Sony 3D PSX Display 24" 1080p LED 240hz - $100 shipped from newegg on eBay.com

Hey guys

I didn't see if this was supposed to be here or in the other deals area because its a TV, but its also specifically a "playstation" product because it has simulcast.

Anyway, these are the best set Ive ever seen, especially for sony ps3 gaming, but their initial quality run as many of us know were shit: 10% have the good ones, 90% have the RLOD, and 50% of those actually had theirs refurbished by sony and 25% of those stayed working and still do apparently.

Now, while theres a high likelihood, the set will break soon, the $100 price is worth it considering its newegg and ebay and sony refurbished, which apparently many say are working and fine now, but sony is just selling them for $100 to unload them to recoup for parts

Now, this has come up over the past few years. I bought my first one at the first big price drop in 2012 for $400 with extra pair of glasses and 3 games. That died in a week, and I tried another set, which I gave up, but since then, ive seen this drop and drop , 300, 200, 150, and finally $100.

Now ive always opposed recommending this but like I said, you have

ebay buyer protection

paypal buyer protection

newegg customer service

credit card protection if you have that

and finally, this is probably the last time well see a big retailer selling this, in other words I think thisll be the last lot of good working refurbished models (read open box/new)

Sony had a great product but poor quality control on this one, and ive protested the deal everytime it dropped $100, but I realize its worth one last shot and I wanted to relay it

Let me know what you think guys, is it worth it? just pass n move on, still best 3d display, especially at price point IMO, if it workS!! lol

I bought this last week. Got it three days later and it was in perfect condition. Manufacture date of August 2011. No pixel issues and the 3D is great. Bought two pairs of glasses from Amazon for $21 each. Factory sealed with Prime shipping (King Beardo). Haven't had any issues with it. It automatically sets itself with the PS3/4 so no needing to go into system settings. That said, the speakers suck. I did research on this and have a USB fan plugged into the set's USB port and blowing into the vent ports on the sets back left side. Also turned the backlight down to 8/10. Gorgeous picture and hope this works for a long while. Oh, and no remote, but any Sony remote works perfectly fine. Used an old DVD remote. Best $100 I've spent in a while. Worth it just for 3D movies and games.

Hmm, sounds kind of like a crappy deal then - Sony Bravia glasses will work on it but not with Simulview (which you may or may not care about)

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2610/~/playstation-3d-display-info-and-faqs
Well I just needed a tv. Don't even have any 3d movies. Just curious. Maybe someday I'll get a 3d movie to try it out.

I actually want one of these, but the highly reflective surface and prone to failure is a big letdown. Might as well get an computer monitor instead.
I concur on the reflective surface. Everytime the screen goes black during a loading screen, I see my naked body on the tv. Not a pretty sight.

I've had mine a year and a month now, and it hasn't failed at all. Got it used rather than refurbished though, for about $175.

I should note since people have been calling it a "TV" that this has no tuner, so it's not a TV. You may be able to use it with some sort of cable box that has built-in channel switching, I wouldn't know as I don't have that. It does have component input along with two HDMI ports, the former feature is unusual in computer monitors and is good if you have a Wii or PS2 you want to plug into it.

Bought one the day after this was posted, and just got it today, so i believe that was 3 days. Quick and this screen is sharper then my old monitor, now I have 3 screen display and I am so happy. Thanks OP

Got one of these during the BB $100 deal.  I wouldn't mind another one but I'm seeing $135 not $100 :/

WARRANTY ???? Lil help please

AND YOUR WELCOME FOR POST...LEAST SOMEONE CAN DO IS GIMME AN OPINION ON SQUARE TRADE ??!???

I mean SHIT I ONLY ASKED TWEBTY WAYS LOL LOL ROFL LMFAO

We can't make up your mind. There has been a good discussion about the pros and cons of this monitor.

No one owes you an answer to a question only you can answer- How bad will you feel if it breaks in 11 months and you're out $100?

Why don't you call Squaretrade and ask them about prices, policies, deductibles, and see if it makes sense to you?

I was simply asking what square trade does in the event of this monitor not working friend .That's all, and yes, if I begin a discussion and post a deal, I should get at least a reply if everyone else is partaking in my thread in some way or other. If I help you , don't you think you can help me too ( especially Because I don't understand what square trade, Sony, and newegg do since there aren't replacements )..

As In does anyone have experience with this monitor and square trade, particularly in the event of malfunction(RLOD)?

bread's done
Back