Someone else can make a new GameRush thread.

waffles 'n' syrup

CAGiversary!
Wshakspear or CoreyCubed or drfrielgood or someone else that has been a major contributor to the GameRush threads can make the next GameRush thread if the 500 post thing is still going on with the change of boards. You guys can still make a new thread if you want to, and lock this one up.

I'm not sure if I'll be on CAG much anymore. It's just not fun like it was a year ago. I might be here every once in awhile, but I think I'd rather do other things now. CAG isn't what I need to be doing. I should be working hard and focusing on what I need to do in my life.

I'll be sure to check this thread for GameRush deals when new ones start. Thanks for everybodys help in making these GameRush threads so popular. It made me feel like I was doing something to contribute to CAG. :)

here is an unofficial list of preorders available from gamerush. i thought it would be helpful if it was in this thread. credit goes to doubledown (original poster from another thread).

Oddworld XB
Death By Degrees PS2
NBA Street V3 PS2/XB
Shadow of Rome PS2
Champions - Return to Arms PS2
MX Vs. ATV Unleashed XB/PS2
Star Fox GC
Brothers in Arms XB/PS2
Xenosaga II PS2
Gran Turismo 4 PS2
Midnight Club 3 PS2/XB
Project Snowblind PS2/XB
Tekken 5 PS2
MVP 2005 XB/PS2
Star Wars Republic Commando XB
Timesplitters Future Perfect XB/PS2
Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Devil May Cry 3 PS2
Doom III & Doom III Collectors XB
Full Spectrum Warrior PS2
Fight Night 2 XB/PS2
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
God of War PS2
Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory XB/PS2
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2

sorry if it's already been posted :)

Gamerush at Hefner & Rockwell in OKC wouldn't let me combine offers. Here are trade in values NOT INCLUDING THE $5.

Simpsons Hit and Run PS2 $8
Tekken 4 PS2 $8
Space Channel 5 PS2 $5
Jak 2 PS2 $8
KOF: MI PS2 $25
Front Mission 4 PS2 $3
Boktai GBA $1.50

I used FM4 and Boktai to preorder God of War and got the $5 bonus on the rest of them.

i trade-in 4 games today w/o extra $5 cuz is under $2.00 Each. i'll go back tomorrow & ask for price-match with Gamestop trade-in 3 & get extra $10 plus extra 10% off.

[quote name='Masterkyo']i trade-in 4 games today w/o extra $5 cuz is under $2.00 Each. i'll go back tomorrow & ask for price-match with Gamestop trade-in 3 & get extra $10 plus extra 10% off.[/quote]

I read somewhere that Blockbuster no longer price matches....and I can't see them price matching something like giving extra on bonus trades..??
However, I still wish you luck if you can make it work!

[quote name='"N64FanBoy"']Gamerush at Hefner & Rockwell in OKC wouldn't let me combine offers. Here are trade in values NOT INCLUDING THE $5.

wow your right by my store (50th and Mac)...anyways I got ahold of the notes from the conference call this last tuesday (God forbid I'm on vacation too) and our DL made it clear not to allow people to "double dip" and that corrective action would be taken.

[quote name='h2dk'][quote name='io']
Hey, if you do go there just don't dump a bunch of Primals or Turoks on them! I've been careful to spread things out (use that local Blockbuster you found for any multiples - which one is it by the way?). Though to be honest, I really don't think they care. They are very nice there by the way (just a little clueless since they are so isolated wrt other Gamerush stores).[/quote]

The River Rd. Blockbuster in Keizer. I am looking to maximize my trip so no (real) crappy games. Here are some off the top of my head:

Xbox
Burnout 3 $28
Outlaw Volleyball $8
Spiderman 2 $17.50 (did not trade)
Kingdom Under Fire (did not trade)
NASCAR 2004 $13
Evil Dead Fist Full of Boomstick $8

GC
Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem $13
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (II & III) $8 & $13
Beach Spikers Volleyball $8
Monopoly Party $13
Tiger Woods 2003 $6.50 (did not trade)
Spiderman $10
WWE Wrestlemania X9 $13
Universal Studios Theme Park $8

I totalled $143

I bought
Mechassault 2
Brothers in Arms
Star Wars Republic Commando
Mario Party 6 (needed something for my son and they wouldn't do Jungle Beat)
Preordered Jade Empire LE

Total out of pocket $7

I forgot to take KUF so I may make another trip this weekend. I have some other games includeing NFSU, 007 Everything or Nothing, Driv3r and maybe MVP 2005 and KOTOR.

