some really nice gamefly drops

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
hey guys, I noticed some pretty worthwhile pricedrops on gamefly recently.

namely...

Assassin's Creed 360/PS3 $18.99
Devil may cry 4 360/PS3 $29.99
Burnout Paradise 360/PS3 $27.99/$29.99

Bioshock $24.99
Overlord, Stranglehold, Timeshift , Circle of Doom, Jericho $14.99
Simpsons, Area 51 $19.99

PS3
Ratchet and Clank TOD, Drakes Fortune $29.99
Unreal Tourney, Lair $19.99

DS
Life Signs $13.99
Assassin's Creed $14.99

Wii
Harvey Birdman and Manhunt $14.99
Nitrobike $9.99

There are others too. This is just what sort of caught my fancy. give it a look. Free shipping for members... free shipping on select titles for non members.

Just picked up KuF -> I heard it is OK, but for $15.00, I'll take a chance.

I also saw that I got free shipping with this purchase (not that I am complaining :)). Did all the games have free shipping?

->Ryu

[quote name='Ryu4096']Just picked up KuF -> I heard it is OK, but for $15.00, I'll take a chance.

I also saw that I got free shipping with this purchase (not that I am complaining :)). Did all the games have free shipping?

->Ryu[/quote]

Yep.

[quote name='PleasantOne']Sweet! In for KuF - THANK YOU! OP :)

Debating over Timeshift and/or Stranglehold. I heard most people dis Timeshift? But the idea sounded intriguing to me...[/quote]

Same here; I heard so-so stuff about Timeshift, but it seems like a decent enough premise for $15 shipped.

Im sorry OP, but I hate you right now... well, my wallet hates you. I just bought 4 PS3 games I have been waiting on to go on sale...

DMC4, Uncharted, AC, and UT...

Crap...

Does anyone have a $5 off coupon they can give me, I can give it back to you next month, I used the one I had and I want to get a game but don't want to wait until next month to get my code.

Damn, I really don't need to spend anymore money until later in the month but I think I'm just going to breakdown and get UT3 PS3. Funny thing is that I only own one PS3 game and I bought it this weekend which is Ratchet & Clank Future:ToD. So, this will probably make two.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']What's the condition of most games from this service? Anyone have any complaints or are items really as described: "Pre-inspected" and "Original Case and Manual in new condition."[/QUOTE]

I have yet to buy a game from GF that was even playable. The case and manual might be in perfect condition but it does not let you play the game. At least they refunded my money. For me t is not worth the hassle, but others seem to have good luck.

Awesome price for Assassin's Creed.

The condition of the games is very rarely great (unless the game is fairly new), but they generally work just fine. I have rented or bought about 25 games or so from GF and have yet to have one issue with the discs not working.

Picked up a copy of Timeshift - $15 was my breaking point. Besides, I'm thirsting for another shooter to play. Even if it is pretty mediocre.

From my experience, GF is pretty reputable about broken/unplayable discs. Just e-mail them after you receive a damaged game. They're pretty responsible about that sort of thing.

TimeShift is calling me...as soon as I score another one of those $5 GF Bucks I'm in.

EDIT: Score, I reached LVL 3 rewards, 10% and another $5 GF bucks...after discount, tax, and coupon = $9.15

[quote name='devildr1ver']dont know if this has been mentioned but UTIII is going for $17.99 (not sure if its member only or open to everybody[/quote]
20 for me plus tax. with the 5 dollar coupon im still in for 1. Id like it on 360 but no mods is a deal breaker.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']
Assassin's Creed 360 $18.99
Devil may cry 4 360 $29.99

Stranglehold $14.99

PS3
Ratchet and Clank TOD, Drakes Fortune $29.99
[/quote]

God i want to get them all, what the hell. How is the quality of the games when they come, anyone have any problems?

great price on Dynasty Warriors 6 !! but I already have the game.

