some really nice gamefly drops

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
hey guys, I noticed some pretty worthwhile pricedrops on gamefly recently.

namely...

Assassin's Creed 360/PS3 $18.99
Devil may cry 4 360/PS3 $29.99
Burnout Paradise 360/PS3 $27.99/$29.99

Bioshock $24.99
Overlord, Stranglehold, Timeshift , Circle of Doom, Jericho $14.99
Simpsons, Area 51 $19.99

PS3
Ratchet and Clank TOD, Drakes Fortune $29.99
Unreal Tourney, Lair $19.99

DS
Life Signs $13.99
Assassin's Creed $14.99

Wii
Harvey Birdman and Manhunt $14.99
Nitrobike $9.99

There are others too. This is just what sort of caught my fancy. give it a look. Free shipping for members... free shipping on select titles for non members.

[quote name='Capn Stabby']So I bought KUF:COD (I liked the Demo) by using the Keep It function since I already rented it.
I emailed them asking what I should do with the sleeve, etc, they said just toss it.

I toss it and a few days later go to play KUF. No disc.
Wonder where the game disc went...

............................[/quote]

LOL you should call customer service and tell them that the service representative told you to throw the sleeve away but neglected to tell you to take the game disc out first. Who knows maybe they'll have a laugh and send you another disc.

[quote name='Nikadimas']LOL you should call customer service and tell them that the service representative told you to throw the sleeve away but neglected to tell you to take the game disc out first. Who knows maybe they'll have a laugh and send you another disc.[/quote]

Hahaha, if I do that, I'll end up on consumerist or some thread on here in one of those Dumbest Customer Threads.

As for not feeling the weight of the game in the sleeve, I think I assumed it was that stupid cardboard sleeve since I grabbed the envelope and all that and threw it out at once.

Fail.

Do they ship from California? I live in buffalo, Ny ordered Unreal Tournament 3 Last sunday got shipping confirmation and It hasn't showed up yet.

[quote name='Capn Stabby']Hahaha, if I do that, I'll end up on consumerist or some thread on here in one of those Dumbest Customer Threads.

As for not feeling the weight of the game in the sleeve, I think I assumed it was that stupid cardboard sleeve since I grabbed the envelope and all that and threw it out at once.

Fail.[/QUOTE]

They haven't had the cardboard sleeves in awhile. :|

I kind of want UT3 but I heard not a lot of people are playing it anymore. Can this be confirmed or not by someone?

Uncharted is a truly great game. It's more than worth that price. I've beaten it and still enjoy playing the more difficult levels. I'd recommend picking it up.

[quote name='solidrock']They haven't had the cardboard sleeves in awhile. :|[/quote]

I just got one in a cardboard sleeve yesterday.

[quote name='Samstag']I just got one in a cardboard sleeve yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I guess they are bringing them back? They phased those out almost a year ago and I haven't received one since.

[quote name='Samstag']I just got one in a cardboard sleeve yesterday.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind.. what game exactly did you receive in a cardboard sleeve?

[quote name='solidrock']I guess they are bringing them back? They phased those out almost a year ago and I haven't received one since.[/quote]

All of mine do.

[quote name='solidrock']I kind of want UT3 but I heard not a lot of people are playing it anymore. Can this be confirmed or not by someone?[/quote]

I was very psyched out about it, because articles I read kept hyping it up saying that mods increase the longevity of the game and make players keep playing.

Rented it recently and found that very few people are playing and they're almost all playing just regular games with no mods. Also, because of bots players are very spread out. Several Death Match games up, but each with like only 2 people playing. Overall, I was very disappointed. But, if you don't bots mixed with people then it could be fun.

i rented overlord with the intent on buying it, but it was really scratched, seemed to play good, but i figured id go to gamestop and pick it up. Today i should reciece KUF COD hopefully it looks nice. All my other games i have gotten have been really nice.

[quote name='averageguy']Do they ship from California? I live in buffalo, Ny ordered Unreal Tournament 3 Last sunday got shipping confirmation and It hasn't showed up yet.[/quote]
For us East Coasters, they usually ship from Pittsburgh.

[quote name='(psp)snake']so how is this site? are the games rlly in new condition or thats just bs[/quote]

If you read through some of the pages, you'll find that the games are usually in great condition, and if they aren't, they were resurfaced. Case, manual were in new condition because they were never used.

As for which games I received with Cardboard, they were all 360 games like NFS: Carbon, Kingdom Under Fire, etc.

[quote name='SpitFire158']I get mine shipped from Tampa since i live in FL :D[/quote]

I get mine from Tampa as well and get a cardboard sleeve with all the games.

I just got the last piece of my order. I bought ..

