Sony Brand memory card or...?

Spades22

CAGiversary!
Well I saw 2 sony brand memory cards at walmart for around 35 bucks I think. 8 MB each, 2 in 1 package deal. Then there was I think a single 8 MB memory card for 25 bucks. Also I saw a 64 mb NOT Sony brand card, MAX maybe or something like that I forget, for 40 dollars (These are canadian prices). Just so you know I plan on playing the following games so you know how much memory I need:

Both Kingdom Hearts
Jak1,2,3
Ratchet 1,2,3
Sly 1,2,3
FFX, FFX-2
Dark Cloud 1/2
Radiata Stories
Okami
Maybe eventually Valkyrie Profile 2 and Xenosaga series if they're good.

I don't want to buy another card, so right now I'm thinking of getting either the double Sony brand package or the MAX 64MB card...is the brand really important? Do non-sony brands screw up fast? I'd like to get the MAX card, but I'm just not sure how reliable it is. I do not want my game files to be deleted again, it happened with my Cube I had a non-nintendo card and everything got deleted. So ya...which should I Get? Or link me to a better deal lol

EDIT: Oh ya or are there maybe like other cheap memory cards that work good? I heard there was another company Nyko I believe...not sure if I've seen one of theirs around though...right now after reading some reviews on Amazon, however, I'm tempted to opt out the MAX card lol

Check your local pawn shops/ ebay. You can pick up used official memory cards for about $10 ea.

Do non-sony brands screw up fast? I'd like to get the MAX card, but I'm just not sure how reliable it is. I do not want my game files to be deleted again, it happened with my Cube I had a non-nintendo card and everything got deleted

This should answer your own question.

[quote name='magictoilet']DONT buy the 64mb one, some of them, you have to start up with the disc it comes with THEN you can put in a game.[/quote]

I had bought a similar 64mb memory card called MEGA memory that you had boot up from a disc....a piece of crap!....stick with the SONY cards. The MEGA memory card would corrupt most of the saves to where you wouldn't know they were bad until you tried to load it with your next game session. Another alternative is the NYKO memory cards. They are a wee bit cheaper at around $19.00 ea. , but at least they are licensed by SONY as they carry the PS2 logo. You may sometimes get them on sale at around $15.00 ea., but I haven't seen them on sale for quite awhile. I have a couple of them and have yet to have any trouble with them.

K I'll just suck it up and get the 2 pack PS2 memory card...I shouldnt have to buy another card then for...awhile...at least I know I won't be losing my files...I'm surprised they're even allowed to sell that other crap.

[quote name='eaglebeak']I had bought a similar 64mb memory card called MEGA memory that you had boot up from a disc....a piece of crap!....stick with the SONY cards. The MEGA memory card would corrupt most of the saves to where you wouldn't know they were bad until you tried to load it with your next game session. Another alternative is the NYKO memory cards. They are a wee bit cheaper at around $19.00 ea. , but at least they are licensed by SONY as they carry the PS2 logo. You may sometimes get them on sale at around $15.00 ea., but I haven't seen them on sale for quite awhile. I have a couple of them and have yet to have any trouble with them.[/QUOTE]
I had it too. Really annoying. Get sony one, or a actionreplay, so you can copy and share them saves online, and back yours up on you pc.

My pc is very not reliable...I hate my computer....actually I hate computers in general they have too many problems =/

i had issues with 3rd party mem cards on the psone, so I've never used anything but 1st party since.

[quote name='zewone']Never buy a memory card for any system, that isn't 1st party.[/quote]

Sandisk mem sticks > Sony mem sticks for the PSP.

[quote name='Spades22']My pc is very not reliable...I hate my computer....actually I hate computers in general they have too many problems =/[/QUOTE]
1. you can copy your save files on blank disc
2. you can upload your save files somewhere

Either of those methods are more reaible then putting save files on a memory card.

It's alright...I'll just go the memory card way since I am familiar with it and find it more convenient than running to my comp. I've never had trouble with first party cards, so ya...

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Sandisk mem sticks > Sony mem sticks for the PSP.[/QUOTE]
That's true. The PSP is the one system I know of that doesn't use a proprietary memory card.

I was referring to systems that do, which is every other system. :)

Sandisk mem sticks > Sony mem sticks for the PSP.

This is a special case since Sandisk co-developed several of the Memory Stick formats (beginning with the Memory Stick Pro) alongside Sony.

Also the Nyko brand memory cards for the PS2 are fine. They're officially endorsed by Sony. They usually run about $5 cheaper than the Sony brand.

bread's done
Back