Also I never shop from gamefly. Does every game you order from them come complete and good condition atleast?

since I am thinking about ordering some ps3 games :)

[quote name='endlessPRO']great price on Dynasty Warriors 6 !! but I already have the game.

Also I never shop from gamefly. Does every game you order from them come complete and good condition atleast?

since I am thinking about ordering some ps3 games :)[/quote]

Yes they come complete and generally in great condition.

[quote name='Teqonix']Picked up a copy of Timeshift - $15 was my breaking point. Besides, I'm thirsting for another shooter to play. Even if it is pretty mediocre.[/QUOTE]

Any chance it has co-op?

if you're buying for collector value the discs may have scratches but i've never encountered anything unplayable. i've only bought DS games from them (contra 4 and contact) but those were in perfect condition.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']do u have to be a member to buy games off there or how does it work?[/quote]

No, you don't have to be a member but you'll have to pay shipping whereas members get free shipping.

ok thanks how much does shipping run? and how come once i add something to my cart i cant go back and add more items it just takes me to the screen to buy it?

I think it's about $3 a game. just a heads up when they do these sales they eventually have free shipping on select titles. at least that's what they've done in the past.

Most of you guys are lucky.
Everytime I buy a disc based game it has massive amounts of scratches on it. A few times they have been unplayable but GF is very nice about accepting returns and refunding your money.

PSP games always have split umd cartridges and I refuse to try my luck any more with them.

The only games I will buy from them anymore are DS games since they come pretty much mint every time. It's hard to mess up a DS cartridge I guess.

So just be aware that your game will most likely come with scratches on it, unless its a game everyone hates and no one rents. The case and manual will be mint though.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']will i get free shipping if i sign up for the trial offer?[/QUOTE]

think you have to be a paying member for free shipping

wow noodle pirate's comments are scaring me off from buying used games from here, but on the other hand i wanna know what other peoples experiences have been like, and should i order from here or from gamestop.com

[quote name='slidecage']think you have to be a paying member for free shipping[/quote]

I'm not an active member and I got free shipping on Uncharted (But I think that's part of a special offer now). Damn, $30 is a steal for that game. Played through it once and beat it, then sold it. I was sorry I did. What a fun game!

[quote name='bigscoot4269']wow noodle pirate's comments are scaring me off from buying used games from here, but on the other hand i wanna know what other peoples experiences have been like, and should i order from here or from gamestop.com[/quote]

The problem with Gamestop is you never know if you'll get the manual or the actual real case. At least with Gamefly, you'll get both of them.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']wow noodle pirate's comments are scaring me off from buying used games from here, but on the other hand i wanna know what other peoples experiences have been like, and should i order from here or from gamestop.com[/quote]

For the love of all that is holy, never EVER order used games from Gamestop.com - chances are you'll get the game in horrid condition, and it won't include a case or instructions. Buying new games is fine from their site, but I will never purchased used games from them again online.

My purchases from Gamefly, however, have gone without a hitch. Cases and instructions are always in perfect shape, and while games sometimes do have scratches on them - I haven't had one yet that was unplayable. So I wouldn't be too worried.

I have yet to get a game in bad shape from Gamefly. Maybe I am just lucky but every game I have ordered has been in really nice condition. I am in for overlord, timeshift and bioshock.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I'll wait for DMC to drop to $20[/QUOTE]

I picked up Uncharted but I am also waiting for DMC4 to drop just a tad bit more.

I wouldn't mind grabbing DMC for that price, but I'll wait until I can get some more Gamefly dollars credited to my account. Gamefly really is an awesome service.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']wow noodle pirate's comments are scaring me off from buying used games from here, but on the other hand i wanna know what other peoples experiences have been like, and should i order from here or from gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

I was a member for a couple of years, and I never got a bad disc. Not when I rented, not when I kept, not when I straight bought.

Buy with confidence.

I've never had a problem.

bread's done
Back