Is there any restrictions on say taking back Republic Commando after I play it for a couple days and trading it in? It is sure to fetch at least the $30 that I paid if not more.[/quote]

Another big update:

(including $5)

Xbox

Driv3r $10
007 EON $13
Spider Man 2 $17.50
RS3 $13
Hitz Pro $6.50
MVP 2005 $25
Halo $19
KOTOR $13
Kingdom under fire $13
Outrun 2 $13
Slugfest 04 $8
Knockout Kings 02 $6.50
Morrowind GOTY $13
Mortal Kombat Deception $28
Mechassault 2 $35

Gamecube

Polar Express $13
Tiger Woods 03 $6.50

Total $253

Bought
Project Snowblind
Fight Night Round 2
KOTOR II

Preorder
Unreal Championship 2
WWE XXI
Delta Force Black Hawk Down
Splinter Cell: Chaos
Timsplitters: Future Perfect

$13 Gift Card

My Gamerush today would not let me do the deal for DOOM CE at any prce. I assumed it would be $39.99 after the trade in 2 deal but she said can't do it. Anybody have any helpful advice on how to do the deal for this game? She is the head honcho of the game department.

SWEET! I was able to double dip today ($5 more, plus getting a new game for $30!)

I picked up Spiderman 2, Dynasty Warriors, Lumines and Need for Speed for $30 each!

So far, for PSP I have...
HAVE RIGHT NOW IN POSSESION...
Tony Hawk
NBA
Wipeout
Dark Stalkers
Spiderman
Need for Speed
Dynasty Warriors
OWN as soon as they arrive...
Lumines
Ape Escape
Twisted Metal
Untold Legends

All for the total of MAYBE $110 (Buying games cheap, trading in, etc)

FYI, traded yesterday, all WITH $5 bonus:

PS2

Tribes $12
Hulk $10
Lethal Skies $10
Legion:The Legend Of Excalibur $8
Godzilla Save the Earth $23
XIII $6.50
Extreme G3 $8

None of the following Detroit area GR will allow me to double dip: Farmington, Brighton, Taylor, Wixom, or Novi. Dr Frielgood has a generous offer for tomorrow in Commerce Twp......

Anybody know what American Idol fetches ?

scuba - Yeah, I can accept disc only games. I'm fairly positive Splinter Cell 4 is in the computer yet though.

bmulligan - Plymouth won't double dip either. You stop by sometime on a Saturday or Monday!

Also, the list above of preorder games is only a partial list. There's a bunch more games in the computer system.

[quote name='gizmogc']SWEET! I was able to double dip today ($5 more, plus getting a new game for $30!)

I picked up Spiderman 2, Dynasty Warriors, Lumines and Need for Speed for $30 each!

So far, for PSP I have...
HAVE RIGHT NOW IN POSSESION...
Tony Hawk
NBA
Wipeout
Dark Stalkers
Spiderman
Need for Speed
Dynasty Warriors
OWN as soon as they arrive...
Lumines
Ape Escape
Twisted Metal
Untold Legends

All for the total of MAYBE $110 (Buying games cheap, trading in, etc)[/quote]
The Word is... Twisted Metal Sucks
besides that, damn you got 1 more game than me
I thought I was sick but youre sicker

Twisted Metal only cost me $9 at EB (Bought 2 copies of Outlaw Golf 9 holes thing at GameRush and traded them into EB). Worse comes to worse, I can trade TM in for more store credit at GR.

[quote name='drfrielgood']scuba - Yeah, I can accept disc only games. I'm fairly positive Splinter Cell 4 is in the computer yet though.

bmulligan - Plymouth won't double dip either. You stop by sometime on a Saturday or Monday!

