sonic gems

mickeyp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was wondering if you would think sonic gems is a good buy for $20? I have it but have not opened it yet. Do you guys know where I could get it cheaper besides used at gamestop and BB (they did not have it)?

I also bought one piece pirates carnival for 4.99, is it worth that even?, because I saw it had bad reviews, the minigames sounded interesting though.

Target clearances are YMMV, don't feel ripped off.

Looks like you could get it for about $15 shipped from ebay/half/amazon, so $20 for a new game isn't bad. As to whether it's worth it, I have no idea, but I imagine you pretty much know what you're getting with these classic game collections.

The Kmart I bought Odama from a few days ago had a couple copies of Sonic Gems Collection marked down to $14.99 new. So you might want to check there if you're looking to it cheaper than $20.

Sonic R is a lot of fun and the main reason I wanted a Saturn (and the fact the Saturn was $30 new at TRU didn't hurt either). If the Gamecube version is just like it is on Saturn I think it's worth $20 with the addition of Sonic The Fighters.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Sonic R is a lot of fun and the main reason I wanted a Saturn (and the fact the Saturn was $30 new at TRU didn't hurt either). If the Gamecube version is just like it is on Saturn I think it's worth $20 with the addition of Sonic The Fighters.[/quote]

The GameCube version of Sonic R has a higher resolution than the Saturn version. The same crappy music soundtrack is included in the game. :)

It is definitely worth the money, but I would buy Sonic Mega Collection over Sonic Gems.

"but I would buy Sonic Mega Collection over Sonic Gems" why? + it is for my 51/2 year old, or should I just buy the new sonic game for the wii.

[quote name='mickeyp']"but I would buy Sonic Mega Collection over Sonic Gems" why? + it is for my 51/2 year old, or should I just buy the new sonic game for the wii.[/quote]

Sonic Mega Collection has all the mainstream Sonic games(Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles & etc.). While Sonic Gems Collection only has one Sonic game that's actually decent(Sonic CD), while the rest is a awful racing game, a poor man's Virtua Fighter and lame Game Gear games. Sonic CD was the only reason I bought the Gems Collection.

If you're deciding on the Collections or the Wii Sonic games. Wait for Sonic and the Secret Rings to price drop(usually happens after two months) and pick up both Collection games. You should be able to get both Collection games for $30(if you shop around) or pay $50 for something that will be $40-$35 in a few months.

I showed the videos on IGN to my son he seems to like the way Sonic and the Secret Rings looks. I hope the controls are not to hard for him.

I do have a $10 coupon for BB. I also have a $25 gift card for CC. I'll try and wait for a price drop though or sale.

I will return Sonic gems and I will wait, I am not spending $20 on only sonic CD. Thanks, Mickey

bread's done
Back