Sonic Generations for $30 and SSF4:AE for $20 PLUS 360 Console Deals!!!!!

Royal High Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
133 (100%)
Title says it all. I checked 360 versions only, so not sure on ps3. Amazon has SSF4:AE for $20 on ps3 and $25 for 360. Cheapest Ive seen for sonic.

Also I know most most of gotten a slim during all these BF and Cm sales, but the FF 13 and Splinter Cell 360's are $230. I believe both come with 250 GB and two controllers each. The one down side, its the fat console.

Most seem to be instore unless it states other wise.

Link below is to 360 price drops. They also show some other items that are somewhat cheap. The 4 I mentioned are my highlights.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/xbox-360?nav=28-xu0,1385-162

Last edited by a moderator:
OP Link doesn't work.
Same price for PS3 for both games and most likely same price for in store also.
Sorry, on my phone, can't post links.

Sonic is STILL on sale? I've been trying my best not to bite on this deal, because of my backlog. I did however try the demo the other day and was very impressed. Decisions.....

[quote name='wugenius']Sonic Generations is freaking awesome. It's sega's apology for everything after Sonic Adventure.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Never thought there would be another good sonic game. I'm blown away. I keep fighting the urge to buy it until sub $30.

[quote name='Hardware']Agreed! Never thought there would be another good sonic game. I'm blown away. I keep fighting the urge to buy it until sub $30.[/QUOTE]

Same, no in store pick up option.

So what are the chances of actually finding one of these console bundles in store. My nephew really wants an old style fat 360 for his birthday.

Easily the best Sonic game Sega has put out since the first Sonic Adventure and almost on par with the old Genesis games. I bought it for $30 and think it's worth the money.

Im guessing GS forgot to mark the price back up after BF. I would jump on this as soon as possible. $20 for SSFV AE isnt bad either. IS there any special if you buy the game new?

I played the demo and agree it is a good Sonic game, but for some reason I just dont see a reason to pick this up. I guess I remember Sonic too fondly from my youth and honestly the old games arent really any worse to me. Usually I love HD remakes and additions to classic franshises, but for some reason this one doesnt do it for me.

God I miss those classic Sega! commercials.

Jackpot! Closest store had a couple FF13 bundles in stock. Thanks OP. This is a way better deal than the 4GB slim my sister was going to get for him.

[quote name='trunks982']Sonic Colors wasnt THAT bad.[/QUOTE]

Very True. Sonic Colors was nice. Unleashed was nice too.....if only it had nothing but daytime levels. Bought Sonic Generations at full MSRP and don't regret it one bit.

I'd argue that Sonic Advance was the best title starring Sonic since Sonic 3 on genesis/Master System.

Sega came close on few occasions, with Generations they finally crafted a truly brilliant Sonic title rivaling any entry in the series. Hope this is a trend for console titles.

$30, it is worth it.

[quote name='HappyBruiser']So what are the chances of actually finding one of these console bundles in store. My nephew really wants an old style fat 360 for his birthday.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the chances, but it's kinda funny your nephew wants the fat 360. I just bought a slim 360 on BF to replace my jasper 360 which is working perfectly. It's just a noisy piece of hardware, yes even the jasper chipset model, which is already an improvement over my former xenon turbo jet engine launch unit which had red rings few years ago. So now I have the slim and the noise is greatly reduced even from the latest fat jasper unit. I can finally say it's as quiet as my launch PS3 which I have next to it. ;) I do have to say that the jasper 360 ejects less heat from its vents than the slim. It seems like the slim is running hotter. Maybe it's because the smaller case of the slim has less air flow. Not sure. At any rate, I think your nephew should get the slim unless he/she likes noisy hardware.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Not sure about the chances, but it's kinda funny your nephew wants the fat 360. I just bought a slim 360 on BF to replace my jasper 360 which is working perfectly. It's just a noisy piece of hardware, yes even the jasper chipset model, which is already an improvement over my former xenon turbo jet engine launch unit which had red rings few years ago. So now I have the slim and the noise is greatly reduced even from the latest fat jasper unit. I can finally say it's as quiet as my launch PS3 which I have next to it. ;) I do have to say that the jasper 360 ejects less heat from its vents than the slim. It seems like the slim is running hotter. Maybe it's because the smaller case of the slim has less air flow. Not sure. At any rate, I think your nephew should get the slim unless he/she likes noisy hardware.[/QUOTE]

He wants to use his old hard drive and he doesn't realize he can transfer everything over. I picked up the FF13 bundle, maybe I can convince him to use his old 20GB hard drive and had the new one over to me. :lol:

[quote name='HappyBruiser']He wants to use his old hard drive and he doesn't realize he can transfer everything over. I picked up the FF13 bundle, maybe I can convince him to use his old 20GB hard drive and had the new one over to me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

free hard drive upgrade is always good. :lol:

Tempted for sonic but releasing so close to other big titles I can't feel like its putting up big numbers. Ill wait for a drop.

Shit, deal's dead. I was gonna go out today (Sunday) and pick up Sonic Generations and pay for SSF4: AE online, but, nevermind. Didn't think it'd end on a Sunday.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Shit, deal's dead. I was gonna go out today (Sunday) and pick up Sonic Generations and pay for SSF4: AE online, but, nevermind. Didn't think it'd end on a Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Well, they extended it for over a week on the BF deals and you still didn't bite... no one to blame but youself. ;)

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Well, they extended it for over a week on the BF deals and you still didn't bite... no one to blame but youself. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, it was more that I was anticipating the return of a loan, and it was going to be a birthday present to myself. But you know, entirely my fault.

bread's done
Back