Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing(PS3) $20 at Amazon

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']360 version has better framerates but tears more. PS3 looks more solid but drops frames when things get hectic. The scale of these differences is actually small so you should be happy with whatever version you get.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox360-vs-ps3-round-25-face-off?page=3[/QUOTE]

Better framerate for the 360 or more solid? PS3 version has an uncapped framerate, so it reaches higher FPS, it just doesn't stay that way. :lol:

[quote name='Jonsoncao']does PS3 version have anything similar to avatar support in 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Why would it? There is no universal avatar system on the PS3 (thank God). The closest thing we have are PS Home avatars and those would look retarded in a kart racer.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why would it? There is no universal avatar system on the PS3 (thank God). The closest thing we have are PS Home avatars and those just look retarded.[/QUOTE]

Fixed your last sentence for you.

[quote name='Donut2922']This is already $19.99 at BB (at least on BB.com that is which will PM it's own website) - no need to pricematch to Amazon[/QUOTE]

A lot of people don't have to pay tax to Amazon not to mention a lot of people have Prime accounts, so for some people this is a better deal. I bought mine from Best Buy personally because of the reward zone points.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Fixed your last sentence for you.[/QUOTE]

I think PS Home avatars have more customization than most other avatar systems I've seen out there. Hell, I'd argue it has more customization than most games. You can change every aspect of your facial structure for instance. They might not look as realistic as a character in current video games, but they're far from looking retarded. I'd also choose them any day over the XBL ones (which are getting a makeover to look more realistic actually).

[quote name='Todd33']Good for 4-6 year olds? ModNation is just too complex for them.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes they will be fine with this game. It's pretty straight forward.

The PS3 version is still at $19.99. I'm really thinking of getting this...is the game really that good?

If I do, I have to get something else for FSSS...thinking of coupling it with either a $10 PSN card or The Saboteur for $18.96.

Worth it?

If you like cart racers, it's very well done. If you're a Sega fan, it's a blast to see some of the environments in HD.

Very much worth it if you're in either of those groups.

[quote name='Justin42']If you like cart racers, it's very well done. If you're a Sega fan, it's a blast to see some of the environments in HD.

Very much worth it if you're in either of those groups.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I'm a HUGE old school Sega fan. Just wanted to make sure the game was a well made kart racer too. Also, I just noticed the Chrono Cross topic for $10 new! I just found my new filler item. :)

bread's done
Back