Some not-so-rare RPGs on Amazon!

[quote name='wakkoviper']Are the ones shown originals? Like final fantasy 8? It would suck if they shipped a GH.[/quote]

They'll most likely ship GH and say SQUARE ENIX instead of SQUARESOFT. At least the ones I bought from Walmart were. I highly doubt they would ship original black labeled ones; but who knows.

unfortunately $19.99 for a PS1 GH game is retail price, no deal whatsoever. Those games are always in stock on amazon, and not rare.

Sadly those games were way over printed, while other games like FF7 were not printed enough times

Quote:
Originally Posted by expane View Original
while other games like FF7 were not printed enough times

you're joking right?

No kidding. I really don't know why people pay the prices they do on Ebay for FF7. Back in the day this game was EVERYWHERE. I had my copy from day one until I sold it for about what I bought it for, then a couple years later I saw it at Meijer and wanted to play it again. I found a whole stack of them at Meijer for $15. I thought that was a bit salty, but I picked it up anyway.

That's why I just sold a sealed copy of FF VII on ebay last week for $70.

Nice sell. Original or GH?

I can almost gaurantee these are GH titles. They never bothered to change the pictures when they get GH of many titles because to them they're all the same game. If they did change the picture it was only when the old picture didn't fit the site formating or the original pic got corrupted.

[quote name='Rags']Quote:
Originally Posted by expane View Original
while other games like FF7 were not printed enough times

you're joking right?

No kidding. I really don't know why people pay the prices they do on Ebay for FF7. Back in the day this game was EVERYWHERE. I had my copy from day one until I sold it for about what I bought it for, then a couple years later I saw it at Meijer and wanted to play it again. I found a whole stack of them at Meijer for $15. I thought that was a bit salty, but I picked it up anyway.[/QUOTE]

Of course I am not kidding. FF7 had a few reprints, but obviously not enough.

FACT: FF7 can not be found new at $19.99 anywhere

Xenogears, FF8, 9, Anth, Chron can be found EVERYWHERE for $19.99 or less.

FF7 is not *rare* but is not avail retail.

That said this post does not contain any deals, and should be moved to a diff forum is all

[quote name='expane']Of course I am not kidding. FF7 had a few reprints, but obviously not enough.

FACT: FF7 can not be found new at $19.99 anywhere

Xenogears, FF8, 9, Anth, Chron can be found EVERYWHERE for $19.99 or less.

FF7 is not *rare* but is not avail retail.

That said this post does not contain any deals, and should be moved to a diff forum is all[/QUOTE]

FF7 had enough reprints. It was available EVERYWHERE until advent children hype. Then everyone was interested in playing it again so it is sold out. It's only "rare" now because no one is putting back their used copies on the market.

[quote name='OtherAdam']FF7 had enough reprints. It was available EVERYWHERE until advent children hype. Then everyone was interested in playing it again so it is sold out. It's only "rare" now because no one is putting back their used copies on the market.[/QUOTE]

We all know that people are hoarding FF7

that doesnt change the fact that you can not find it new at retail for 19.99

whereas all these other games are 19.99 or cheaper...

[quote name='62t']The GH chrono cross has extra song in the ending thats not in the orginal.[/quote]

I didn't know that. Guess I'll keep both the GH and the orig one.

[quote name='E-Z-B']That's why I just sold a sealed copy of FF VII on ebay last week for $70. :)[/quote]you could have gotten well over $100 a month or two earlier. prices dropped a lot when people heard about ff7 for ps3

My local TRU still had a 20 or 30 copies of FF VII green tagged for $9.95 before Christmas. I was waiting for it to get down to $5 before I got one, but then the store went out of business and they all sold (probably to one guy) when the prices hit 30% off. I also saw stacks of this game at every other TRU in town, at Wal-Mart, and all the video game stores. I'd say it's TEMPORARILY rare as it was common as dirt for years and will be again as soon as the hype dies down, which may take another year or so since there's a FF VII spinoff game coming out that will create even more buzz. But 5 years down the line, this will not be a $70 game. You can quote me on that. Go ahead and mark your calendars to bump this thread in 5 years. :p

[quote name='expane']We all know that people are hoarding FF7

that doesnt change the fact that you can not find it new at retail for 19.99

whereas all these other games are 19.99 or cheaper...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can't find it new retail for $19.99 but I sure can.

Chrono Cross is worth $20 if you haven't played it. Yeah, it's only a PSX game but the graphics (if you are into graphics) are some of the best you'll see on that system. What this game has is a great atmosphere - graphics, sound, music, etc.

