some really nice gamefly drops

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
hey guys, I noticed some pretty worthwhile pricedrops on gamefly recently.

namely...

Assassin's Creed 360/PS3 $18.99
Devil may cry 4 360/PS3 $29.99
Burnout Paradise 360/PS3 $27.99/$29.99

Bioshock $24.99
Overlord, Stranglehold, Timeshift , Circle of Doom, Jericho $14.99
Simpsons, Area 51 $19.99

PS3
Ratchet and Clank TOD, Drakes Fortune $29.99
Unreal Tourney, Lair $19.99

DS
Life Signs $13.99
Assassin's Creed $14.99

Wii
Harvey Birdman and Manhunt $14.99
Nitrobike $9.99

There are others too. This is just what sort of caught my fancy. give it a look. Free shipping for members... free shipping on select titles for non members.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']they took uncharted off the site anyone know why? im guessing its out of stock but they should put it back soon right?[/quote]

Usually once its gone its gone for quite a while.

I think I am going to buy The Club. I played the demo and demolished it. On Insane difficulty, I scored 5.5 million. :eek:

[quote name='bigscoot4269']they took uncharted off the site anyone know why? im guessing its out of stock but they should put it back soon right?[/quote]

Thats why I made that post the other day about not waiting another day to buy Bioshock. I knew if it didn't that it would be taken off when I decided to bite. Luckily it didn't happen to me, but it did to you. It will probably be a long time before Uncharted makes it back on there, but you can sign up to have an email sent to you when it comes back to the store again.

[quote name='JCDenton']My KUF looked like it had been put through a gamedoctor. Sorry bro, gamefly is on the decline.[/quote]

What the fuck does that have to do with their customer service?

[quote name='JCDenton']My KUF looked like it had been put through a gamedoctor. Sorry bro, gamefly is on the decline.[/quote]

Er...they rent the games out. They can't be responsible for what idiotic people do. All that they guarantee is that the games will work. And if they don't, they are usually pretty good about making good. I don't see how GameFly is on the decline.

Got my copy of Uncharted yesterday. First time using Gamefly. Color me impressed. The disc was in perfect shape. No finger prints, smudges, anything at all. If you had told me my copy was brand new just not sealed I would be inclined to believe you.

Shipping was super fast too. I ordered my copy Friday night. They shipped it Saturday and I got it Tuesday.

I thought they were pretty upfront that games are resurfaced when necessary.

[quote name='wildnuts02']didn't read the whole thread but looks like Uncharted is $35...which it was $30.[/QUOTE]

It sold out at $30 and now it's back at $35.

DMC4 used to be $30 and now it's $27.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Er...they rent the games out. They can't be responsible for what idiotic people do. All that they guarantee is that the games will work. And if they don't, they are usually pretty good about making good. I don't see how GameFly is on the decline.[/QUOTE]

gamefly also now takes in used games from certain customers ( beta test)

i probally sent them around 15 games i got dirt cheap and got enough credit to pay for a year of free gamefly

so the shape of disc might start to fall off

[quote name='I Am Legend']Got my copy of Uncharted yesterday. First time using Gamefly. Color me impressed. The disc was in perfect shape. No finger prints, smudges, anything at all. If you had told me my copy was brand new just not sealed I would be inclined to believe you.

Shipping was super fast too. I ordered my copy Friday night. They shipped it Saturday and I got it Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

You can thank bluray for that one. Bluray discs seem to be pretty much bomb proof. I've even tried scratching that sampler disc that came with the PS3, and it was no easy task. :D

[quote name='slidecage']gamefly also now takes in used games from certain customers ( beta test)

i probally sent them around 15 games i got dirt cheap and got enough credit to pay for a year of free gamefly

so the shape of disc might start to fall off[/quote]

I think we all know about the trade-in program, by now. They have been testing that for quite some time.

Anyway, the condition of discs has always been a toss-up when buying from GameFly. Some of the games I get from them are torn up...some are in great condition. Not much they can do besides making good on their guarantee that you will get a game that works.

Anyway, the condition of discs has always been a toss-up when buying from GameFly. Some of the games I get from them are torn up...some are in great condition. Not much they can do besides making good on their guarantee that you will get a game that works.

Pretty much. At the end of the day, it is a rental company. Always going to be a careless borrower from time to time, esp if renting a game for kids usage.

Personally haven't had a bad one yet (including recent KUF buy) so until I get an old beater like a gamestop copy, they still good with me. Can understand the others not being pleased though (esp one with the yellow crud on the disc, def call service for that mess)

I've only rented PS3 games from gamefly and one or two 360 games, they've all been in great cond. The PS3 discs are always mint, awesome disc protection!

they took uncharted off again any idea if it will come back even cheaper than 29.99? i missed out on ordering for 29.99, but will order for that price if it comes back. didnt wanna order for 34.99 and not get free shipping and also pay tax.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']they took uncharted off again any idea if it will come back even cheaper than 29.99? i missed out on ordering for 29.99, but will order for that price if it comes back. didnt wanna order for 34.99 and not get free shipping and also pay tax.[/QUOTE]

The games come and go. Just always keep an eye out and check daily because the store is always changing and the prices as well. It will be back at some time, so don't worry.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']cool thanks and how do i go about getting an update from them when a game comes back in stock?[/QUOTE]

If you want to know, Uncharted is back up there for you. I don't really know about the update thing. Check out the FAQ/Help area and see.

