Some will win free 160 Microsoft Points for V-Day in E-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

goatwoody

CAGiversary!
I didn't see a thread for this, but I wanted to make sure people were on the lookout to check the e-mail associated with their xbox live account.

Like the Fallout 3 themed e-mails from a few weeks back, some people will have a redeem code for 160 points inside. All you have to do is check your e-mail. If there is no redeem code, you didn't win. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got the email and you forgot to add:

*Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase one video during the promotion period (February 12, 2010-February 26, 2010).

[quote name='King Royalty']i got the email and you forgot to add:

*Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase one video during the promotion period (February 12, 2010-February 26, 2010).[/QUOTE]

Video?

I got an email LIKE this... specifics:

Take a break from gaming this Valentine's Day, and watch a movie with your someone. When you do, we'll give you 160 Microsoft Points free.*

* Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase one video during the promotion period (February 12, 2010-February 26, 2010)

--

Meh.

A good deal if you were planning on watching a movie anyway, but otherwise pretty lame.

yup you need to buy a video. so is there any videos for less than 160 pts?

i just noticed there is another thread talking about this, but the op got a redeem code. maybe there are two versions?

Lies, I got the email and there is no redeem code in the email. I think it's one of those deals where you purchase a movie with your ms points on your account then you get 160 points added back to your account later on.

"Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase one video during the promotion period (February 12, 2010-February 26, 2010). Open only to legal residents, age 13 and older, of the 50 United States (includes Washington, D.C.). This offer is nontransferable. This offer expires on February 26, 2010, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.Please allow 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends for direct deposit of your gift to your account. We will drop you an in-dash message to let you know that you've got the points."

Xbox LIVE Party mode available with select movies; Xbox LIVE Gold membership required.

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past rated PG-13 by the MPAA.
Paranormal Activity rated R by the MPAA.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button rated PG-13 by the MPAA.
The Ugly Truth rated R by the MPAA.
Corpse Bride rated PG by the MPAA.
The Hangover rated R by the MPAA.
Inglourious Basterds rated R by the MPAA.
Public Enemies rated R by the MPAA.
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra rated PG-13 by the MPAA.
The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard rated R by the MPAA.

Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/valentinesday/default.htm

[quote name='intoxicated662']Lies, I got the email and there is no redeem code in the email. I think it's one of those deals where you purchase a movie with your ms points on your account then you get 160 points added back to your account later on.

"Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase one video during the promotion period (February 12, 2010-February 26, 2010). Open only to legal residents, age 13 and older, of the 50 United States (includes Washington, D.C.). This offer is nontransferable. This offer expires on February 26, 2010, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.Please allow 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends for direct deposit of your gift to your account. We will drop you an in-dash message to let you know that you've got the points."

Xbox LIVE Party mode available with select movies; Xbox LIVE Gold membership required.

Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/valentinesday/default.htm[/QUOTE]
yeah real girlfriend friendly movies here

I got an email with no code. But it seems like what you need to do is go to the "Spotlight" section on the dashboard, and then there will be a specific place that you go to and it'll have specific movies set out. You buy one and watch it, enjoy.

Few weeks later, MS will reimburse you.

About right?

[quote name='intoxicated662']

Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/valentinesday/default.htm[/QUOTE]

So is it only good for these movies? Pretty lame...none of those are very romantic. Was hoping there would be some 80pt videos that could net a "profit".

Lame deal that I don't even get access to, even though I've paid for at least four years of Live, collectively. They're really going all out...

Dude read the e-mail...
"Watch a movie with your someone. When you do, we'll give you 160 microsoft points"

This means when you purchase an expensive movie rental from Zune, they'll give you the points. Only a "deal" if you planned on watching a movie anyway.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Just check your e-mail. Some will have free codes and some will not. Do not purchase a rental on live expecting to get points. That is not how it works. This is like the Fallout 3 e-mail they sent out weeks ago. In some of those, some people got free points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back