Sonic Generations (360/PS3) $37.49 at Amazon

With current Sonic team in charge, they probably fucked it up somehow

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 - Characters that aren't Sonic & Shadow, especially that purple doofus BIG
Sonic 2006 - Silver & a crapload of technical problems due to being rushed
Sonic Unleashed - Werehog bullcrap

Seems like the only ones that were any decent were the GBA & DS Sonics as they didn't deal with all these mishaps.

Before someone calls me a blind nostalgia fanboy, I despise the Genesis Sonics. Frankly they were overrated as hell, Streets of Rage made the Genesis what it was.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']With current Sonic team in charge, they probably fucked it up somehow

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 - Characters that aren't Sonic & Shadow, especially that purple doofus BIG
Sonic 2006 - Silver & a crapload of technical problems due to being rushed
Sonic Unleashed - Werehog bullcrap

Seems like the only ones that were any decent were the GBA & DS Sonics as they didn't deal with all these mishaps.

Before someone calls me a blind nostalgia fanboy, I despise the Genesis Sonics. Frankly they were overrated as hell, Streets of Rage made the Genesis what it was.
[/QUOTE]

So read some reviews then...

Sonic Generations Reviews

[quote name='drewspike']WTF, Amazon?? I pre-ordered this game yesterday, and while I'm glad that it arrived today, I'm pissed that the price has suddenly dropped.

Any chance Amazon will credit me the difference?[/QUOTE]

They should according to there pre-order price guarantee.

[quote name='iamsmart']That's a good price, but I think I can wait a little bit longer... Sonic Unleashed came out like a week before black friday and I ended up getting it for like $30 (maybe even less!) at amazon during their BF sale so given all of the sales it's possible this one might follow suit.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a 30-day return policy. If it goes lower on Black Friday and they won't price adjust for you, just buy it, then return using your old order. I don't think they charge you shipping or restocking fee.

Then of course, if the Black Friday price isn't lower, then you just missed out and have to wait even longer. It all depends on how long you are willing to wait, and if you want to take the gamble, haha.

[quote name='DDustiNN']Amazon has a 30-day return policy. If it goes lower on Black Friday and they won't price adjust for you, just buy it, then return using your old order. I don't think they charge you shipping or restocking fee.

Then of course, if the Black Friday price isn't lower, then you just missed out and have to wait even longer. It all depends on how long you are willing to wait, and if you want to take the gamble, haha.[/QUOTE]

Last year I called and had the difference adjusted into Amazon credit. I purchased Fling Smash in November and I forget how much the difference was but it was fairly substantial at least $20. I don't normally call on these type of things but being the purchase was only a few weeks apart and how much of a difference it was I did. You can always do what DDustiNN said though if they don't want to do anything for you.

[quote name='sonicemerald']I think this was a fake. or it could have been a skill (where you can stop no matter what the speed)[/QUOTE]

It's a skill, I forget what its called (Maybe 'Dead Stop' or something) but it allows you to do that. Doesn't work without the skill!!

To someone asking about the story: It's hokey, but its full of funny little nods to classic Sonic moments. The dialogue is actually pretty good (I'd say its on par with Colors) -- but the game isn't littered with cutscenes left and right at any rate (there are 13(!) movies total). Usually the only movies you see outside of the plot are Sonic's 'friends' revive and make a one or two line joke (or joke about how Sonic looks different if your Classic sonic!).

The voice work is equally as great -- I don't want to kill anybody who did VOs (maybe Classic Tails...maybe.)

[quote name='AugustAPC']I've already got 3 games on pre-order this month or I would jump on this without hesitating.

I'm so excited for this game and will without a doubt buy it before the year is over. I can't fucking wait to play it! It's everything I've been waiting for in a Sonic game. So glad he's back.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I have a 10 dollar skyrim credit. Might wait until an even lower price.😱

bread's done
Back