Sonic Rush Adventure confirmed for DS

redsox6391

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Press Release

The vehicles idea sounds neat, and I like the way the graphics look, nice and polished.

thumb_1718sra_logo_031507_final_copy.jpg

thumb_Sonic_Rush_Adventure_Nintendo_DSScreenshots8338image0054_copy.jpg
thumb_Sonic_Rush_Adventure_Nintendo_DSScreenshots8339image0073_copy.jpg
thumb_Sonic_Rush_Adventure_Nintendo_DSScreenshots8340image0088_copy.jpg

Sonic_Rush_Adventure_Nintendo_DSScreenshots8341image0096_copy.jpg
Sonic_Rush_Adventure_Nintendo_DSScreenshots8342image0110_copy.jpg

Interesting. I still need to buy Sonic Rush, myself. Not sure how I feel about the 3-D type screens, though.

Vehicles?

Ugh.

Attention developers: Stop forcing 3D onto DS games just because you can. This is getting as bad as when every developer tried to shoehorn touch screen support into every single game.

I still don't like the 3D on 2D, the backgrounds look just as bland as they did in Rush. 2.5D like Klonoa would have looked great.

Storywise, Pirates and Captain Whiskers (and Arabian Nights for that matter) aren't the direction I would have liked to see Sonic games go. Oh well.

And vehicles? It always worries me when games list vehicles as a new feature. Because that always goes well.

Still, I was a big fan of Rush. Best 2D Sonic since S3&K, but still leagues behind. So I hope this turns out well too.

I still gotta buy Sonic Rush. Look at it basically every time I'm in a store but just haven't bought it yet.

The 2D looks good, the 3D does not.

And it's a rather dumb name for a sequel.

Plus whatever happened to Sega going "We want to take a break from Sonic and reinvent him"?

[quote name='Foolman']Just to note, this isn't being done by the Sonic Rush developer(Dimps).[/quote]As long as Sonic Team isn't doing it, there's hope.

I'm concerned about the "Adventure" part though.

Hopefully the lame-looking adventure part is either not as lame as it looks, or a just a very small portion of the game.

For what it's worth, Sonic Rush is the best Sonic game since S3&K.

I think Sega "reinventing" Sonic was more about on the consoles since most of the recent console versions haven't been very good and probably didn't sell well. Sonic Rush got good reviews and probably sold well, so why not make a sequel.

Who doesn't like pirates?

I was pleasantly surprised by Sonic Rush. While far from perfect, it was more of what I like to see on the DS. Regarding the Sonic Rush Adventure screens: the 2D screenshots = nice, and the 3D screenshots = meh. Maybe the 'jetski' levels are bonus minigames or something?

Sonic Rush Adventure will make full use of the DS Download Play feature and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which enables gamers to compete with friends in wireless racing and mission-based battles.

fucking finally. I have been waiting for an online Sonic game for FOREVER.

Must buy game for me.

[quote name='whoknows']fucking finally. I have been waiting for an online Sonic game for FOREVER.

Must buy game for me.[/quote]

Yo ass is mine then son!

WHERE IS THE PROMO BONUS???? man id freaking kill for that sonic 15th anniversary statue. i have the plush and wrist band only

[quote name='dmaul1114']Got scores in the 7.0-7.5 range in the new EGM (don't have it handy to post the exact scores).[/quote]

Close enough. Just another 7.0. I hate EGM's reviews. Especially this one. They completely glossed over the fact that this game has a wi-fi mode for online competition and leader boards. The 100 challenges, and all the collectiable crap.

That clearly bumps the game up into 8/9.0 tereritory. But EGM made NO mention of these things. Some fucking review I say. IGN UK's review is much better.

Both Eurogamer and IGN have called this the best Sonic in years. I'm not an especially big Sonic fan, but I liked Rush alright for $15, so I may actually pick this up when it comes out.

bread's done
Back