Some Katamari stuff I need help with.

ohram

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
Recently got a package in the mail. Hurray for me yadda yadda yadda. Inside this package I found Katamari Forever for the PS3. I was expecting that. Won it in a Namco contest a few months ago. What I wasn't expecting was what else came with the game.

A small foldable lunch box with The Prince and a few of his cousins running around a field full of random shapes of items from the game, and a Noby Noby Boy in the corner. The box is white and all of the images are pink. It comes with instructions on how to set it up, but it's all in Japanese.

Also in this package came a card that was a bit larger than a poker card featuring the King of the Cosmos sitting on a large wheel with the Queen of the Cosmos over an ocean filled with The Prince and his cousins drifting along small objects, with a volcano erupting the background. It's one of those images where if you move the scenery will change slightly. I'll try to get a picture in a bit but my good camera isn't working right now.

Does anyone have any information about these things? I found a lunch box on ebay that's pretty much the same as mine except all the images are blue instead of pink. That's about all I could find though.

Some webcam images.

Here's the card. If this was a video you would see them swinging back and forth.

2010011177179.jpg

The foldable lunchbox. It's pretty small.

2010011177167.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I can't really help you, but I have to say I'm insanely jealous.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Getting the game for free, plus some rare swag you didn't expect? You lucky bastard! I'd probably keep em and enjoy em. If you tried selling em, you run the risk of getting lowballed without knowing.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Agreed. Getting the game for free, plus some rare swag you didn't expect? You lucky bastard! I'd probably keep em and enjoy em. If you tried selling em, you run the risk of getting lowballed without knowing.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on keeping them unless I got some great offer or needed to sell them, just wondering if these things were given out at different times or they have special meaning to the company itself. I've always been a fan of Katamari so I'm thrilled these things showed up. Thanks for responding.

Sure, I can help.

The 'lunchbox' isn't a lunchbox. It's a sandwich box. AFAIK they were distributed in pink and blue as a pre-order bonus for Katamari Tribute in Japan. They appear pretty regularly on eBay and YAJ and have an approximate value of $30 USD.

The lenticular card is a promo item. As stated these were given out at PAX as well as mailed to journos. Approximate value of $20 USD.

Could you tell us more about the sandwich box? I've been considering snagging one but I think it will just end up thrown on the pile of junk. What are it's dimensions?

ive seen them on ebay every now and then. they're probably promotional items they gave away awhile back and those that were sent to you were left overs. great haul though.

bread's done
Back