Someone tell me why Tales of Symphonia is sold out almost everywhere?

equest943

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I've looked at almost all the major retailers I could think of online. Amazon, wal-mart, eb, gamestop, best buy, circuit city and others. Is this game that incredible or did Namco barely ship any out? I was thinking this is like the Gamecube's Disgaea or something but I could be wrong since stores say they will get replenished by next week. We'll see. Anyone know what's up? Just popular or what?

Good Word of Mouth + Good Reviews = High Demand

Corporate Buyers + Small Amounts of Preorders = Low Supply

High Demand + Low Supply = OOS

I'm sure most stores will get new stock soon. And hopefully this will bode good things for the Cube.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='SoulEdgeVII']It's also the Gamecube's only exclusive RPG.[/quote]

Umm...Skies of Arcadia Legends[/quote]

Isn't Legends just a beefed up port of the dreamcast one?

Skies of Arcadia is on Dreamcast too, so that doesn't really count.
Why is it out? I say because stores figure it won't sell so they don't order enough copies. I think someone who works at a Gamestop or EB can probably verify this.

Kind of yeah, but seeing as how the Dreamcast is a dead system that doesn't really count. Also, there is a lot more content which means it's a different game, which equals exclusive imho.

If you truly want to bring technicalities into all of it, there are rumors abound that Tales of Symphonia may be on the PS2 in early 2005, so it may not even be an exclusive. Also, you could call FF: Crystal Chronicles an RPG as well. It has other elements, but also has many RPG elements too.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']If you truly want to bring technicalities into all of it, there are rumors abound that Tales of Symphonia may be on the PS2 in early 2005, so it may not even be an exclusive. Also, you could call FF: Crystal Chronicles an RPG as well. It has other elements, but also has many RPG elements too.[/quote]

So far it seems that only Japan will see PS2 release, good GC sales might push it for a PS2 release in the US as well.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']If you truly want to bring technicalities into all of it, there are rumors abound that Tales of Symphonia may be on the PS2 in early 2005, so it may not even be an exclusive. Also, you could call FF: Crystal Chronicles an RPG as well. It has other elements, but also has many RPG elements too.[/quote]

I think it may be more than just a rumor:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/talesofphantasia/index.html?q=tales+symphonia

The PS2 version is supposed to have more features, so I guess I'll wait for that.

Yeah I think the fact that it sales well on th GCN is what means it wil go to the PS2, not that it is needed to boost sales. If it had sold poorly on the cube, it would likely remain an exclusive as Namco would fear poor sales on both ends then. Also, there have been rumors of bringing over some other Tales titles that weren't released in the states yet for the PS2.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']If you truly want to bring technicalities into all of it, there are rumors abound that Tales of Symphonia may be on the PS2 in early 2005, so it may not even be an exclusive. Also, you could call FF: Crystal Chronicles an RPG as well. It has other elements, but also has many RPG elements too.[/quote]

I think it may be more than just a rumor:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/talesofphantasia/index.html?q=tales+symphonia

The PS2 version is supposed to have more features, so I guess I'll wait for that.[/quote]
The PS2 version has not yet been confirmed for North America, so we will have to wait and see if its coming out here.
I cant wait for Tales of Rebirth. Im glad I own all of the systmes so I can get all of the Tales games.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']How can TOS have good sales for GC when no one has it in stock.[/quote]

The high rate of sell outs during the release week indicates a high demand for the game, which was probably ordered conservatively, but not in miniscule amounts.

That plus the reorders that these sell outs have caused will ultimately give ToS a good amount of sales, at least for the launch month.

[quote name='tearofangst']try www.newegg.com they have it in stock[/quote]

I actually ordered from newegg lastweek and I ordered a Geforce 6800 as well. If you look at the right side of the screen it says "also purchased with this item: Evga Geforce 6800.....", suggesting that you should buy them together. Now thats just strange.

Pre-orders are everything.

Three is a discussion on the Echo Night Beyond board at Agetec about how important pre-orders are to smaller publishers and special interest titles (anything outside of the mainstream). For many titles, the first shipment is the largest and most critical, and pre-orders are used by many retailers to determine how important a title actually is -- low pre-orders indicates that there is very little interest in a title so there is very little interest in even stocking it -- damn shame when you consider how small the segment of retailers is that even supports pre-ordering, much less who they are (EB, GS, GC, all the shops that really suck).

bread's done
Back