Sonic Colors (Wii) $19.99 on Amazon

nice job OP..tempting! probably as low as it will go. Baffled that its not part of the GS Power Saver Sale when the DS counterpart is.

You know how everything sucked after Sonic Adventure 2 (with the exception of the GBA games and Colors DS)? This makes up for all that.

This game sucks. Biggest issue is that sonic blends right into the background so it's very hard to tell where sonic is, especially when the screen is moving all over the place. Never had this kind of issue in all the past awful sonic games before.

[quote name='rumblebear']This game sucks. Biggest issue is that sonic blends right into the background so it's very hard to tell where sonic is, especially when the screen is moving all over the place. Never had this kind of issue in all the past awful sonic games before.[/QUOTE]

Of all the complaints I've heard, you're one of a kind.

I LOVE this game, I have not a single complaint that comes directly to mind. I've played every Sonic game that has been released and this one is far far from being anything but bad. This game is fun, has a great sound track and lots of replayability.

Sonic sucked since Adventure 1, really.

I disagree with everyone hailing this as the ONE SONIC GAME THAT'S PERFECT. It's still just rather dull and shoddy in most places. For $20 it isn't bad but it certainly isn't anything approaching a must play.

Nice find, OP!

I bought it on release day and, while it's far from perfect, it's a monumental improvement over the past few Sonic games. If they released a 360 or PS3 version, I'd gladly buy it again. Definitely worth $20 if you're a Sonic fan.

Don't buy this unless your getting it for your kids. It's levels are short and automated, it's ridiculously easy, the Wisp and Carnival theme is childish, and most importantly it's not fun to play. Even for $20 I say pass on it. Get Sonic 4 instead.

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']Nice find, OP!

I bought it on release day and, while it's far from perfect, it's a monumental improvement over the past few Sonic games. If they released a 360 or PS3 version, I'd gladly buy it again. Definitely worth $20 if you're a Sonic fan.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's an improvement from abysmally unplayable to just abysmally awful.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Oh, the trolls are out in droves today.

[/QUOTE]

and yet that's still better than Sonic Colors.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Oh, the trolls are out in droves today.[/QUOTE]

They changed the physics in Sonic 4 for a reason, because the physics they used in the Genesis Sonic games makes the games more frustrating than fun. In the Genesis Sonic games, Sonic doesn't want to stop, but when he does, the game reveals its biggest flaw: It takes too much time to get him back up to speed, and until you've memorized every inch of every level, you will constantly be losing momentum and then waiting slowly for Sonic to build up speed again. It's annoying. Sonic 4 avoids this by making it much easier to get back up to speed. They changed the physics in a good way, and then added the dash move and the homing attack to make the game flow better. Now there's less stop and go. Sonic 4 is easily the best Sonic game to date.

Bought a copy. $20 was cheap enough for me to bite for this game.

Considering the sonic fan in me spent $15 for Sonic 4 Ep 1, I call this a win.

I bought this for $40 in November based on some good reviews and I'm sorry I did. I prefer the Adventure games to this one. Stick with Sonic on the Nintendo handhelds that developer Dimps has done justice to, not these uncontrollable, unplayable, 3-d messes with odd 2-d gameplay thrown into the mix.

[quote name='chilimac']They changed the physics in Sonic 4 for a reason, because the physics they used in the Genesis Sonic games makes the games more frustrating than fun. In the Genesis Sonic games, Sonic doesn't want to stop, but when he does, the game reveals its biggest flaw: It takes too much time to get him back up to speed, and until you've memorized every inch of every level, you will constantly be losing momentum and then waiting slowly for Sonic to build up speed again. It's annoying. Sonic 4 avoids this by making it much easier to get back up to speed. They changed the physics in a good way, and then added the dash move and the homing attack to make the game flow better. Now there's less stop and go. Sonic 4 is easily the best Sonic game to date.[/QUOTE]

This post is full of so much fail it's ridiculous.:applause:

[quote name='Nohbdy']And this wasn't an issue years ago because...?[/QUOTE]

Because most Sonic players were ignorant children. Now these kids have all grown up and they have this idea of what Sonic is supposed to be, and now when a great Sonic game finally does comes along, they can't appreciate it because it doesn't play just like those crappy games they played when they were kids.

I, on the other hand, was old enough and experienced enough back then to understand that Sonic games were mediocre, and I also knew why they were. I'm not blinded by childhood nostalgia, so when I play a good Sonic game, I know it, and I can accept it for what it is.

I normally would stay entirely out of arguments such as this, but I would like to ad my opinion to the mix.

[startrant]
Sonic 4 was abysmal, the game is nothing more than a flashback to past Sonic games with the addition of terrible game play and physics. Nothing in Sonic 4 is original on any terms, at least Colors has a fun story, the game play is good, and the physics feel like they should for the most part as well.

I'm not trying to say Sonic Colors is the best game ever, but after all the bad Sonic games released over the years, Colors is the best of recent by far. Sonic Heroes was fun, but full of glitches and very unforgiving. Sonic 06 was nothing more than an alpha version it felt like, almost unplayable for anyone. Secret Rings was fun, and had a unique control style, even though the story was terrible. Lastly, Black Night... don't even get me started how bad that is. Sonic Colors is still the best hands down out of the modern games, it feels like all of the good from Sonic Unleashed without any of the bad. Anyone remember hunting for medals? I sure do, and it's why I stopped playing Unleashed, not to mention the night time levels were terrible and no fun.
[/endrant]

[quote name='chilimac']Sonic 4 is easily the best Sonic game to date.[/QUOTE]

As a lifelong Sonic fan, I respectfully and greatly disagree.

