Some TARGET DVD PRICE CUTS- YMMV

FuzTurtle

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, went to TARGET today and saw some DVD price cuts that you might like to know.

Anime: TAG read price cut from 9/13-10/10
Full Metal Alchemist DISC 1 -$9.99 :hot:
Dragon Ball Z- Bojack Unbound -$7.50
Dragon Ball Z-Cell Games Sacrifice-$7.50
and some other Dragon Ball Z titles as well. all were marked as price cuts at 7.50

Movies and TV shows-Did not see the dates for these
T2-Extreme DVD down to $9.44
Scar Face-Anniversary Ed. $9.44
24- Season 1-$39.99
24- Season 2-$49.99
24- Season 3-$49.99

not sure if it's isolated, but I also saw these at my target

Temp Price Cut
$10
Aviator
Ghost in the Shell(not sure if it's the film or the tv show)
House of Flying Daggers
Stripes

(Regular Price Cut?)
$5.50
Fargo SE

I still refuse to buy the Region 1 USA release of "House Of Flying Daggers" due to the lame ass edits done to the film. Otherwise some decent markdowns.

[quote name='demomanTNA']I still refuse to buy the Region 1 USA release of "House Of Flying Daggers" due to the lame ass edits done to the film. Otherwise some decent markdowns.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen House of Flying Daggers yet. Maybe I'll borrow it from my friend who has the uncut version. From what I've read, the movie is just altered to remove some blood.

At least it doesn't seem like the movie is cut as badly as Kung Fu Hustle. I'm going to have to hunt down the uncut version of that movie if I want to buy it. First, I have to see it. I think my friend has the uncut version.

Would love to pick up House of Flying Daggers for that price. Guess I will have to check it out. Maybe ill get lucky.

FMA Disc 1 wasn't in the tin by chance, was it?

-AUGH, what? The Case Closed DVDs are _that_ cheap? They weren't when I looked! Holy crud, I need to get back there...

I didn't know about this being a specific thing when I stopped there a few days ago, but I did pick up GitS:SE, along with Volcano High (it SAYS it's uncut and has the original Korean version, and the rating's PG-13, mentioning nudity and such, which I'm sure wouldn't have aired on MTV) and the Futurama Monster Robot disc (heard Fox was lookin at the sales of that, and just felt like it). The Futurama disc and Volcano High both rang up at 9.99, but oddly the GitS:SE rang up at exactly 10.00.

[quote name='Kulock']FMA Disc 1 wasn't in the tin by chance, was it?

-AUGH, what? The Case Closed DVDs are _that_ cheap? They weren't when I looked! Holy crud, I need to get back there...

I didn't know about this being a specific thing when I stopped there a few days ago, but I did pick up GitS:SE, along with Volcano High (it SAYS it's uncut and has the original Korean version, and the rating's PG-13, mentioning nudity and such, which I'm sure wouldn't have aired on MTV) and the Futurama Monster Robot disc (heard Fox was lookin at the sales of that, and just felt like it). The Futurama disc and Volcano High both rang up at 9.99, but oddly the GitS:SE rang up at exactly 10.00.[/QUOTE]

Yup they sure we're _that cheap_ :p

I don't know why, but i had a hunch on their price and scanned them anyway and they came up 7.49. I might be the only one i know who loves this show, but my girlfreind calls it CSI Tokyo hehe.

I been watching Case Closed since I was little. Love that show. I think they are up to episode 400ish. The latest one I've seen is 363.

personally i think the american release DVDS are rip offs...3 episodes for 15.99 retail?

3 shorts for 7.49 would rule considering there is almost 400 episodes of this.

[quote name='suko_32']I don't think it'll get that far in America.[/QUOTE]

Of course not, because in America, all we like is stupid shallow shows like "desperate housewhores" and sex in the sh*tte

There were some other recent anime temporary price drops at Target (all Bandai).

Wolf's Rain (either volumes 3 and 4 or 4 and 5) - $8.88 each
some Gundam movie - $8.88

I'm sorry I can't be more specific - I'm going off memory, I didn't purchase any of the items. Is the Wolf's Rain series worth collecting and watching?

Gundam Wing movie Endless Waltz: 8.88
Cowboy Bebop vol. 6 8.88

Make sure to price check stuff though. FMA 1 was marked 19.99 here but scanned at 9.99.

I saw some Gundam anime for sale too, except it was F91 and SEED. I'd love to find endless waltz at that price though.

[quote name='Josef']Is the Wolf's Rain series worth collecting and watching?[/QUOTE]

YES. I was told by so many anime fans that it's the perfect introduction to anime, and they were right. It's a great anime series, and you should buy it for that price. Good deal.

...You might want to get Vol 1 first though. ;)

bread's done
Back