Sony CEO: 'Wii is Wonderful'

[quote name='camoor']Yeah, he should totally say it kills babies to appease the fanboys.[/QUOTE]
If only your mom ate babies, we'd have been saved from all this.

is the term "fanboys" close to dying yet? At this point, it's obviously meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with one's opinion...which just tells me that anyone who uses it must be 15 or younger.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If only your mom ate babies, we'd have been saved from all this.[/quote]

medium_baby_sandwich_2.jpg

[quote name='camoor']Yeah, he should totally say it kills babies to appease the fanboys.[/quote]

So is that why there's a baby bleeding black tears or whatever in the Sony commercials?:whistle2:s:whistle2:k:whistle2:k:whistle2:k#-o#-o#-o I could never figure that one out.

[quote name='Pookymeister']
medium_baby_sandwich_2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

She had the munchies for a california cheeseburger.

[quote name='Chacrana']The Wii isn't wonderful. I wonder when the last time I used it was?[/QUOTE]

QFT...I'm glad I got it as a christmas gift, as I haven't even turned it on in about a month now.

[quote name='seanr1221']QFT...I'm glad I got it as a christmas gift, as I haven't even turned it on in about a month now.[/quote]
Well it is only the first quarter. Very few major games get released during the first quarter of the year. And we will be getting Super Paper Mario early next month.

I'm actually still playing my Wii, I finished Elebits a few weeks ago and I'm working on Wario Ware (I just did the classic Nintendo minigames, which were great). I'm thinking about picking up The Godfather and The Price of Persia (Though I may wait for a deal/price drop on those, especially for PoP), since I haven't played either of them, and I can't wait for Super Paper Mario.

[quote name='Chacrana']The Wii isn't wonderful. I wonder when the last time I used it was?[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I am really wanting to love my wii, but there just isnt anything coming out after Super Paper Mario (which I will probably just rent) that I want.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Well it is only the first quarter. Very few major games get released during the first quarter of the year. And we will be getting Super Paper Mario early next month.

I'm actually still playing my Wii, I finished Elebits a few weeks ago and I'm working on Wario Ware (I just did the classic Nintendo minigames, which were great). I'm thinking about picking up The Godfather and The Price of Persia (Though I may wait for a deal/price drop on those, especially for PoP), since I haven't played either of them, and I can't wait for Super Paper Mario.[/QUOTE]

Well, i'm just thinking back to this time last year on 360 when we had GRAW and Oblivion

The 360 is for the mainstream, 8 hour-a-day game sessions. I consider the Wii as a system that we play every once in a while to escape traditional gaming.

Both systems compliment each other nicely in the end.

[quote name='Apossum']is the term "fanboys" close to dying yet? At this point, it's obviously meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with one's opinion...which just tells me that anyone who uses it must be 15 or younger.[/QUOTE]

That's what the phrase was originated for...

It changed when people started calling themselves fanboys.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's what the phrase was originated for...

It changed when people started calling themselves fanboys.[/quote]I thought it was more to describe blind devotion to a given game, company product, whatever. Wrapped up in that is the concept of everyone who disagrees with you being wrong.

Now however, it's used not so much when the blind devotion is seen but just when Person A disageres with me. An insult is all thats left to back an opinion with no logic behind it--and yet, do our preferences have to have logic behind them? If someone disagrees with us, why the need to attack?

[quote name='yukine']The 360 is for the mainstream, 8 hour-a-day game sessions. I consider the Wii as a system that we play every once in a while to escape traditional gaming.

Both systems compliment each other nicely in the end.[/quote]

I actually completely agree with you.

The man eating the baby-sandwich wouldn't be nearly as bad if the baby wasn't crying/looking horribly upset. If he was smiling or giggling, I'd probably laugh, but damn!

I'm in agreement about the excessive use and abuse of the word "fanboy." Lately it seems that it refers to largely to populations of gamers that don't even really exist, it's just an extreme stereotype that very few real people actually live up to (of course, there are exceptions.)

If someone is a little too optimistic about the PS3, suddenly everyone assumes they're ignoring all the stupid shit Sony has done and said in the past 6 -12 months and are nothing but a 'fanboy.' Same for the PSP.