[quote name='JAlbertL']$15 is the magic number.[/QUOTE]

lol, same here. Sounds like the dialog is horrendous, and is geared towards 5-year olds.

I thought Sonic Colors was a waste of my time, but I still wouldn't wish Sonic 4 on anyone. What a turd Sonic 4 was.

Well, it wasn't THAT bad but it sure wasn't good.

If you've got a choice, and you can't or won't choose neither, get Colors.

[quote name='chilimac']Don't buy this unless your getting it for your kids. It's levels are short and automated, it's ridiculously easy, the Wisp and Carnival theme is childish, and most importantly it's not fun to play. Even for $20 I say pass on it. Get Sonic 4 instead.[/QUOTE]

Good thing my 5 year old son wants it. Personally, never was really a Sonic fan. It required too much fast twitch reaction than I really liked. The last game I played was Sonic Heroes, which wasn't bad but wasn't great either.

Don't undervalue your time. Sega should be paying you to waste time playing this wreck.

[quote name='Hakudoshi']I normally would stay entirely out of arguments such as this, but I would like to ad my opinion to the mix.

[startrant]
Sonic 4 was abysmal, the game is nothing more than a flashback to past Sonic games with the addition of terrible game play and physics. Nothing in Sonic 4 is original on any terms, at least Colors has a fun story, the game play is good, and the physics feel like they should for the most part as well.

I'm not trying to say Sonic Colors is the best game ever, but after all the bad Sonic games released over the years, Colors is the best of recent by far. Sonic Heroes was fun, but full of glitches and very unforgiving. Sonic 06 was nothing more than an alpha version it felt like, almost unplayable for anyone. Secret Rings was fun, and had a unique control style, even though the story was terrible. Lastly, Black Night... don't even get me started how bad that is. Sonic Colors is still the best hands down out of the modern games, it feels like all of the good from Sonic Unleashed without any of the bad. Anyone remember hunting for medals? I sure do, and it's why I stopped playing Unleashed, not to mention the night time levels were terrible and no fun.
[/endrant][/QUOTE]

This guy knows what's going on.

[quote name='Nohbdy']You know how everything sucked after Sonic Adventure 2 (with the exception of the GBA games and Colors DS)? This makes up for all that.[/QUOTE]
The GBA games sucked. Any of the 3D games were better than those awful games.

[quote name='rumblebear']This game sucks. Biggest issue is that sonic blends right into the background so it's very hard to tell where sonic is, especially when the screen is moving all over the place. Never had this kind of issue in all the past awful sonic games before.[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Sonic sucked since Adventure 1, really.

I disagree with everyone hailing this as the ONE SONIC GAME THAT'S PERFECT. It's still just rather dull and shoddy in most places. For $20 it isn't bad but it certainly isn't anything approaching a must play.[/QUOTE]
OBJECTION! No one has called this game "perfect." No game ever made is perfect.

[quote name='chilimac']Don't buy this unless your getting it for your kids. It's levels are short and automated, it's ridiculously easy, the Wisp and Carnival theme is childish, and most importantly it's not fun to play. Even for $20 I say pass on it. Get Sonic 4 instead.[/QUOTE]
To fully complete the game is very challenging. Sonic 4 is garbage compared to this game.

[quote name='chilimac']They changed the physics in Sonic 4 for a reason, because the physics they used in the Genesis Sonic games makes the games more frustrating than fun. In the Genesis Sonic games, Sonic doesn't want to stop, but when he does, the game reveals its biggest flaw: It takes too much time to get him back up to speed, and until you've memorized every inch of every level, you will constantly be losing momentum and then waiting slowly for Sonic to build up speed again. It's annoying. Sonic 4 avoids this by making it much easier to get back up to speed. They changed the physics in a good way, and then added the dash move and the homing attack to make the game flow better. Now there's less stop and go. Sonic 4 is easily the best Sonic game to date.[/QUOTE]
Please. Just please stop posting. :whistle2:#

I thought three was the magic number. ;)

With my backlog at the moment, $10 is more the magic number. :whistle2:(

Thank you OP! I've been wanting a new Sonic game lately and was tempted to pick up Sonic Unleashed from the GS sale. Glad I waited.

Trade in value has jumped back to 19.50

in for 49¢ rental

I'm sorry, but Sonic 4 was uninspired trash. It's like that episode of South Park where the experiment to clone Stan goes horribly wrong, and instead, a mentally challenged abomination is born. Yeah, that's pretty much Sonic 4.

With exception to a few mildly frustrating parts, I thoroughly enjoyed Sonic Colors. For the most part, it's a pretty solid game. Hell, I'd recommend it for $20.

Am I the only one here who liked Sonic 4? I thought sonic 4 was great (minus the reused graphics). Plus even though it's 4 worlds (or 12 levels), sonic 3 did come out at $50 with the same amount of levels.

I will even go as far to say I enjoyed it way more than new super mario bros.

bread's done
Back