Someone else can make a new GameRush thread.

waffles 'n' syrup

CAGiversary!
Wshakspear or CoreyCubed or drfrielgood or someone else that has been a major contributor to the GameRush threads can make the next GameRush thread if the 500 post thing is still going on with the change of boards. You guys can still make a new thread if you want to, and lock this one up.

I'm not sure if I'll be on CAG much anymore. It's just not fun like it was a year ago. I might be here every once in awhile, but I think I'd rather do other things now. CAG isn't what I need to be doing. I should be working hard and focusing on what I need to do in my life.

I'll be sure to check this thread for GameRush deals when new ones start. Thanks for everybodys help in making these GameRush threads so popular. It made me feel like I was doing something to contribute to CAG. :)

just got back from gamerush, i made a pretty good run.

here are the trade in credits WITH the extra 5:

gran turismo 3- 8 (7 at GS)
midnight club- 8 (7 at GS)
turok: evolution- 6.50 (6 at GS)
blodd omen 2- 6.50 (6 at GS)
future tactics the uprising- 6.50 (4 at GS)
return to castle wolfenstein- 13! (8 at GS)

i preordered:
doom 3:LE
conker live and reloaded
didnt preorder another game because my game guy was already working overtime, and i felt sort of bad.

ill go back next week, and ill trade in BiA, and ill buy wolfeinstein, future tactics, and get another game free with the buy 2 PO games, get 1 free. gamerush rules. i have 3 PSP games paid in full, as well as chaos theory, conker, doom 3:LE, jade empire, pariah, and san andreas. and i still have 210 bucks left on my card! ill PO GTA:psp, and darkwatch or advent rising.

gamerush owns

[quote name='stoned99'][quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='screwkick'][quote name='Archaic']How much longer is the "$5 extra/Trade 2 and preorder" deal doing on? Do I have time to order games from EB to trade in?[/quote]

Through the end of May. Its listed in the OP of this thread.[/quote]
Nice avatar Screwkick. I love The king of Queens.[/quote]

I hear the girl has put on quite a few pounds, whats up with that!![/quote]

shes pregnant apparently

With $5 bonus:

Reel Fishing 3 PS2 $12

Also, I couldn't get Doom 3 CE for $30, they told me it wouldn't work for any game over $50. But he did let me pay the difference, so I got it $40 with trade in of 2 games.

What else are you guys preordering for PSP...I already have Tony Hawk in my hands, and preorders for Lumines, Ridge Racers, and Metal Gear.

I feel like i'm ripping myself off when I preorder a 39.99 game but there just isn't really anything at 49.99 that is appealing to me or looks like a good title for the PSP.

Also, when preordering the new Zelda game, what did you guys call it?

[quote name='flaprabbit']With $5 bonus:

Reel Fishing 3 PS2 $12

Also, I couldn't get Doom 3 CE for $30, they told me it wouldn't work for any game over $50. But he did let me pay the difference, so I got it $40 with trade in of 2 games.[/quote]

you could have used Reel Fishing 3 at EB Games...it's not on the exclusion list.

Here are some values that I got today (w/ the $5):
PS2 Blood Omen 2 $8
PS2 Mojo $6.50
PS2 Kya Dark Lineage $8
PS2 Sled Storm 2 $8
XBOX Mojo $10
GBA The Land Before Time $17.50 (insanity!)

[quote name='JDMxB']What else are you guys preordering for PSP...I already have Tony Hawk in my hands, and preorders for Lumines, Ridge Racers, and Metal Gear.

I feel like i'm ripping myself off when I preorder a 39.99 game but there just isn't really anything at 49.99 that is appealing to me or looks like a good title for the PSP.

