Sonic Generations pre-order - $37.50, FS - PS3 Amazon (TRU Dead)

I already pre-ordered @ Gamestop (for the exclusive stuff) but this is a pretty great price...
I think I'll throw down a pre-order for now and decide what I want to do before the end of October.

I really want that Euro LE too.....haha

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Probably because the U.S. Sonic fans bitch about how much Sonic sucks now that they most likely think it won't sell (read comments on news articles about it or message boards and you'll see what I mean). And it's a damn shame because I'm a huge Sonic fan and would pay high dollar for that. :cry:

This is a great deal, but like I just said, I want the collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

I'm an fairly sure that has nothing to do with it. :lol:

[quote name='oiskaio']How about the fact that it comes out on the EXACT same day as Uncharted 3 ... that can't end well either. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not everyone's a shooter zombie, though the Uncharted series is one of the best in millions of shooters released each year, imo. I'm not getting it on day one unless Amazon or someone throws in a $20 credit or something because shooters are a dime a dozen.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Probably because the U.S. Sonic fans bitch about how much Sonic sucks now that they most likely think it won't sell (read comments on news articles about it or message boards and you'll see what I mean). And it's a damn shame because I'm a huge Sonic fan and would pay high dollar for that. :cry:

This is a great deal, but like I just said, I want the collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

There's always fleabay, especially you are willing to pay high dollars. ;)

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']I'm really interested in this but also extremely wary of the dreaded Sonic cycle.

Probably will wait for the reviews and a BF sale. It looks awesome and I enjoyed the demo though.[/QUOTE]
Enough with the stupid Sonic Cycle. It was already broken by there not being any new friends and hope hasn't hit the ground(as stated in the 2nd part of the cycle).

[quote name='juanawoman']Enough with the stupid Sonic Cycle. It was already broken by there not being any new friends and hope hasn't hit the ground(as stated in the 2nd part of the cycle).[/QUOTE]

The Sonic Cycle got a one-two punch with Unleashed and Colors. Unleashed had solid daytime gameplay, though the level design gets progressively worse as you go through the story. I thought Colors was really good all around though.

[quote name='o_O']It's a pinball game with a tiny board that will eventually be ~$2 paid DLC. I'm fine with passing on it for now.[/QUOTE]

Is that from information you've read, or just speculation? If it's really not going to be exclusive I'll consider buying from amazon. Otherwise I think I'll probably pre-order from Gamestop. I need something to get my kids hooked on pinball. Sonic might do it. :)

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Not everyone's a shooter zombie, though the Uncharted series is one of the best in millions of shooters released each year, imo. I'm not getting it on day one unless Amazon or someone throws in a $20 credit or something because shooters are a dime a dozen. [/QUOTE]

Oh I wasn't trying to imply that everyone was. I was just adding onto the post on the first page that noted that even the fact that the game exists will get buried because of BF3 and MW3... to which I noted that it coming out on the same day as Uncharted 3 probably wouldn't help because of the media blitz that's sure to happen.

For instance I had no clue this game was coming out because I plan on buying the 3 above games.... and now I have a 4th game (Sonic) that I need to pick up. Simply stating that there are probably tons of people like myself who don't even know this is coming out and won't because of the hype around the other 3. that was all i intended! :D

since amazon seems to be dragging it's feet on the 360 version, i went ahead and preordered the ps3 version.

Colors really gave me hope for the sonic series again, willing to take a chance on this one

[quote name='thetruelokre']since amazon seems to be dragging it's feet on the 360 version, i went ahead and preordered the ps3 version.
[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing. Maybe their PS3 pre-order numbers are lagging behind the 360 so this is a good way to bump those numbers up? That's all I can think of as to why they won't match on 360 as well.

amazon almost always does ps3 pricematch only. it seems unless its their deal, whenever they actually match a multiplatform game from another store, ps3 is always first or the only one that they do

[quote name='SativaSam']They're picking a really bad time to release a new Sonic... right in between Battlefield 3 and MW3...this can't end well.[/QUOTE]
Because those cater to the same demographic?

I could understand you saying that Battlefield will fail because it's going against Modern Warfare because it's the same demographic but Sonic is for little kids and people who are too nostalgic to see how bad the franchise has failed in the last decade and a half.

I'm kind of on the fence on where to get Sonic Generations from. I'm juggling on if Gamestop's pre order bonus of the pinball mini game is worth $12.50 if I get the PS3 version.

Then again, if I do go to Gamestop, probably should get the Xbox 360 version since there is an avatar costume for Super Sonic.

So the question in my mind is $12.50 more worth it for pinball mini game that will hopefully be available in the future and a costume on the Xbox 360 from Gamestop? More specifically, is the avatar costume worth it?

I also don't play my Xbox 360 as much though.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm kind of on the fence on where to get Sonic Generations from. I'm juggling on if Gamestop's pre order bonus of the pinball mini game is worth $12.50 if I get the PS3 version.

Then again, if I do go to Gamestop, probably should get the Xbox 360 version since there is an avatar costume for Super Sonic.

So the question in my mind is $12.50 more worth it for pinball mini game that will hopefully be available in the future and a costume on the Xbox 360 from Gamestop? More specifically, is the avatar costume worth it?

I also don't play my Xbox 360 as much though.[/QUOTE]

That sure-to-be-$3-DLC-and-GameStop-refuses-to-price-match-deals is such a rip. Don't buy it from Gamestop.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']That sure-to-be-$3-DLC-and-GameStop-refuses-to-price-match-deals is such a rip. Don't buy it from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right, least about the availability of that pinball DLC in the future. I'll pay $2.99 for it. I really want is the avatar costume to be available on the Playstation 3 for my PS Home character.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm kind of on the fence on where to get Sonic Generations from. I'm juggling on if Gamestop's pre order bonus of the pinball mini game is worth $12.50 if I get the PS3 version.

I also don't play my Xbox 360 as much though.[/QUOTE]
FYI, the pinball code prints on the receipt and GS has a 30-day return policy. Power to the players.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, the pinball code prints on the receipt and GS has a 30-day return policy. Power to the players.[/QUOTE]

:lol:. Thanks!

The TRU preorder isn't 37.50 so its dead I guess? I want the 360 version but Amazon pmed the PS3 version. I preordered a ps3 version but I guess I could do a switch at Walmart correct?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The framerate has been fixed greatly, as the demo at Gamefest showed, lukily.
This game is truly looking awesome. It could be the best Sonic game made since '98.[/QUOTE]
sonic colors was a darn good sonic game!

[quote name='snowmint']The TRU preorder isn't 37.50 so its dead I guess? I want the 360 version but Amazon pmed the PS3 version. I preordered a ps3 version but I guess I could do a switch at Walmart correct?[/QUOTE]

If you want to commit return fraud and have the ire of people on this site, sure, scam away!

[quote name='snowmint']The TRU preorder isn't 37.50 so its dead I guess? I want the 360 version but Amazon pmed the PS3 version. I preordered a ps3 version but I guess I could do a switch at Walmart correct?[/QUOTE]

i would avoid talking about this here...most people dont survive :D

bread's done
Back