(Some) Wii Virtual Console/WiiWare Game Codes available on Amazon.com

RoytheRobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
130 (100%)
Credit to a fellow CAG who posted about this on the Wii U section named: Dmanthegamer.

All games are regular priced, but I thought this might be thread worthy since the Wii Points card aren't available anymore. And you can use amazon credit for these.

Some of the games available:

Sin & Punishment N64

Pokemon Rumble WiiWare

Super Mario RPG SNES

World of Goo WiiWare

*Will edit post with links once I find more games*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I got a list of all the games available

Super Mario Bros 3 5$
Super Metroid 5$
Metroid 5$
Super Mario World 8$
Super Mario RPG 8$
World of Goo 15$
Pokemon Rumble 15$
Mario Kart 64 10$
Paper Mario 10$
Sin and Punishment 12$
Wario Ware D.I.Y showcase 8$
1080 Skateboarding 10$

Hey, I got a list of all the games available

Super Mario Bros 3 5$
Super Metroid 5$
Metroid 5$
Super Mario World 8$
Super Mario RPG 8$
World of Goo 15$
Pokemon Rumble 15$
Mario Kart 64 10$
Paper Mario 10$
Sin and Punishment 12$
Wario Ware D.I.Y showcase 8$
1080 Skateboarding 10$
Super Metroid is $8 from what I'm looking at. http://www.amazon.com/Super-Metroid-Online-Game-Code/dp/B003XNU1P0/ref=pd_sim_367_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=05EVVXVVAS7DZREKPZBE

Link to all 12 - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=online+game+code&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A14218901%2Cn%3A4924902011%2Ck%3Aonline+game+code%2Cp_6%3AA3ODHND3J0WMC8&qid=1439859526&sort=price-asc-rank

I thought the Wii servers were dropped. Would these still work?
I think it was just gameplay that was dropped with Gamespy. I was on the store on my Wii last week.

Are these prices better than the prices on the Wii store or is the appeal here for people who want to use amazon credit, not want to put credit card info on the Wii, etc.?

These were the regular prices you would have paid if you bought them originally on the Wii Shop.

They're not new, not really a "deal," but as stated above at least you can use Amazon Credit and such, instead of buying through the Wii or Wii U.

The Wii Shop isn't dead. I recently bought 6 games using Club Nintendo codes on there last month. The Wii Points cards are just difficult to find at retail now which is why these codes are a find for people like myself who are too paranoid to input their own card numbers on the Wii Shop.

The Wii Shop isn't dead. I recently bought 6 games using Club Nintendo codes on there last month. The Wii Points cards are just difficult to find at retail now which is why these codes are a find for people like myself who are too paranoid to input their own card numbers on the Wii Shop.
Wii points are hard to come by? You mean I might actually be able to unload my points cards (that I bought before the switch to eshop (me: "hey, there are new consoles coming up, better stock up on digital currency that I will surely be able to use"), curse Nintendo and their bass-ackwards digital store and drm policies) at not too much of a loss?

If I wanted to play these on my Wii U, I'd need to go into Wii mode and then redeem them and play them right? 

There's no way to directly play these on the Wii U interface? 

If I wanted to play these on my Wii U, I'd need to go into Wii mode and then redeem them and play them right?

There's no way to directly play these on the Wii U interface?
Right. There's an 'upgrade' fee for games that are available on WiiU that you purchase on the wii shop I think it's like a dollar-ish

Wii points are hard to come by? You mean I might actually be able to unload my points cards (that I bought before the switch to eshop (me: "hey, there are new consoles coming up, better stock up on digital currency that I will surely be able to use"), curse Nintendo and their bass-ackwards digital store and drm policies) at not too much of a loss?
The cards are going for a premium but the buyers have to be ignorant enough to not realize you can just add points on the wii shop with a credit card (or a gift card that acts like a credit card). http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2836/~/how-to-add-wii-points-with-a-credit-card

bread's done
Back