Also, the list above of preorder games is only a partial list. There's a bunch more games in the computer system.[/quote]

thank you
:)

The Farmington Hills Gamerush let me double dip, they told me that their quota's needed to be met so they needed more people to pre-order games. I went to the store Thursday around 3-4pm. There were two younger guys working up front, maybe you just have to be there at the right time.

[quote name='kroadmeister']do they care if you get multiples? Like say I bring 2 breakdowns and 2 shadow hearts do they get suspicious?[/quote]

That is the limit for multiples. You can only trade-in two copies of the same game on the same receipt. Found this out when I tried to trade in three copies of a game that I bought during the closing of a local video store.

egads, i will have to check into this, i havent been to GR in a while but getting an extra $15 for 3 games is VERY nice. esp if it is combines with a preorder.

Does anyone know what Brothers in Arms Xbox will get?

I am thinking of bringing in more games to get a few more preorders. Any suggestions on what to preorder?

Last time I was at BB (Thursday) they were giving $35 for Brother in Arms.

Does anyone know how much they give for Oddworld: Strangers Wrath and Jak 3? Thanks!

Damn it why did god of war have to be amazing?

9.8 IGN that's just ridiculous

now I have to get that on top of PSP and ridge racers

anyone know how much gran turismo 3, gta3 get these days? Those are only five bucks at gamestop, I'll grab a couple and trade them in.

God of War is going to be awesome. I loved that demo more than the whole game of DMC 3.

Also about the preorders, I still haven't figured it out yet. The games on their list they have are guranteed, but they also receive games that aren't on that list. I picked up my preorderes Phantom Dust and Cold Fear yesterday and both were not on their official list. I've done alot of outside the list preorders with Gamerush and it seems its about 50/50 on whether they get them or not.

My trip to Gamerush yesterday was awesome. Most of the employees there are awesome. I traded in 4 games, got both bonuses and was able to preorder two games (Suffering: Ties That Bind & Gauntlet Seven Sorrows). I also cancelled a game and switched it to GTA: SA for xbox and I got full credit for the cancellation game and he discounted me for GTA.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Damn it why did god of war have to be amazing?

anyone know how much gran turismo 3, gta3 get these days? Those are only five bucks at gamestop, I'll grab a couple and trade them in.[/quote]

they each get 3, but you can make some credit if you get 2 gta3, and one gt3, or viceversa.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Damn it why did god of war have to be amazing?

anyone know how much gran turismo 3, gta3 get these days? Those are only five bucks at gamestop, I'll grab a couple and trade them in.[/quote]

I traded in GTA 3 the other day, I think I got $8 with the extra $5.

[quote name='drfrielgood']TC, yep, I only work in the game section so I'll definately be the one doing your trades.[/quote]

Just got back from seeing drfrielgood. Definatly a super nice guy!

Traded In
Xbox- Mission Impossible Operation Surma- $10
Xbox- Unreal II- $13
Xbox- Chronicles of Riddick- $12
Cube- The Sims- $10
Xbox- The Thing- $10
Cube- Pokemon Colosseum- $12
Xbox- Ninja Gaiden- $25
Xbox- Mech Assault 2- $23
Total $115

Preordered
Xbox- Jade Empire Limited
Cube- Legend Of Zelda
Xbox- Pariah
Xbox- Conker: Live & Reloaded

Total out of pocket including tax- $12.16

Thanks again drfrielgood!

What kind of shape does a xbox system have to be to trade it in? I have an old one I replaced because it started getting DDE's , but it works ok most of the time. But, At one point I opened it(tried to fix it) so the screws are reviled.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']What kind of shape does a xbox system have to be to trade it in? I have an old one I replaced because it started getting DDE's , but it works ok most of the time. But, At one point I opened it(tried to fix it) so the screws are reviled.[/quote]

It's foul that you would trade in a broken XBOX...
Do they repair those things before they sell 'em?