Also, when preordering the new Zelda game, what did you guys call it?[/quote]

i have ridge racer, THUG 2, wipeout, and twisted metal on preorder. i might pick up lumines if i feel i really need a 5th game, but i doubt it. im also going to pick up nba street showdown if it turns out to be good

All PS2 unless otherwise noted
(GS = GameStop; EB = EB Games)
Ok, after the $5 bonus...I got...
For $6.50:
Mark of the Kri (PAID: 5.99 GS)
Twisted Metal Black (PAID: 6.99 GS)
State of Emergency (PAID: 4.99 GS)
SSX (PAID: 4.99 GS)
Red Faction (PAID: 4.99 GS)
Mad Maestro (PAID: 4.99 GS)

For $8.00:
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding (XBOX) (PAID: 3.99 GS)
New Legends (XBOX) (PAID: 4.99 GS)
Onimusha Warlords (PAID: 5.99 GS)

And $10.00 for 007: Agent Under Fire (PAID 5.99 GS)

Total of $73.00 credit, bought at EB for $42 and some change. I'll post how much I got em at EB for tomorrow, I left the receipt in my car.

EDIT: Added price paid @ GS. Going to make another trip to GameStop this Friday, I'll add to this list when I do.

[quote name='Zon27']
GBA The Land Before Time $17.50 (insanity!)[/quote]

Wow, that game is only $1.50 at TRU w/green tag. I just picked up a couple the other day for gifts.

I talked to an employee today and she said the current deals end March 28. Anyone able to confirm, I've had employees tell me wrong dates before.

[quote name='flaprabbit'][quote name='Zon27']
GBA The Land Before Time $17.50 (insanity!)[/quote]

Wow, that game is only $1.50 at TRU w/green tag. I just picked up a couple the other day for gifts.[/quote]

Me too! :D

That's why I was saying "insanity," plus come on, $12.50 base price for that game? Crazy.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I talked to an employee today and she said the current deals end March 28. Anyone able to confirm, I've had employees tell me wrong dates before.[/quote]

the person you talked to must not know...because the 1st page has everything that it says in our map

if anyone around the san gabriel area let me know if you guys want to double dip because at the store i work at...my manager says its cool if we use both deals. i work at the san dimas store...so let me know when you guys are coming down

[quote name='rafissaying']if anyone around the san gabriel area let me know if you guys want to double dip because at the store i work at...my manager says its cool if we use both deals. i work at the san dimas store...so let me know when you guys are coming down[/quote]
"San Dimas High School Football rules!" I

[quote name='rafissaying']if anyone around the san gabriel area let me know if you guys want to double dip because at the store i work at...my manager says its cool if we use both deals. i work at the san dimas store...so let me know when you guys are coming down[/quote]

Wow man that is awesome--my closest GR is Arcadia, but if we have a cheapassgamer working at San Dimas I might stop by to say what's up!

Are you guys staying open for PSP launch night? and have you filled all the preorders yet?

[quote name='JDMxB'][quote name='rafissaying']if anyone around the san gabriel area let me know if you guys want to double dip because at the store i work at...my manager says its cool if we use both deals. i work at the san dimas store...so let me know when you guys are coming down[/quote]

Wow man that is awesome--my closest GR is Arcadia, but if we have a cheapassgamer working at San Dimas I might stop by to say what's up!

Are you guys staying open for PSP launch night? and have you filled all the preorders yet?[/quote]

yea we are staying open...and we have not filled all the preorder spots...i think we only have around 10 or so

[quote name='rafissaying']
yea we are staying open...and we have not filled all the preorder spots...i think we only have around 10 or so[/quote]

Are you the asian guy w/ glasses and a deep voice? lol. :lol:

I love GameRush. They have given me God of War for the grand total of $16! and now they have helped me out by giving me $100 towards my PSP on Thursday! God this place freaking rules.

[quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='JDMxB'][quote name='rafissaying']if anyone around the san gabriel area let me know if you guys want to double dip because at the store i work at...my manager says its cool if we use both deals. i work at the san dimas store...so let me know when you guys are coming down[/quote]

Are you guys staying open for PSP launch night? and have you filled all the preorders yet?[/quote]

yea we are staying open...and we have not filled all the preorder spots...i think we only have around 10 or so[/quote]

Sweet man--I think i'm going to have to cancel my preorder at Gamecrazy and hope either Arcadia or you guys can squeeze me in on the list, since you are letting them out at Midnight!

Anyone know if/when GameRushes will get launch-day PSP games? I read a press release about Metal Gear Acid shipping, and I assume Lumines is on its way, too. I have both preordered, but my PSP will be at EB. Just wondering if I could pick them up first, though it's doubtful as GameRush is usually a bit slower on receiving new releases.

My GameRush gets nwe releases always on Tuesday it seems....sometimes Monday of release week. They are pretty good. I'm going to stop by today and see if they got TimeSplitters:FP or Mx vs ATV in today

[quote name='ViolentLee']Anyone know if/when GameRushes will get launch-day PSP games? I read a press release about Metal Gear Acid shipping, and I assume Lumines is on its way, too. I have both preordered, but my PSP will be at EB. Just wondering if I could pick them up first, though it's doubtful as GameRush is usually a bit slower on receiving new releases.[/quote]

My GameRush has received most of the PSP games but aren't selling them until the 24th. For the record, GameRush almost always receives the games the same day as EBGames or GameStop. The only exception is the really big games like Gran Turismo 4, where EB and GStop will spring for same-day shipping and they arrive that night, while GR gets them the next day.

FINAL PSP UPDATE

Well, to no one's surprise, my GameRush got in their PSPs today, but they came with a note from headquarters saying they had made a mistake and they can't sell them until March 24th. And the double whammy is no midnight sale, so I'll have to wait until 10AM. Oh well, at least Timesplitters: Future Perfect and God of War will keep me company until then.

As an aside, if you live in the Atlanta, GA area, the GameRush on State Bridge Road still has 9 more preorders up for grabs. So if you're looking to get a PSP and don't want to worry about waiting in line or that stuff, then go there and preorder one.

Was able to double dip at my store. pre ordered the collectors edition of Splinter Cell and Jade Empire.

with the bonus 5:
Rainbow six 3 (xbox)- 13
I ninja (xbox)- 12
Sega GT online - 13
XIII (gcn)- 8
Auto Modellista (ps2)- 10
Devil May Cry-10
Ghost recon 2 (ps2)- 30

Not that I'll do this, but is this possible:

I currently have 6 games on pre-order. Of course, I used the trade in 2 get the pre-order for 30 bucks. I noticed some people canceled their pre-orders and received the 50 in credit. Is it possible to cancel all my pre-order and get 300 dollars in credit? then use that credit for a PSP? Just wondering thats all....

[quote name='rg0019']Not that I'll do this, but is this possible:

I currently have 6 games on pre-order. Of course, I used the trade in 2 get the pre-order for 30 bucks. I noticed some people canceled their pre-orders and received the 50 in credit. Is it possible to cancel all my pre-order and get 300 dollars in credit? then use that credit for a PSP? Just wondering thats all....[/quote]

depends on your employee. its really YMMV. if your CSR just cancels all the preorders, you will get 50 back for each game. if he realizes that you only paid 30 for each game, he might manually type into the computer to only give you back 30 bucks.

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='rg0019']Not that I'll do this, but is this possible:

I currently have 6 games on pre-order. Of course, I used the trade in 2 get the pre-order for 30 bucks. I noticed some people canceled their pre-orders and received the 50 in credit. Is it possible to cancel all my pre-order and get 300 dollars in credit? then use that credit for a PSP? Just wondering thats all....[/quote]

depends on your employee. its really YMMV. if your CSR just cancels all the preorders, you will get 50 back for each game. if he realizes that you only paid 30 for each game, he might manually type into the computer to only give you back 30 bucks.[/quote]

The manual typingi in of the price has happened to me before. man that sucks.

