Sony Blu-Ray B2G1F mail-in 3/16-4/17

dafunkk12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Credit to TomSelleck on highdefdigest forum.

Sony's started a new iteration of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free mail-in offer, this time valid on purchases made 3/16/08-4/17/08. Buy any 2 from list and receive 1 in the mail after $2.99 shipping fee. Requests must be made by 5/1/08.
  • Superbad
  • Daddy Day Camp
  • Surf's Up
  • Across the Universe
  • We Own the Night
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Walk Hard
  • The Water Horse
  • Dragon Wars
  • Gattaca
  • Dogma
  • Resident Evil - Extinction

Rebate form:
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/blurayoffertax/

Fine print says "Not valid in conjunction with any other offer." Who knows how well that will be enforced, but there are several other B1G1F or B2G1F deals going on this week for maximum value, like: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175050

Previous deal:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166947

[quote name='Pookymeister']I'll probably try this if my last one goes through.[/quote]

Has anyone been able to use the same addr, etc for this offer during more than one offer period? Was wondering if each offer is separate even though the address is the same--or if it is one per address, period.

Jeez! I've been doing really good on saving receipts but I cannot find my 30 days of night receipt! Could someone PM me a copy of their receipt? They do take copies on those and you can blur or blank out any information you want. I would really appreciate it!

[quote name='lurknomore']Only one address per Sony offer. If the PO Box address is the same for the offer, and it has been, you must use a different address.[/quote]

:cry: I used the same addy on my 2nd submission(first one done in Nov, second Feb). Guess ill have to contact support and see if it got trashed

[quote name='MastaGamer']Sweet, just got Gattaca and 30 Days of Night the other day. Time to get a freebie[/quote]

But this won't work right? The purchases have to be made from 3/16 on, so purchases made before today won't qualify. Am I right? Cause I hope I'm wrong since I bought 30 Days last week.

[quote name='metallicoholic']But this won't work right? The purchases have to be made from 3/16 on, so purchases made before today won't qualify. Am I right? Cause I hope I'm wrong since I bought 30 Days last week.[/QUOTE]

Aww man that sux, cuzI just bought Gattaca from last Tuesday (3/11). I guess have to do return and rebuy.

[quote name='metallicoholic']But this won't work right? The purchases have to be made from 3/16 on, so purchases made before today won't qualify. Am I right? Cause I hope I'm wrong since I bought 30 Days last week.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I misread the fine print earlier. My bad. Now I'm really upset ha

I hate how they don't backdate the offer to when some of the newest ones were released. In essence, you lose out if you bought it on release day, like "Across the Universe" and "30 Days of Night". I got them from Amazon so it's not like I'm going to return/rebuy.

[quote name='dafunkk12']
  • Surf's Up
  • Across the Universe
  • We Own the Night
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Dogma
[/QUOTE]

I'll have to keep my eye out for deals on these...

WTH I bought five of those on their release dates.
I probably be getting Cox. Might as well pick up Water Horse too. But then there isn' t anything on the list I dont have.

[quote name='shadowrage']WTH I bought five of those on their release dates.
I probably be getting Cox. Might as well pick up Water Horse too. But then there isn' t anything on the list I dont have.[/QUOTE]

Re-buy them, use the former receipt(s) to return the new ones you just bought and use the new receipt for the rebate.

Sweet, only one question though... If you jumped on the previous B2G1 rebate offer (the one ended in Feb), are you good to jump on this rebate offer? By that i mean you don't have to use your uncle/brother/friends' addresses...

[quote name='Serpentor']Sweet, only one question though... If you jumped on the previous B2G1 rebate offer (the one ended in Feb), are you good to jump on this rebate offer? By that i mean you don't have to use your uncle/brother/friends' addresses...[/quote]It's only an issue for multiple submissions of the same rebate. Single submissions of multiple rebates is OK.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's only an issue for multiple submissions of the same rebate. Single submissions of multiple rebates is OK.[/quote]

thanks! i thought so... this is a new rebate on its own, so i don't think there are problems.

Someone confirm that they have in fact been able to use two of these different offers at the same address and actually received both of their free Blu-rays. Not gonna destroy my UPCs unless it is an absolute certainty that it will not be pointless.

[quote name='TubeRacer']Not gonna destroy my UPCs unless it is an absolute certainty that it will not be pointless.[/quote]

It's actually the smaller Proof of Purchase box, not UPC.

[quote name='TubeRacer']Ok yeah but still, not a fan of cutting up my movies' covers.[/quote]

Trust me, the tiny little tab is hardly noticeable... Come to think of it, it's pointless cutting it out. Why? The whole point of cutting it out is too "mark" the case as being used for rebate and thus can't exchange or return for another copy. But the tiny tab doesn't serve such purpose at all. I'm sure there are some anal CAG lurkers cut them out and exchange for another one, which is totally pointless other than wasting time.

I was told, that if it is the same P.O. Box that it was the same offer...can someone else call TriStar Fulfillment and find out definitively once again.