[quote name='jetblac'][quote name='xspeedracerx']What kind of shape does a xbox system have to be to trade it in? I have an old one I replaced because it started getting DDE's , but it works ok most of the time. But, At one point I opened it(tried to fix it) so the screws are reviled.[/quote]

It's foul that you would trade in a broken XBOX...
Do they repair those things before they sell 'em?[/quote]
Its not exactly broken, I just got it out and played it for a few hours and it seems to work ok. I would rather get rid of it at gamerush, than sell it to someone.

[quote name='cdeener']Can I do the trade in 3 for an extra $5 at BB that doesn't have a Gamerush?[/quote]

Call first, only one of my blockbusters would, but they didn't know about the trade 2 get one for $30.. so I passed

More trade values(includes $5 extra):
Simpsons Hit and Run PS2 $13
Mad Maestro PS2 $6.50
E Jay Clubworld PS2 $6.50
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal $23
Airblade PS2 $6.50
High Heat Baseball XB $8
Star Fox Adventures GC $12
Shadow Ops Red Mercury XB $13
Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2 $30
Primal $8
Most have been mentioned before but listed in case anybody missed em.

went to gamerush today and got $102, $30 towards chaos thoery xb so that's done, 50 towards psp pre-order, and a lil more then $15 left.
GC-Conflict Desert Storm II $15
XB-Fight Night Round 2 =$40
XB-Crimson Skies= $13
XB-Beyond Good and Evil=$13
PS2-Socom II= $13
PS2-Soul Reaver 2= $8

Total=$102.00

Profit Gained= around 70 considering most of those games were: CAG'd/given by homies, mainly thanx to d4nch3ng and jason =^_^=

I tried to trade in some games to Game Rush and the the guy at the counter said I needed to have a blockbuster membership to trade in games. I didn't have one and didn't want one. So I left.

I don't see why I would need a membership, as I am never going to borrow anything from Blockbuster. I have bought a ton of games from them in past and this is how they repay my patronage. What a waste of time.

FYI I was going to trade in Madden 2k5 and Fight Night Round 2, cause they seem to have the best trade in prices. I guess I will just check out how much I can get for them at FYE.

[quote name='ofacto']I tried to trade in some games to Game Rush and the the guy at the counter said I needed to have a blockbuster membership to trade in games. I didn't have one. So I left.

I don't see why I would need a membership, as I am never going to borrow anything from Blockbuster. I have bought a ton of games from them in past and this is how they repay my patronage.[/quote]

Well, thats the big rule. It's not about being the best consumer.

With the Extra $5:
Dynasty Warriors 4(PS2) - $12
Magic Pengel - $12
Clock Tower 3 - $10
Rise to Honor - $10
Brute Force - $8
007: Everything or Nothing (XBOX)- $13
DOA: Extreme Beach Volleyball - $15
Whiplash - $12
Phantasy Star Online (XBOX)
F-Zero GX - $13

Total $115

[quote name='ofacto']I tried to trade in some games to Game Rush and the the guy at the counter said I needed to have a blockbuster membership to trade in games. I didn't have one and didn't want one. So I left.

I don't see why I would need a membership, as I am never going to borrow anything from Blockbuster. I have bought a ton of games from them in past and this is how they repay my patronage. What a waste of time. [/quote]

It's the same reason why at EBGames and GameStop that they need your personal information to trade in games. If the police come in looking for stolen games or hardware, they are required to trace them back for you. Additionally, if you are always trading in things that don't work properly or may be some gray market stuff, then they can ban you from trading. It's all about accountability. It's no different at a pawn shop. They take fingerprints there. It's a minor 5 minute process and they give such good value and have excellent deals. Hardly seems like an hassle to me.

Nice to see TC and bmulligan in the store today! Both are great guys and walked away with some good deals. Wshakspeare, I hear you were in there as well, my co-worker Tony said he helped you out. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you all again!

Was able to double dip twice now @ Arcadia GR--James is the guy who closes on Wednesdays/Fridays, and with the other guy who closes on Thursday/Saturdays--both supercool about it!

After $5 extra...

