Some idiotic threads created by anti-Christian bigots on CAG today

CTLesq

CAGiversary!
Since we feel the need to smear all Christians I thought it would be appropriate to do the same.

Just for your amusement:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55441

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55288

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54611

Here is the CTL challenge. Try to find a thread where the same 3 or 4 anti-Christian bigots continue to post among themselves in an attempt to make the topic appear to actually have more than one opinion!

Researchers are fairly confident that the most support these anti-Christian bigots have is on the interent.

Additionally it is recommended that you pray for their souls and perhaps PM them with the message of our Lord Jesus Christ.

However it is clear that they feel threatened by Christianity so hopefully that will brighten your day as much as mine.

Hoping that one day these bigots realize that persecuting people for thier religious beliefs is just as wrong as someone making an inappropriate racial or
gender comment.*

CTL

* And no, that does not include sexual orientation.

[quote name='whoknows']Exactly why I have CTLesq on my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Yes and his avatar suits him perfectly.

[quote name='CTLesq']Here is the CTL challenge. Try to find a thread where the same 3 or 4 anti-Christian bigots continue to post among themselves in an attempt to make the topic appear to actually have more than one opinion![/QUOTE]
Um, if in fact 3 or 4 people are posting, doesn't that pretty much automatically mean that there's more than one opinion, even if they generally agree with one another? Or is agreeing with other people bad now and all we're allowed to do is scream semi-coherent insults back and forth?

[quote name='CTLesq']Hoping that one day these bigots realize that persecuting people for thier religious beliefs is just as wrong as someone making an inappropriate racial or gender comment.*

CTL

* And no, that does not include sexual orientation.[/QUOTE]

This from Mr. "homeless exist for my amusement"

Jesus befriended and according to the bible was able to cure lepers - the homeless untouchables of his time.

What a great "christian", just like your "christian" friend George W.

As for homosexuals, whatever happened to "the good Samaritan", and "love the sinner, not the sin" (if indeed one does view it as a sin).

I think you're the one who has problems with the ideology of christianity, all I see from the left are people pointing out that extreme christians have perverted a beautiful idea and used the shield of "persecution paranoia" to divert the arguement away from their disgusting bigotry.

CTL can dish it, but he can't take it.

BTW - I actually consider myself Christian (Luthern), but he's the difference between me and the neocons -- I don't go around flaunting my religion in front of others, nor do I feel that I need to "save" every non-Christian on the planet by trying to force my religion on them. Knowing Christ can mean living like him (love thy neighbor, peace towards all humanity), not just calling yourself "a Christian".

[quote name='E-Z-B']CTL can dish it, but he can't take it.

BTW - I actually consider myself Christian (Luthern), but he's the difference between me and the neocons -- I don't go around flaunting my religion in front of others, nor do I feel that I need to "save" every non-Christian on the planet by trying to force my religion on them. Knowing Christ can mean living like him (love thy neighbor, peace towards all humanity), not just calling yourself "a Christian".[/QUOTE]

(snort) Some Christian you are... You make the Baby Dubya weep. :)

[quote name='MrBadExample'](snort) Some Christian you are... You make the Baby Dubya weep. :)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Now, I'm no Bible scholar, but I think the book says:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. KJV (Matthew 5: 43-48)

Or, if you prefer:

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. NIV (Matthew 5: 43-48)

This seems to me to paint a pretty clear picture of the way Christ would have his followers approach conflict.

I’m not sure how that plays into a nigh-anonymous rant on a forum, but, hey, your miles may vary.

[quote name='1modernboy']Now, I'm no Bible scholar, but I think the book says:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. KJV (Matthew 5: 43-48)

Or, if you prefer:

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. NIV (Matthew 5: 43-48)

This seems to me to paint a pretty clear picture of the way Christ would have his followers approach conflict.

I’m not sure how that plays into a nigh-anonymous rant on a forum, but, hey, your miles may vary.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a shame that my religion's been hijacked by fanatics

[quote name='alonzomourning23']People really need to watch the movie "saved", it pretty good and pokes fun at self righteous christians. Also, mckaulley caulkin is pretty good in it.[/QUOTE]

Excellent film! Even Mandy Moore's performance is palatable.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']People really need to watch the movie "saved", it pretty good and pokes fun at self righteous christians. Also, mckaulley caulkin is pretty good in it.[/QUOTE]

It's good stuff. :cool:

[quote name='E-Z-B']Yeah, it's a shame that my religion's been hijacked by fanatics[/QUOTE]

It happens in most religions... Though I've yet to be accosted by a Taoist! :D

[quote name='1modernboy']Excellent film! Even Mandy Moore's performance is palatable.[/QUOTE]

Palatable is a very good word to describe Mandy Moore. =P~

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Palatable is a very good word to describe Mandy Moore. =P~[/QUOTE]

In the words fo Cleveland: "Oh,Quagmire, you're so nasty!"

Nice Pete & Pete sig BTW. :)

What about the threads created by the Christain bigots... or the anti-muslim bigots... or the anti-bigot bigots?

There are so many more names we could drag through the dirt because they don't agree with you. :roll:

In all actuallity, I think disagreeing with a babbling baffoon like you is a sign of wellbeing.

[quote name='camoor']This from Mr. "homeless exist for my amusement"

Jesus befriended and according to the bible was able to cure lepers - the homeless untouchables of his time.

