Sony BRAVIA LED HDTV "46 + Ps3 160 gb + 2 PS3 Games + 2 Blu-ray Movies for $1699.99

Can't you get the 3D bundle for around the same price minus 1 BD and 1 Game, but 2 pairs glasses? I'm not 100%, but thought it was in the same ballpark.

Seems like a bad deal...

If you add up the parts, you save like $10, and thats if you like 2 of the Blu Ray movies and the 2 games.

1250+299+53+48+25+25=1700 (depending on what Blu Rays you want)

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I just wondering, is gaming on LED bad compared to lcd/plasma?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Response time can be terrible

I have a 46 inch Samsung LED and the response time is fine. I don't have any problems playing Black Ops or Ass. Creed Brotherhood online. Not that it has anything to do with this deal ...

I play on a panasonic 37 in LED 120hz and it looks fantastic no issue. We have a 32 in samsung LCD and 56 in samsung dlp and the LED is the best

Lol choose from these 3d blu rays but no emitter or glasses included which you'll have to drop another 250 to get if you'd actually like to watch them in 3d instead of 2d.

I never post here but I thought I would help some people out that are thinking about buying this bundle. I've been following this bundle for a week now and the deal was pretty good up until last night. Last night the price of the TV dropped $250 ($1250) so that's what made the current bundle not worth it.

I did a chat with Amazon to get them to credit the $250 difference to the bundle now that the TV is cheaper and after chatting with a few different people I got them to give me a $300 price adjustment ($250 for the TV and $50 for buying a PS3).

Here's the total for everything:
Sony BRAVIA KDL46HX800 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV, Black = $1000 (Discounted $250)

PS3 160GB, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet 2, Resident Evil Afterlife 3D, and Open Season 3D = $404.34 (Discount of $250).

I got everything including the 3D Alice and Wonderland Bundle for $1678.18.
For just the TV, PS3, 2 games, and 2 movies it totals 1404.34.

If you want to take the same route then I suggest doing a chat with them and tell them the bundle was $1699 when the TV was $1499 but since then the TV has dropped to $1250 and you would like to get the difference of the TV price and have it applied to the bundle; and also get a $50 credit for buying a PS3 (Current promotion for buying a PS3 right now). If they wont discount the bundle then just start a new chat and find somebody who will.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I was following this bundle as well, but I already own the PS3, GT5, and LBP2. I went to Best Buy to look at the TV, and they had this exact model for demo. It looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! The 3D was amazing. But since I didn't need the bundle, and Sony has a NX810 model that is better, I got the NX810, the Alice in Wonderland starter kit, and an extra pair of glasses for 1800.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I just wondering, is gaming on LED bad compared to lcd/plasma?[/QUOTE]

LED is just the backlight and the technology is still LCD. At least until bigger OLED screens are in production, which this monitor is not.

As for the comparisons to plasma, I've heard they are more responsive but I haven't done the research myself. I'm more of a desk gamer and there are many reasons why plasmas aren't suitable for desk pc/console use.

Lastly, response time != input lag. Input lag is a huge problem with high-end TVs because they focus on picture quality. This means extra processing which can even involve storing frames. Fine for TV but terrible for gaming. That said, some people have higher tolerances and it largely depends on the game they are playing. Music games, fighting games, and to a lesser extent, FPS are the more lag sensitive games.

There are "acceptable" LCD TVs for gaming such as the IPS-based LG xxLD450. They are almost perfect except for the poor black levels.

I just got the 55" version of this TV and LOVE it. Even out of the box in standard mode the black levels are amazing. I have zero clouding on the model I purchased. Once I burn a few more hours on it I have a friend of mine who is ISF certified coming over to calibrate it. If anyone else gets this TV PM me and ill give you the cali specs I get.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I just got the 55" version of this TV and LOVE it. Even out of the box in standard mode the black levels are amazing. I have zero clouding on the model I purchased. Once I burn a few more hours on it I have a friend of mine who is ISF certified coming over to calibrate it. If anyone else gets this TV PM me and ill give you the cali specs I get.[/QUOTE]

I get the 46" model on Thursday and I'd love to get the specs from you. My Samsung 6900 series got calibrated and it looks so much more natural then before. Do you have any idea if the advanced picture settings are locked out like Samsung's?

[quote name='Antipodes']Did some quick research for those curious about input lag:

63 ms on game mode
102 ms on custom mode

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19999700#post19999700

"Connecting a PC went off without a hitch, but we detected an input lag of 99 ms which gamers won't be impressed by. It won't have any effect on performance for anybody else though."

http://www.digitalversus.com/sony-bravia-kdl-46hx803-p364_8890_16.html[/QUOTE]

63 ms lag...that's awful! Great job Sony!

[quote name='Indiana']63 ms lag...that's awful! Great job Sony![/QUOTE]

There are sets with less input lag, but sadly this is par for the course so no need to single out Sony. I imagine lag sensitive gamers are a very small portion of the consumer market. Lag doesn't matter in non-interactive media (i.e. movies) as long as the audio can be synced. Thus, manufacturers feel it is worth sacrificing for better picture quality.

yesterday amazon had this with a 3d starter kit for 980 shipped :

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN50C...ISK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297804031&sr=8-1

I was considering this same bravia for a bit till I heard about the awful banding and irregular color displays with bravias on AVS. Then I went to frys to check out the samsung plasma 680 C and the C8000 46 LED...I loved both, but with the deal amazon had it was almost saving 700 bucks with the kit and the 450 dollar cheaper price over the 8000...

Plus amazon offers the awesome 30 day free returns. Helllllo 680C :D

bread's done
Back