Most of these people are just ignorant and get overly defensive when someone tells them something they don't know, instead of saying, "Gee, I never thought of it like that," and trying to engage in a reasonable discussion. So does that make the generally uninformed public 'fanboys?' Nope, because most people don't go out and buy everything Square/Sony/M$/Nintendo/Capcom/etc puts out, they just don't care enough to read up on it.

I vote that because of this conundrum, we get 'fanboy' to be replaced by a funny graphic, much like F*ck and fuck, because it's nothing but an overly used and often inappropriate word (just like fuck!)

[quote name='johnnypark']I vote that because of this conundrum, we get 'fanboy' to be replaced by a funny graphic, much like F*ck and fuck, because it's nothing but an overly used and often inappropriate word (just like fuck!)[/quote]

Yes! As always, my fellow comrade, censorship is the answer.

[quote name='camoor']Yes! As always, my fellow comrade, censorship is the answer.[/quote]

Heh. I'd prefer to think of it as an easy way to force people to be a little more creative and objective, instead of resorting to cries of fanboyism at the slightest whim.

Of course, that's far less of an issue on these forums, it seems like that kind of filter would have more of an effect on other sites.

Awseome. We made it a whopping six posts before heading down this road yet again. Good times.

[quote name='seanr1221']Well, i'm just thinking back to this time last year on 360 when we had GRAW and Oblivion[/QUOTE]

Well, the Wii had Zelda at launch, whereas it took a couple months for GRAW to roll around. The point? Not sure there is one, besides "breaking out the calendar to try to prove a point is dumb."

This story is a CAG's dream, somewhat bashing Sony while praising the Wii. If only it had some stuff about EA bribing someone, and a little Bush bashing, it would be the Ultimate News Story here.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']This story is a CAG's dream, somewhat bashing Sony while praising the Wii. If only it had some stuff about EA bribing someone, and a little Bush bashing, it would be the Ultimate News Story here.[/QUOTE]

Hell, since we're shooting the Moon, let's add a part where your fingers cease to work anywhere near a keyboard, and you become incapable of constantly stirring shit up for no reason.

[quote name='trq']Hell, since we're shooting the Moon, let's add a part where your fingers cease to work anywhere near a keyboard, and you become incapable of constantly stirring shit up for no reason.[/quote]"Man Loses Fingers After Being Run Over By Bush Motorcade, Sony Refuses To Donate For His Cause, Nintendo Buys Him Free Wii?"

[quote name='trq']Well, the Wii had Zelda at launch, whereas it took a couple months for GRAW to roll around. The point? Not sure there is one, besides "breaking out the calendar to try to prove a point is dumb."[/QUOTE]

I could point out Zelda is really a gamecube game...but I'm not looking for an argument so...meh.

[quote name='seanr1221']Well, i'm just thinking back to this time last year on 360 when we had GRAW and Oblivion[/quote]
Well Oblivion was originally planned for the 360 launch window but got delayed. GRAW might of been too, I'm not sure because I'm not a fan of the Ghost Recon games and I don't really follow them (please correct me if I'm wrong).
I'm not saying that no big games come out during this time of year (Zelda: Wind Waker did, as did Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire), but as a rule this isn't the time of year where lots of major games come out.
It seems like most developers and publishers were very surprised by the success of the Wii, and didn't have a lot of games in development for it before it came out, which means that we aren't going to get all that many games until this fall at the earliest.

wow, typical blogger bullshit slant on the quote. As if we didn't have enough idiots like Kotaku and Joystiq, these little guys want a little piece of the action.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']"Man Loses Fingers After Being Run Over By Bush Motorcade, Sony Refuses To Donate For His Cause, Nintendo Buys Him Free Wii?"[/QUOTE]

You forgot the IRS sends him to jail for not paying taxes on his free Wii.

Anyway, I think people are a little nuts here on the PS3 and the Wii. Come on, this is a new system. It usually takes a year to get everything going. So, by the fourth quarter, whatever stream of games that will be coming will have started. I only own a 360 and love it, but still. I won't bash these systems for their stream of games, yet. If we are in the fourth quarter and struggling, then it's an issue.

Just relax and enjoy your other systems while they get their games in line. If you didn't want to wait, maybe you shouldn't have gotten one at launch, since this is pretty much the norm.

bread's done
Back