What a great "christian", just like your "christian" friend George W.

As for homosexuals, whatever happened to "the good Samaritan", and "love the sinner, not the sin" (if indeed one does view it as a sin).

I think you're the one who has problems with the ideology of christianity, all I see from the left are people pointing out that extreme christians have perverted a beautiful idea and used the shield of "persecution paranoia" to divert the arguement away from their disgusting bigotry.[/QUOTE]

Well in his defense, Christianity, like many religions, has numerous inconsistincies within its teachings.

My favorite exploit is that I was baptized and confirmed lutheran but haven't been to church in years and at this point am pretty much atheistic. However, since God forgives everyone no matter what according to the Lutheran faith, then when I die, if I was wrong about the existence of God, I'll apologize, and BAM I'm in. All the benefits of heaven without the lifetime of service. Talk about an amazing loophole.

Edit- Just after I typed this I choked on my soda, maybe God's tellign me something?

[quote name='camoor']This from Mr. "homeless exist for my amusement"

Jesus befriended and according to the bible was able to cure lepers - the homeless untouchables of his time.[/quote]

And? This thread was made in response to the absurd anti-Christian view points on this forum. I don't recall ever legitimately espousing my views on religion on this forum.

[quote name='camoor'] As for homosexuals, whatever happened to "the good Samaritan", and "love the sinner, not the sin" (if indeed one does view it as a sin).[/quote]

I don't know. I fail to see how being opposed to special laws which elevate their status to a protected one, when they are in no need of such protection has anything to do with being a good samaritan.

[quote name='camoor']I think you're the one who has problems with the ideology of christianity, all I see from the left are people pointing out that extreme christians have perverted a beautiful idea and used the shield of "persecution paranoia" to divert the arguement away from their disgusting bigotry.[/QUOTE]

No in point of fact the people who have perverted something on this forum are the ones who are so upset whenever a Christian attempts to do anything or speak out.

Quite frankly I support the separation of Church and State. However, the anti-Christian bigot/extremists start screaming and yelling about the separation of Church and State being crossed the very moment that anyone of faith does anything in public.

I am confident that most of these people would like to see the military remove the chaplain's corp from the armed services so that a dying soldier would be unable to receive last rites because paying for that clergy member's services, in their opinion, crosses the line.

I have no problem calling out when the line has been crossed, but the people on this forum take it to an extreme and incorrect conclusion and don't understand what the separation of church and state legitimately means.

[quote name='CTLesq']And? This thread was made in response to the absurd anti-Christian view points on this forum. I don't recall ever legitimately espousing my views on religion on this forum.

I don't know. I fail to see how being opposed to special laws which elevate their status to a protected one, when they are in no need of such protection has anything to do with being a good samaritan.

No in point of fact the people who have perverted something on this forum are the ones who are so upset whenever a Christian attempts to do anything or speak out.

Quite frankly I support the separation of Church and State. However, the anti-Christian bigot/extremists start screaming and yelling about the separation of Church and State being crossed the very moment that anyone of faith does anything in public.[/quote]

I don't see any complaints of religious people holding public office, the complaints come when people to use public office to show off their religion.

I am confident that most of these people would like to see the military remove the chaplain's corp from the armed services so that a dying soldier would be unable to receive last rites because paying for that clergy member's services, in their opinion, crosses the line.

I think I'm a strong supporter of relious leaders in the army than you are. After all, you just support christians (and possibly some other major religious groups, not sure of your view on hindu, muslim, buddhist etc. chaplains), while I support having them there for any religious group that is in the army. If a person of a particular faith is in the army, they should have a chaplain there for them.

[quote name='CTLesq']
I don't know. I fail to see how being opposed to special laws which elevate [gay people's] status to a protected one, when they are in no need of such protection has anything to do with being a good samaritan.

[/QUOTE]

Well CTL, I wasn't talking about marriage rights for homosexuals here, I was talking about your little "red state" moment in the OP:

Hoping that one day these bigots realize that persecuting people for thier religious beliefs is just as wrong as someone making an inappropriate racial or
gender comment.*
CTL
* And no, that does not include sexual orientation.

And FYI, I think having chaplains in the military is a great idea. I even enjoy watching reruns of M*A*S*H :D

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I don't see any complaints of religious people holding public office, the complaints come when people to use public office to show off their religion.[/QUOTE]

So you wan't officials to "stay in the closet" about their religion? Like it means nothing to them?

[quote name='dmpolska']So you wan't officials to "stay in the closet" about their religion? Like it means nothing to them?[/QUOTE]

Do you like misinterpreting things? You do it so often it must be intentional.

There's a difference between being religious, and going out of your way to incorporate religious leaders and religious institutions into government, that's what is often done.

I love how whenever a right-wing extremist Christian can't win an argument, they more or less just start shouting, "Well.... YOU'RE ANTI-CHRISTIAN!" It's pretty handy, I guess, when you've got no logical basis for any of your political beliefs.

[quote name='evilmregg']I love how whenever a right-wing extremist Christian can't win an argument, they more or less just start shouting, "Well.... YOU'RE ANTI-CHRISTIAN!" It's pretty handy, I guess, when you've got no logical basis for any of your political beliefs.[/QUOTE]

You could have left out "political" ... ;)

bread's done
Back