Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection PS3 - $27.99 @ NewEgg.com

If you don't mind waiting 1-2 weeks for amazon.com to get this out to you. Their free shipping takes ages. It's often a week before they even process and ship out your order.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Theres a 5 page+ thread about it being $25 last week. Where were you guys?[/quote]

Well, that offer was only available at Fry's and if you weren't lucky enough to have one nearby then shipping online destroyed this deal.

Also, the thread was marked with a :360: icon, and said "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 360" so anyone who assumed that it was for the 360 only couldn't see that the PS3 version is $25 on the site too.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']If you don't mind waiting 1-2 weeks for amazon.com to get this out to you. Their free shipping takes ages. It's often a week before they even process and ship out your order.[/quote]
....Only takes 90 minutes for Amazon to confirm my orders & ship them out before 5 PM every day. 2 days for free shipping.

Then again, I have Prime.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']....Only takes 90 minutes for Amazon to confirm my orders & ship them out before 5 PM every day. 2 days for free shipping.

Then again, I have Prime.[/QUOTE]

I'm speaking of their "free" shipping, of course. And you aren't getting 2 day "free shipping" with Prime. You pay I think 79 bucks a year. I had it a couple of years ago by accident when I forgot to cancel before my free trial was up. I made good use of it, but it certainly isn't free.

[quote name='lpescato']this game would be well worth 60 dollars. i recommend it to anyone![/quote]

I disagree. Played every game on here and about 75%+ I owned originally. I was very excited when I finally received the game, but nostalgia is a bitch. I soon realized how over-simplistic and just plain bad some of these games were. I remembered Altered Beast as being some cutting-edge kick ass action game...only to be smacked in the face by reality.

I will say I still enjoy Phantasy Star II and Congo Bongo (which I used to play in the arcade when it was brand new).

The game is MAYBE worth $25-$30...but I would never agree with $60.

Altered Beast sucked when it came out and it sucks today. I remember getting Altered Beast as a pack-in when I bought my Genesis. I played it once and threw it back in the box after that. Brutal game and it's hard to believe some people actually enjoyed it. I picked up this collection mainly for the SOR and Golden Axe games. I still find those fun even today, but they can't touch Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']>>I'm speaking of their "free" shipping, of course.
>>And you aren't getting 2 day "free shipping" with Prime. You pay I think 79 bucks a year. I had it a couple of years ago by accident when I forgot to cancel before my free trial was up. I made good use of it,
>>but it certainly isn't free.[/quote]
...:roll:

Uber you did kindof sound snobby about it. Well umm it takes this long to get out and only two days. OMG it's not that slow.

Then again I have prime..... What you replied to wasn't about prime.

Although I've used their free shipping alot and it hasn't taken a week. Id much rather order from newegg, their free shipping is awesome and I always order before noon so they get it out the same day.

hmmm,well i loved altered beast and still do, along with sonic, vectorman, streets of rage, etc etc...having a good time with it! sorry if anyone disagrees. but then again i picked up lego star wars for 15 and love that game too.

[quote name='Nirron']Well, that offer was only available at Fry's and if you weren't lucky enough to have one nearby then shipping online destroyed this deal.

Also, the thread was marked with a :360: icon, and said "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 360" so anyone who assumed that it was for the 360 only couldn't see that the PS3 version is $25 on the site too.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, this is also available for XBox 360 at the same price at NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874163035

I bought it from amazon with free shipping and it took 3 days to ship to me

Free shipping never takes more than a week for me.

bread's done
Back