Sony Drops PS3 to $249

dFNhs.gif

You can get the 320 gig version with Infamous 2 for $299 also. The $249 model is 160gig.

PS: Colbert rulessss

Well future shop is offering MGS4 and a remote with the 160GB PS3, which I think I might just pick up today.

It's about time. 4 months ago I thought a drop was coming. Luckily I got one of those gamestop coupons that gave you $100 off. I couldn't pass that up so that's when I got mine. That was a huge deal.

Look like there is a new bundle coming out after all.

In addition, a limited edition inFAMOUS 2 bundle is now available at participating retailers across North America. The bundle retails for $299 and includes a 320 GB PlayStation 3, a copy of inFAMOUS 2 and a 30-day membership to PlayStation Plus.

via PSBlog

[quote name='antlp89']This is a great move by Sony.

Microsoft and Nintendo -> step your game up![/QUOTE]

Remembered that PSP kid in the advertisments...Marcus?

Wondering what MS is gonna do is a valid question. I could see them matching it given how often the 4GB flirted with $130 over the past few months. MS has traditionally price-dropped competitively too when they're undercut.

M$ has had consoles available for $100 and $200 for quite some time. I don't think they need to step anything up.

if i was microsoft I would cut the 360 just to steal away some of the momentum this could give sony. I was lucky enough to get the move bundled ps3 for 280 so i'm not going to be jumping on this but should help move some consoles

[quote name='feelgoodinc']M$ has had consoles available for $100 and $200 for quite some time. I don't think they need to step anything up.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the second point, but when did they have consoles available for $100? The cheapest I've ever seen was 129.99, but i don't think those were price cuts from MS, but rather big box retailers.

Further to your second point, I agree that Microsoft still has a competitive offering.

4 GB Xbox 199.99
160gb PS3 249.99
250 GB Xbox 299.99

Just from a storage view, each one is reasonably priced in comparison to each other (arguably, not as much for the 4 gb). Outside of that it's a matter of extra features (psn/xbl, blu-ray, etc).

That being said, MS has been bragging about being the best selling home console month after month, so if they want to keep those claims coming, a price cut will certainly help.

I'm a Wii/DSi owner and I just want to play Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, Super Street Fighter IV, God of War III, and Dirt 3 on a unit that also plays Blu-Ray discs.

We're getting closer, SONY... closer.

bread's done
Back