Sonic vs Excite Truck

cleaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
349 (100%)
I just couldn't get into Excite Truck (rented it, didn't want to play a 2nd time), but I'm totally digging Sonic (rented it, went ahead and bought it).

Might want to edit the poll so, you know, it doesn't have spelling or grammatical errors.

I enjoy Excite Truck quite a bit. I've played Sonic for about three minutes.

Only played both briefly, but neither seemed my cup of tea. Just not a fan of holding the remote sideways and using it like a steering wheel. It just doesn't click with me and doesn't immerse me in the game as I just feel stupid holding it and tilting it.

Particularly in Excite Truck where I mentally compare it to playing a racing game with a wheel and the controls just seem hugely lame in comparison.

Excite Truck. Sonic relies too much on memorization of the levels. Excite Truck I can instantly jump in and play and get instant enjoyment.

That's a pretty tough call, since, despite some similarites, one is still a platformer and the other a racing title.

I enjoyed both, and had I written a review for Excite Truck, probably would've given it about the same rating as Sonic (~8.5). Neither title is flawless nor could probably be ranked as "Must Have!" by the end of the life-cycle of the Wii, but for now they're both good investments.

I think in the end I enjoyed Sonic more, but Excite Truck is a great game that deserves another look down the line (perhaps at the next big sale?).

I've spent far more time with Excite Truck than I have Sonic (I always buy games then get into them months later - I'm still on a huge break from Zelda, I haven't even reached the 2nd dungeon yet, nor have I finished any other Wii game I have including the titles I got 11/19), but I'd say Sonic is the more fun overall. As boyward said, I'm not a huge fan of it relying so much on memory, but it's a fun game with plenty of unique elements. Same goes for Excite Truck, but I think Sonic is a title I'll come back to down the road, while Excite Truck probably won't see much time once I complete it.

Next: Chocolate pie vs. Pizza

I like them both, but they can't really be compared since they're completely different games (I also like both chocolate pie and pizza).

Neither one will get much play from me after I beat them (I'm trying to beat excite truck now, with all S ranks, so I can get rid of it, it's a great game and I'd love to play it every once in a while, but like usual I wouldn't ever have time since I'll have many more games to play....), but they're both good at what they're doing.

[quote name='SpazX']Next: Chocolate pie vs. Pizza
[/quote]

How is that even a competition? Chocolate pie is the red-headed stepchild of the illustrious pie family. Creamy pies of any kind should be stricken from the face of the earth.

I don't know if you should be allowed to eat pizza again.

Oh, and Excite Truck.

I didn't like Excite Truck the first time I played it. Turns out I just didn't like the truck I was racing with. I gave it another chance and tried a different truck and have been hooked ever since. I don't have Sonic but the other game I have, Rayman, has gone mostly untouched since I gave ET that second chance.

[quote name='zyblorg']How is that even a competition? Chocolate pie is the red-headed stepchild of the illustrious pie family. Creamy pies of any kind should be stricken from the face of the earth.[/quote]

Not chocolate jell-o pudding pie with a graham cracker crust and cool whip. That's the ultimate chocolate pie.

[quote name='SpazX']Not chocolate jell-o pudding pie with a graham cracker crust and cool whip. That's the ultimate chocolate pie.[/quote]
No, that's pudding with crackers, fool. Not pie.

That settles it. If ever I see you eating pizza, I'm slapping that slice out of your hand. You seriously don't deserve pizza pie, pudding lover.

[quote name='SpazX']Not chocolate jell-o pudding pie with a graham cracker crust and cool whip. That's the ultimate chocolate pie.[/quote]

o_O

Dude, go to Marie Calendars...

[quote name='zyblorg']No, that's pudding with crackers, fool. Not pie.[/quote]
It's a congealed substance with a crust, like a pie. Don't blame me because you haven't experienced its awesomeness

Excite Truck for a couple reasons.

(1) I like racing games, flying throught the air, smashing things, etc (although Sonic has some of that stuff too)

(2) It is fun in multiplayer.

(3) I have not played Sonic! That should be an option in the poll, of only playing one of them that is.

WrestleCrap'sRD;2721939 said:
So does Sonic play anything like Excite Truck? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but several reviews have made mention of it...

RD
It controls like it (tilt to move left and right). It really feels like it's 3 parts platformer, one part Panzer Dragoon, and one part arcade racer.

bread's done
Back