial investment (cost of rewards program)

$50 in rewards points on card
+$200 spent at Best Buy
=$250 in rewards points / 125 = 2 $5 Gift Cards

2*$5 = 10$ which is what you spent to join the program, any additional spending is just gravy, if you're buying a computer, tv, or any other expensive merchandise you will get more money back in giftcards than you spent to join the program.[/quote]

So in other words, I am both wrong and stupid. Thanks for clarifying that for me. :D

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']The reward zone is garbage. They prolly make so much money off it isn't funny. To it seems like unless you spend 2000 dollars you ont get 5 dollars off. whatever best buy, ill keep using my GGC till you discontinue it then ill go to your crummy store again.[/quote]

Which is why every 125 dollars you spend you get 5 off... and think about how much money you spend on things in a given year. Now just try to find all those things in weekly ads, pricematch at bestbuy, and you get points plus savings. In the long run you end up cheating bestbuy in a way.

bread's done
Back