Jeff

Traded in (with extra $5)
Tak 2 GBA $7
Spawn Xbox $13
X2: Wolverine Xbox $6.50
All-Star Baseball 2005 Xbox $13
Bloodrayne Xbox $12
Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 Xbox $10
Total $61.50

Surprised at how low PSO 1 & 2 was, but oh well -- I can't turn a profit on EVERY game I get. I pre-ordered Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Xbox and God of War PS2, and picked up Star Wars: Republic Commando Xbox.

Also was able to pick up my pre-ordered Metal Gear Acid, but they didn't have Lumines in yet.

Actaully my gamerush almost always gets there games a couple days later than everyone else. They only get games on certain days of the week. They should have the PSPs already, but your typical new game of the week is usually a little late.

[quote name='Felder71'][quote name='ViolentLee']Anyone know if/when GameRushes will get launch-day PSP games? I read a press release about Metal Gear Acid shipping, and I assume Lumines is on its way, too. I have both preordered, but my PSP will be at EB. Just wondering if I could pick them up first, though it's doubtful as GameRush is usually a bit slower on receiving new releases.[/quote]

My GameRush has received most of the PSP games but aren't selling them until the 24th. For the record, GameRush almost always receives the games the same day as EBGames or GameStop. The only exception is the really big games like Gran Turismo 4, where EB and GStop will spring for same-day shipping and they arrive that night, while GR gets them the next day.[/quote]

I take it the Splinter Cell Chaos CE is in the gamerush system now? I checked last week and all they had in the computer was the non CE version.

Another way around them manually typing in the price and only giving you $30 instead of you getting back $50, is you keep the reciept and take it back a few days later (either to that Gamerush or another) and tell them that your mom/dad/brother/sister/wife etc. got you the game and you want to return this one. I have done this twice and they never question it.

[quote name='hotwls13']I take it the Splinter Cell Chaos CE is in the gamerush system now? I checked last week and all they had in the computer was the non CE version.[/quote]

I would also like to know if they're getting the CE or not! Dr. Frielgood? Corey?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know if they got Timesplitters: FP in today?[/quote]

I would also like to know. Also, do they have Dragon Ball Z Saga's for Xbox?

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='hotwls13']I take it the Splinter Cell Chaos CE is in the gamerush system now? I checked last week and all they had in the computer was the non CE version.[/quote]

I would also like to know if they're getting the CE or not! Dr. Frielgood? Corey?[/quote]

I went in today and one of the employees said that they are getting the CE version, but u cannot use the Trade 2 get game for $30 deal.

Returned to the farmington hills, MI store today.

Heres some trades I made (5 dollar included)

Soul Calibur 2 (XB)- 13
F-ZERO GX- 13
RTCW (XB)- 13
Panzer Dragoon Orta- 13

Reserved God Of War and Lumines for 30 each

[quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='ksuwild25']I talked to an employee today and she said the current deals end March 28. Anyone able to confirm, I've had employees tell me wrong dates before.[/quote]

the person you talked to must not know...because the 1st page has everything that it says in our map[/quote]

Do you know the end date to the "trade 2 for 29.99 deal"? On the 1st page, it says undetermined.

With the $5 extra:

PS2 - Blowout: $6.50
PS2 - Test Drive: $10
Xbox - Silent Hill 4: $17.50
GBA - Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2: $6.50
GBA - Dora the Explorer Super Spies: $17.50 :shock:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know if they got Timesplitters: FP in today?[/quote]

my Gr got them in today...but we only got 1 rental copy for each system

[quote name='hotwls13'][quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know if they got Timesplitters: FP in today?[/quote]

I would also like to know. Also, do they have Dragon Ball Z Saga's for Xbox?[/quote]

Yes, They have Timesplitters: FP today.

Arcadia got in Metal Gear Acid, Ridge Racer, and NFL Street Unleashed today--I picked up my copy of MGA and RR, so there was 1 left of each of those left on the shelf as well as two new copies of Street...I don't know if that is all they recieved, or just all they put out.