Ya, got the $5 off coupon as well, and they are giving me one whole week to spend it or not. Since Burnout Paradise went to $40 new, it be awesome if they lowered their used price of it this week, lol. I got Ass Creed for PS3 from them, and it's freezed several times mid-game since I got it (even after cleaning). I signed up on the trial ($9 for 1st month), and I haven't been happy at all. The closest building they have to me is in Pittsburgh (I live in IL, lol), so the time frame between me receiving the game, heck let's say I send it back the next day, and then waiting for another. That has taken at least 5-7 days.

I actually also recently bought UT3 (Which it's been a business week and still no game, like the 5-7 days I mentioned), but I also so happened to have UT3 on my Queue. It was down at No. 6 though, behind a couple of new releases, and others like Condemned 2. Well apparently not one of the 5 games ahead of UT3 were in, not one copy apparently, so they sent me UT3 anyway as a rental even though I had just bought it 2 days prior. I would think a business, let alone one of the more popular online game rental places would at least be able to look at the list, and go well he just bought it, maybe we should send the next most available? So it took me 5 days from my last rental to get UT3, I then send it back the next day, and now it's 5 more days before I get my next game.

I may be picky, but GameFly isn't something I'd recommend to anyone. The prices they have in store are usually good, but even at that, if you can find it somewhere else for say $5 bucks more, I'd likely go with that other place.

did you get the $5 off coupons through being a member for X amount of months? aren't those tied to your account or are they just general? or is it just like some e-mail promo they sent out?

[quote name='pat87']You can thank bluray for that one. Bluray discs seem to be pretty much bomb proof. I've even tried scratching that sampler disc that came with the PS3, and it was no easy task. :D[/QUOTE]

I got a rental from Netflix that had the label side partially scratched off. So they aren't quite indestructible.

if he hasn't use it.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Use this one-time coupon code:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]NMCJ6CF93GL7KWPF

it expires TODAY.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Corvin']I got a rental from Netflix that had the label side partially scratched off. So they aren't quite indestructible.[/quote]

Lol I would consider scratching a label off is different then scratching the actual disc to where playback is bad or wont work.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Does anyone know if the $5 coupons are stackable?[/quote]
Yes they are stackable. Sometimes I get lucky and my $5 coupons over lap for a couple days. I was able to stack.

I just bought GRID from them after I rented it for a day. Got it for $45 including the $5 I had for being a member for 3 months. Great condition as I suspect it was brand new!

The service is alright, however. I live upstate NY and it takes about 3-5 business days for a game to come after they say they shipped it. Haven't had a problem with a game yet...in fact most of them have been in perfect condition.

This was a good service to try out for a bit, but I need to cut back since I bought a few games new recently and there isn't much coming out that I want to rent.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Lol I would consider scratching a label off is different then scratching the actual disc to where playback is bad or wont work.[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that the data is closer to the label side due to the protective layers on the bottom.

[quote name='endlessPRO']if he hasn't use it.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Use this one-time coupon code:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]NMCJ6CF93GL7KWPF

it expires TODAY.
[/FONT]
[/quote]

I don't think it's transferrable.

[quote name='endlessPRO']what do you mean?[/quote]

meaning the $5 coupon won't trasfer/work for another account, I tried when I had two freebie accounts going and got the coupons for both. I couldn't use the coupon from one account to the other, so I just ended up buying two different games.

Looks like they lowered prices again:

Mass Effect - $19.99. Ditto for Burnout Paradise and DMC4, all for Xbox360. Assasin's Creed is now 17.99 for both the Xbox360 and PS3. Unreal Tournament III is 17.99 for PS3. DMC4 is 19.99 and Burnout Paradise is 27.99, both for PS3.

I used my new member, $5 buck off coupon, and got DMC4 for PS3 for $15.94. It's worth 900 pts. still on Goozex so I plan on putting it on there, getting my points, then waiting a while for my turn on MGS4 for 900 pts., and thus getting MGS4 for 15.94, lol.

Aww geez. Mass Effect for 19.99? And DMC 4? I'm suddenly in danger of buying both. I sort of wish I hadn't bought those 3200 MS points this week, since they're still sitting unopened. Perhaps I'll take them back and use the money for more games. I found, much to my chagrin, that there wasn't as much on XBLA that I wanted as I had originally believed.

If I sign up as a new member tonight for the 400 MS points deal, do members save any more money on GF Store titles? Or is it just free shipping?

How long did it take to get the new member $5 off coupon?

[quote name='TheGamingGuy']Looks like they lowered prices again:

Mass Effect - $19.99. Ditto for Burnout Paradise and DMC4, all for Xbox360. Assasin's Creed is now 17.99 for both the Xbox360 and PS3. Unreal Tournament III is 17.99 for PS3. DMC4 is 19.99 and Burnout Paradise is 27.99, both for PS3.

I used my new member, $5 buck off coupon, and got DMC4 for PS3 for $15.94. It's worth 900 pts. still on Goozex so I plan on putting it on there, getting my points, then waiting a while for my turn on MGS4 for 900 pts., and thus getting MGS4 for 15.94, lol.[/quote]

[quote name='allen9917']How long did it take to get the new member $5 off coupon?[/quote]

First one at three months of membership and then every three months thereafter.

[quote name='TheGamingGuy']Looks like they lowered prices again:

I used my new member, $5 buck off coupon, and got DMC4 for PS3 for $15.94. It's worth 900 pts. still on Goozex so I plan on putting it on there, getting my points, then waiting a while for my turn on MGS4 for 900 pts., and thus getting MGS4 for 15.94, lol.[/quote]

+shipping... Regardless that's a great deal. I think I'll get two, goozex one for NGII and keep the other, probably resell it later.

bread's done
Back