I just bought Dogma on the 12th, so I might go return/rebuy that today. And I'll grab a copy of Superbad from my work and return it before the 90 day return policy is up, considering I already own it, so I'll just mail that receipt with the Proof of Purchase, haha.

Free copy of 30 Days of Night, here I come.

Question: Can I send in two separate receipts for this? I bought 30 Days of Night at one store, and then Superbad at another, it doesn't say you can't have two, but at one point it sounds like they should be on the same receipt.

Sony just cashed my check for the third rebate offer. (This currentr one is the fourth.) So I've submitted three rebates and have had two fulfilled and one more on its way.

Two of my submittions have been on separate receipts. My last one was from an order on Amazon.

I have my fingers crossed that I'll be getting Damages.

just noticed that my check was cashed for the last one (asked for Damages).

Used the same address I used the first time, so looks like that went OK.

Might have to look out for deals on this offer now that I know im cool.

[quote name='Pookymeister']just noticed that my check was cashed for the last one (asked for Damages).

Used the same address I used the first time, so looks like that went OK.

Might have to look out for deals on this offer now that I know im cool.[/quote]Mine was cashed on the 25th, though no activity since that on the checkmyrebates.com website. Last time, they received it on 12/3, processed it on 12/4 and then shipped out on 12/5. Not expecting that this time around, unfortunately.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Been thinking about getting Dogma and Gattaca. Not really interested in any of the other movies, but for $3, I might bite.[/quote]I picked up those two as my purchased movies, and I'm probably going to do my freebies as Superbad/30 Days/something else as my 1st/2nd/3rd choices.

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine was cashed on the 25th, though no activity since that on the checkmyrebates.com website. Last time, they received it on 12/3, processed it on 12/4 and then shipped out on 12/5. Not expecting that this time around, unfortunately.[/quote]

Just checked the site now and see

" Your SONY PICTURES FREE BLU RAY HD MOVIE JANUARY 2 offer was received on 3/25/2008"

Jan 2 sounds a bit off

[quote name='Pookymeister']Just checked the site now and see

" Your SONY PICTURES FREE BLU RAY HD MOVIE JANUARY 2 offer was received on 3/25/2008"

Jan 2 sounds a bit off[/quote]That's when the promotion started, in January, though it's on the 20th. I think the field above is only big enough to have the "2" from the 20th show up.

I just had mine returned to me with "Box Closed - Promotion Expired - Return to Sender" on the envelope. They didn't even open it. Did anyone else experience this? I sent it in on 3/18/08 and just got it back today.

I double checked and the address is correct, it matches the current rebate. I checked highdefdigest.com and one other person had the same problem there.

Any thoughts?

I got 30 Days of Night today, so I've got one covered. Only problem, there's not 2 other movies on that list that interest me at all. No go for me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are you guys sending in the UPC code as proof of purchase or the little tabs that say "proof of purchase"?[/quote]

The little "proof of purchase" tab on the bottom corner.

[quote name='rkndkn']The little "proof of purchase" tab on the bottom corner.[/QUOTE]

Me too. And they never even opened my envelope. It's just stamped "refused" and "promotion expired."

[quote name='TubeRacer']They just cashed both of my $3.50 checks, better actually get my movies now.[/QUOTE]

Is this the March - April promotion? If so, can you tell me where you sent it? Mine was sent to New Jersey and was refused.

[quote name='hwong3']Is this the March - April promotion? If so, can you tell me where you sent it? Mine was sent to New Jersey and was refused.[/QUOTE]

I used the one before the most recent one since I wanted a chance at getting Close Encounters. So I just sent it to the address on this form:

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/bluraymailoffer_v3/SuperbowlFSIRebateForm.pdf

It looks like the address is the same as the one of the current rebate, so I dunno what to tell you. Either you wrote the address wrong or maybe just SOL?

[quote name='TubeRacer']I used the one before the most recent one since I wanted a chance at getting Close Encounters. So I just sent it to the address on this form:

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/bluraymailoffer_v3/SuperbowlFSIRebateForm.pdf

It looks like the address is the same as the one of the current rebate, so I dunno what to tell you. Either you wrote the address wrong or maybe just SOL?[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the same address as I used in the new rebate as well. Good luck, let me know if yours goes through. There's been a bunch of reports around the internet of people having the same problem I had with this newest rebate. I think Sony might have closed it down early.

[quote name='Pookymeister']can anyone get results from http://checkmyrebate.com/Status.asp?

I just typed in my info and im not getting any hits. Last i looked I had two results, from two different submissions.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, my sub isn't coming up either anymore...however, I saved a direct link to my submission, and it might be cached into your 'net history, but it comes up that way. I don't think this rebate is going to come through.

[quote name='lurknomore']Uh oh, my sub isn't coming up either anymore...however, I saved a direct link to my submission, and it might be cached into your 'net history, but it comes up that way. I don't think this rebate is going to come through.[/QUOTE]

In light of the fact that they're refusing submissions without even opening them and people can't track their submissions anymore, I'm guessing they pulled the plug on this. Very upsetting. :(

bread's done
Back