Kingdom Under Fire 360
Unreal Tournament III PS3
Devil May Cry PS3
Ratchet and Clank PS3

I already had Devil May Cry rented so I knew that one was in perfect condition but I also lucked out on all the other games as well. Not a single scratch on any of the discs. I have had some bad luck with 360 games that I rented in the past from GF so I was a little worried about KUF but not a scuff on it anywhere.

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']If you don't mind.. what game exactly did you receive in a cardboard sleeve?[/quote]

It was Overlord. I get my games from the California center and everything has been in cardboard since late last year.

[quote name='SpitFire158']i got my game in the actual case and no cardboard was included[/quote]

The cardboard is for game rentals, not for purchases. Purchases are in the actual case.

Everyone who got UT3 in this sale (myself included) should set up some games. That would alleviate the worries of having no one to play with.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']The cardboard is for game rentals, not for purchases. Purchases are in the actual case.[/quote]

Oh ok. They been sending me a cardboard sleeve for every game i rented from them

Ordered Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for $29.99. Great deal, and if I end up with what I expect to end up with I will be giving GameFly a lot of business. I love that blu-rays barely scratch, it makes buying used PS3 games so much better an option.

I'm eying Assassin's Creed, Unreal Tournament III, and Devil May Cry 4 now.

[quote name='averageguy']well been almost 1 week and no luck for my game I tried emailing them about it but no luck seeing as its memorial day weekend.[/QUOTE]

It took about exactly a week for me to receive my game. Just be patient.

[quote name='averageguy']well been almost 1 week and no luck for my game I tried emailing them about it but no luck seeing as its memorial day weekend.[/quote]

Give it a few more days.
I ordered a game and it took 8 days to get here, and
the center it was mailed from is less than 70 miles from my home.

[quote name='averageguy']well been almost 1 week and no luck for my game I tried emailing them about it but no luck seeing as its memorial day weekend.[/quote]

Most of the time it depends on the place you live in varies the time it will arrive. Come on be patient they gave u cheap price+ free shipping don't be so hasty. Relax:drool::cool::lol::applause:;).

DMC4(PS3) has dropped to $26.99 down from $29.99. I contacted gamefly and I hope they will give me some store credit for the difference since I purchased the game ~8 days ago.

[quote name='Rozz']Well, here's two points to keep in mind:

1. The game sold extremely well.

2. EGM, who gave it mediocre scores, got into some beef over Ubisoft over this. So, perhaps you can conclude that the higher rankings were paid off or encouraged by Ubisoft not to rate it low.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention UbiTrash had an embargo but only allowed AAA review scores to be posted before the game was actually released.

[quote name='DongHungLong']DMC4(PS3) has dropped to $26.99 down from $29.99. I contacted gamefly and I hope they will give me some store credit for the difference since I purchased the game ~8 days ago.[/QUOTE]

They wont give it to you... I tried the same thing with Burnout because the price dropped 2 days after I bought it and I got an e mail saying "We are sorry, but our prices constantly change"

This deal is amazing, I jumped on AC so fast it wasn't even funny. I really want to get UT3 too, but I'm really hesitant since I'd rather have it on the 360.

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']This deal is amazing, I jumped on AC so fast it wasn't even funny. I really want to get UT3 too, but I'm really hesitant since I'd rather have it on the 360.[/quote]

I felt the same way but the fact that the 360 wont have mod support is unforgiveable. The mods for the ps3 version are amazing and are just getting better.

I've been wanting Bioshock for so long now, and its actually at a price I want to pay for it. I'm not waiting any longer. I know if I don't go for it tonight that it'll be gone tomorrow.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I've been wanting Bioshock for so long now, and its actually at a price I want to pay for it. I'm not waiting any longer. I know if I don't go for it tonight that it'll be gone tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
If you haven't played it yet, you should probably wait for the PS3 version. It's supposed to have extra content.

picked up lair for 19.99 since I was unable to snag with target clearance. I figured I would give the new analog controls a try.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I bought it earlier. I didn't know anything about a PS3 version. Oh well, maybe there will be DC on Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

well even when it comes out, you can bet it will be $60. Then you will have to wait another year before it reaches a price like this. You would probably be looking at Fall 2009 before it reached a price this low.

Just got my 360 copy of Assassin's Creed and it's pretty beat up. Couple that with the fact that the copy of KUF:COD I got earlier had a thick layer of yellowish crusty gunk on both sides of the disc (that took quite a while to scrub off) and I think I'm done ordering from Gamefly.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Just got my 360 copy of Assassin's Creed and it's pretty beat up. Couple that with the fact that the copy of KUF:COD I got earlier had a thick layer of yellowish crusty gunk on both sides of the disc (that took quite a while to scrub off) and I think I'm done ordering from Gamefly.[/quote]

just email them and tell them, they have excellent customer service

[quote name='buckythekat']just email them and tell them, they have excellent customer service[/QUOTE]

My KUF looked like it had been put through a gamedoctor. Sorry bro, gamefly is on the decline.

bread's done
Back