I find it odd that they got a shipment on a Tuesday, this may just be a special PSP shipment as I've been told numerous times that they recieve stuff on Wednesdays only at this location

One of the employees told me God of War would be there on Friday, and Lumines hopefully will be in tomorrow or Thursday.

I picked up X-Squad and Blowout for PS2 as well as Quantum Redshift off EB with a gift cert. I had so with shipping I paid 4 something for them. Traded them and a Mojo I got for .99 cents at TRU for $32.50.
With $5 Bonus:
X-Squad (PS2) - $8
Blowout (PS2) - $6.50
Mojo (X-Box) - $10
Quantum Redshift - $8

Preordered FFXII and Kingdom Hearts II. I know they will both drop to cheaper prices before I would get to playing them though but the release is far off. I figured I'd reserve them and change them to Wanda and the Colossus as well as Radiata Stories or Tales of Rebirth when/if we get a release date(hopefully at E3). Europe and Japan have Wanda slated for September but not the US :( If I have to mod my PS2 and import to play this game so be it.

About the Splinter Cell Limited Edition:

When our district manager was in yesterday I asked him about this game and he said that we were NOT going to receive the limited edition. I don't know if things have changed since yesterday, but as far I know the limited edition is still not in the computer system.

[quote name='drfrielgood']About the Splinter Cell Limited Edition:

When our district manager was in yesterday I asked him about this game and he said that we were NOT going to receive the limited edition. I don't know if things have changed since yesterday, but as far I know the limited edition is still not in the computer system.[/quote]

I went yesterday and asked the same question. I asked because when I was there last week they had the LE tin sitting out. I noticed yesterday that the tin was gone. The employee told me that they will not be selling the LE version and thats why the tin was gone. :cry:

[quote name='crazytalkx'][quote name='io']
GBA - Dora the Explorer Super Spies: $17.50 :shock:[/quote]
and you have this game why????[/quote]

Actually, my 5 year old likes it quite a bit. It is really just a nice simple platformer that has some challenge for someone that young but doesn't make them die constantly like Super Mario 3. But it has that annoying password save, so I don't feel bad ditching it (though at least the password consists of stars and smileys, etc, instead of a string of 30 alphanumerics - makes it easier on little kids). I preordered Lego Star Wars for him with the tradeins so he'll be happy. Plus I picked it up for just $4 at Kmart. I'd say I made a good purchase :D

Actually, I plan on getting another next time Kmart has their game sale. Maybe two more - one for the boy, and another to trade in. I have the Land Before Time game as well which someone said fetches quite a bit at GR. But I'm keeping that for the kids as I only ever saw it once on sale at TRU.

Yeah, my GAmeRush only got ONE TimeSplitters:FP rental in. And the kid before me got it....darn....oh well. Whenever my cheap-ass games show up from EB, I'll take them in and trade again....maybe pick up TS:FP or a preorder

I went in yesterday morning to pick up my preordered Timesplitters FP, which they where just unloading the boxes.
I brought in more games to double dip, here are prices I haven't seen listed yet
With $5 bonus
Xbox GTA Double Pack $28.00
Xbox True Crime $13
Xbox Rainbow 6: BA $17.50
Xbox Brothers in Arms $40
and some others that have been listed already.
Preordered Hitman: Blood Money, 25 to Life, and The Legend of Zelda.

Brothers in Arms is a great value this week since it is supposed to be on sale for $29.99 at Bestbuy next week, so you could always rebuy it and still have gained about $10 in credit.

Anyone notice that the rental copies of games are rather limited at GR. I mean come one, how many copies of DMC3 should you have to keep your customres happy? Just 1 copy... come one you f'ing bastards. I wouldnt be suprised if God of War only has 1 rental copy when it comes out on thursday as well.

bread's done
Back