Songs that should never be sampled ever!

WeaponX2099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (98%)
After listening to listen to mainstream rap on the radio,which is mostly horrible, I heard this:

which samples this:
This was a horrible idea. fucking horrible. As bad as Vanilla Ice sampling Under Pressure for Ice Ice Baby. Can you think of any songs that need to be placed on Rap's Do Not Sample list. I'll put down the first one.

1) Wilson Philips-Hold on
2) Wesley Willis- Suck a Camel's Poody Hole

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hate when they sample older songs like that. The only one I could tolerate was Puff Daddy (Was he Diddy then?)'s version of "I'll be missing you", which, of course, sampled Sting's song of the same name. I don't know if they sampled it as much as just record new vocals for it. They had two versions. One version had a new bridge by his background vocalists, the other version actually had Sting's vocals dubbed in. I like the latter version.

I've never really watched MTV so... I've never seen that Annie Lennox Music Vid. I could've gone without clicking it...

I'd like to go the opposite direction with this. I think the artist that shouldn't sample is Kanye West. When i heard his thom yorke sample, i just wanna shoot him in the face. Can he just write a song without ripping people off?

BTW, mainstream rap nowadays is gotta be the worst kind of music ever created. Its all about selling out now and make it seem to fans that they are keeping it real, but they actually are doing anything but. Its worst than regular sell out pop.

[quote name='Scorch']I really hate when they sample older songs like that. The only one I could tolerate was Puff Daddy (Was he Diddy then?)'s version of "I'll be missing you", which, of course, sampled Sting's song of the same name. I don't know if they sampled it as much as just record new vocals for it. They had two versions. One version had a new bridge by his background vocalists, the other version actually had Sting's vocals dubbed in. I like the latter version.[/QUOTE]

It's "Every Breath You Take" by The Police.

[quote name='shosh']I'd like to go the opposite direction with this. I think the artist that shouldn't sample is Kanye West. When i heard his thom yorke sample, i just wanna shoot him in the face. Can he just write a song without ripping people off?

BTW, mainstream rap nowadays is gotta be the worst kind of music ever created. Its all about selling out now and make it seem to fans that they are keeping it real, but they actually are doing anything but. Its worst than regular sell out pop.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about "Us Placers" with Lupe Fiasco & Pharrell. I liked that. Stronger was not a great use of a sample. Power & Good Life was very good use of either small sample (Good Life) or unlikely artist to sample (King Crimson).

bread's done
Back