[quote name='Blitz']Maybe you can't find it new retail for $19.99 but I sure can.[/quote]

Where can you find FF7 for $20? Please let us know.

[quote name='wageslave']Chrono Cross is worth $20 if you haven't played it. Yeah, it's only a PSX game but the graphics (if you are into graphics) are some of the best you'll see on that system. What this game has is a great atmosphere - graphics, sound, music, etc.[/quote]

Just got it for $15 from Buy.com. I love Chrono Trigger, the soundtrack was memorable, hopefully this game is better.

[quote name='Blitz']Maybe you can't find it new retail for $19.99 but I sure can.[/QUOTE]

Well la dee da? want a cookie?

[quote name='Blitz']Maybe you can't find it new retail for $19.99 but I sure can.[/quote]

You're talking about the GH one, right?

[quote name='banpeikun']you could have gotten well over $100 a month or two earlier. prices dropped a lot when people heard about ff7 for ps3[/quote]Then those people are suckers, as nothing's been confirmed about a remake (yet. There's still the off chance that Squeenix'll actually make it).

I expect any recent price drop on FF7 would be due to Sony's plans to make the original game available for the PSP (via an emulation service).

[quote name='blueshinra']Then those people are suckers, as nothing's been confirmed about a remake (yet. There's still the off chance that Squeenix'll actually make it).[/quote]

That's true, Only Demo FF7 for PS3 was revealed in E3 earlier this year.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614692p1.html

"....We received word as soon as our boys made it back that Square Enix wanted to make it clear that there will not be a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS3. Repeat, there will not be a remake. But, there will be a new Final Fantasy game for the system somewhere down the line. We'll have info on that as it happens...." :cry:

Your icon reminds me of Front Mission 4, I am playing that right now, going kinda slow, hope it gets better soon. :roll:

[quote name='blueshinra']Then those people are suckers, as nothing's been confirmed about a remake (yet. There's still the off chance that Squeenix'll actually make it).[/QUOTE]

It's true that there's no evidence that a FFVII remake is currently in development, but there's more than an off chance that a remake will happen at some point. I'd say that it's more likely than not. Square knows that there's a market for a remake, and Advent Children, the FFVII mobile game, and the upcoming PS2 spinoff demonstrate that Square is not squeamish about revisiting FFVII.

if you ask the dimwits at gamestop, they will INSISIT there is a remake...

I went to a GS that had the FF7 listed in stock, then the guy tells me "oh you cant trust that stuff, we actually dont update our inventory, you know that would require someone looking through the games and seeing what we really have in stock"...

at that point Im like well what is it that you actually *do* again?

Then he goes on and on about how FF7 has been confirmed as a remake for PS3..

Im like 'ORLY? Where did you see that"

"Oh its official"

another BS line from a clerkmonkey

Well, I'll gladly sell you my copy for $150. :D

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']I'd pay $150 for FF8, god that game ****ing rocked, HARD![/QUOTE]

how long was it between FF1 or even FF6(FF3 SNES) and the FF remakes for the PS1, You'd have to wait at LEAST that long and even then you have to take into effect thet there are devices right now that could play the game in it's original form like the PSP and DS for another 5-10 years before they have no choice but to remake it. If anything maybe you'll get remade cinema for it but it'll still be the same legoland characters ingame.

If it ever happens it wont be anytime soon.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']is there any difference between the originals and GH games aside from collectibility or trivial features?[/QUOTE]

99% of the difference is really about price on eBay

Other than Chrono Cross the only thing I can think of is demo discs included in originals, or special editions that did not get re-released as GH

the difference between ff3 on final fantasy anthology and ff3 for snes is enormous. Same for chrono trigger, the games have horrible loading times that make the game nearly unplayable. Just get the snes versions if at all possible

[quote name='dracula']the difference between ff3 on final fantasy anthology and ff3 for snes is enormous. Same for chrono trigger, the games have horrible loading times that make the game nearly unplayable. Just get the snes versions if at all possible[/QUOTE]

ROLF that isnt a GH vs non GH

haha well I played chrono trigger when it first came out on the SNES. I probably still have it somewhere. I should go look for my SNES rpgs at home and ebay them or play them again or something.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']Anyone know how to fix the links? -_-;[/quote]

What links? The links in the first post are fine...:roll:

Sorry to bump this, but I just received a game and noticed strange shrinkwrap on it. It seems to be a combination of the folded wrap and the softer GBA style sealing, not like the old PS1 folded hard shrinkwrap.

Anybody know why they are sealed differently?

bread's done
Back