GTA3 - $8
Gran Turismo 3 - $8
Max Payne (PS2) - $6.50
Stunt GP - $6.50
Smuggler's Run - $6.50
Super Mario Sunshine - $13

Preordered

God of War + Lumines for 16 dollars and change out of pocket.

Doubled up on deals today at the Culver City store. No problem...their jerk manager was there too but didn't pay much attention to me.

Not sure if I've seen these yet:

PS2 - Devil May Cry: $10
PS2 - Siren: $13

Today I was able to get GT4 and preorder the Revenge of the Sith, but they still can't figure out how to preorder Zelda for me...

Also picked up Yoshi Touch & Go with my credit. It is more fun than I had expected, though it probably won't have much long-lasting appeal.

One of my GR guys told me yesterday that they'd gotten a memo from corporate to not display the collectors edition SC:ct collectors box because they are only getting the regular version in. He said straight up if i want the limited edition cancel my preorder and go elsewhere. :cry: Oh well that case is sweet but, i wont care about it enough to actually spend $60 cash on it since i'm getting it at GR for $35 store credit (i preordered during the last deal).

Yesterday i did:

PS2 - Katamari Damancy $7
Xbox - Splinter Cell: PT $7

No double dip so i just tradeed two, I preordered Blackhawk Down so i basically got $34 for the 2 games since i was gonna buy BHD anyway.

Now I gotta pick up a game to combo with my Brothers in Arms to trade in and preorder 25 to life or Unreal Tournament 2 or Conkers or i'm addicted!

[quote name='drfrielgood']Nice to see TC and bmulligan in the store today! Both are great guys and walked away with some good deals. Wshakspeare, I hear you were in there as well, my co-worker Tony said he helped you out. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you all again![/quote]

Yeah, you were busy with "Guy with son of with whom neither knew what they were doing"...you know, them :)

Pre-ordered Lego Star wars though...might go back for Donkey Konga w/o bongos today or tommorow

My brother took another trip to Gamerush yesterday. The credit is with the extra $5.

GBA
Alienators: Evolution Continues - $7
Wario Land 4 - $10

PS2
007 Nightfire - $10
Gauntlet Dark Legacy - $13

XBox
ESPN NBA 2K5 - $13
Manhunt - $13
Voodoo Vince - $13

Pre-ordered Pirates, GTA: SA (Xbox), Doom 3 CE

[quote name='ksuwild25']God of War is going to be awesome. I loved that demo more than the whole game of DMC 3.

Also about the preorders, I still haven't figured it out yet. The games on their list they have are guranteed, but they also receive games that aren't on that list. I picked up my preorderes Phantom Dust and Cold Fear yesterday and both were not on their official list. I've done alot of outside the list preorders with Gamerush and it seems its about 50/50 on whether they get them or not.

My trip to Gamerush yesterday was awesome. Most of the employees there are awesome. I traded in 4 games, got both bonuses and was able to preorder two games (Suffering: Ties That Bind & Gauntlet Seven Sorrows). I also cancelled a game and switched it to GTA: SA for xbox and I got full credit for the cancellation game and he discounted me for GTA.[/quote]
I wanna double dip too! Mind sharing the location of the GR? :D

polobearjp - i went to the alma/mcdermott location.

I found a 4 page ad in the paper today and there are a couple of deals going on.

They mention all of the current deals and here's mention of some deals that kind of stood out in my mind.

These are all limited time only

50% off playstation accessories
59.99 preowned GC

GTA: SA & Halo 2 are 29.99 each preowned.

MGS: Snake Eater & Halo 2 are 34.99 each new.

Red Dead Revolver (just shows ps2 version) & Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life are 9.99 each new

They advertise a couple of buyback prices, and list some other preowned game prices for the 3 major systems, but nothing really stands out.

Also they are advertising a "Get Doom 3 at midnight on April 4th" which is awesome. I hope they have those coupon books like last time.

Sorry if this has been mentioned.

since gamerush wont get the CE of chaos theory, i think ill just get it at FYE, since i have 200 in credit there that i really need to burn. i am just really hoping that the guy gives me 50 back in credit, not 30.

bread's done
Back