some Wii demo details at EB/GS

PanzerNinja

CAGiversary!
At lunch, a friend and I went into EB and kinda listened in while a Nintendo rep was replacing some DS demo units and talking with the EB clerk. The rep said that they were thinking of requiring someone to hand over a drivers license and/or a credit card if they wanted to demo the Wii. Anyone else hear this?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Ugh, more "I heard at EB.." rumors.[/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose it does sort of make sense, to prevent people from running off with Wiimotes. It's not like you can just tether them to the demo station....

Why can't they tether them to the station? As long as they give it a foot or two of length, you can still use them.

[quote name='gizmogc'] Sorry women, Wii is only for men.[/QUOTE]

Curses!

I've been doing it wrong for years!

[quote name='botticus']Why can't they tether them to the station? As long as they give it a foot or two of length, you can still use them.[/QUOTE]

The Fusion tour demos had tethers that appear to be intergrated into the controller. It looks like the controller was designed for a tether option rather than bolt one on after the fact. Its similar to the secuirty slot on laptops, tiny, but supposedly strong enough for a lock to be mounted.

Now, the tether used at the Fusion tour may have been defeated by removing the battery cover. I must admit I only was able to give the Wiimote a casual going over before having to actually play the demo.

[quote name='PRMega']It's not like you can just tether them to the demo station....[/quote]Actually, that's exactly what they did at the Fusion tour.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Actually, that's exactly what they did at the Fusion tour.[/QUOTE]

Well there goes any reasoning I could come up with for needing a license or cc. I know it's just a rumor, that was just my failed attempt at finding logical reasoning :)

[quote name='PRMega']Well there goes any reasoning I could come up with for needing a license or cc. I know it's just a rumor, that was just my failed attempt at finding logical reasoning :)[/QUOTE]

Wink;)

Now, the tether used at the Fusion tour may have been defeated by removing the battery cover. I must admit I only was able to give the Wiimote a casual going over before having to actually play the demo.

The tethers may not be that strong or secure. I certainly thought it was only held in place by battery and cover.

bread's done
Back