Sony E3 2010 Press Conference - June 15 (Tues) 12pm PDT

Did he just say there's a free trial for PlayStation Plus, and one of the first offerings is free Rally Cross? Awesome. Ah, missed the part about it only being for the duration of your subscription. Kind of lame.

Oh god dammit, owned for the duration of the subscription? So I can get wipeout hd, but if I stop paying I've got nothing?

[quote name='ZForce915']Really? It didn't work well when you tried it? Oh wait..[/QUOTE]

Because the game character moving 2-3 seconds BEFORE the person showed us how real it was right? Or finding out it was ALL prerecorded OR the fact that they had an earlier demonstration in April and how it STILL couldn't pick up black people or people wearing dark clothes. Yup and tihs launches this year. Needs work? It's Microsoft, they can fix it NEXT generation.

And it's already one of the biggest laughing stocks AND shitstorms on Neogaf right now. The thing has DISASTER written all over it. Microsoft sucked so badly that they had to bribe EVERYONE in attendance with the free 360s to not get torn up.

So close! I would have bought into Playstation Plus if I could keep some of the content after my subscription expired. I have to continue to pay to play the things I've downloaded? Give me SOME of it to keep!

[quote name='cochesecochese']Wait...you only own the content as long as your subscription lasts? Not sure if want.[/QUOTE]

Ditto... that's crap. $50 for a year is crap too though background patches/updates for games sounds nice.

As long as PSN as it is now for free I do not mind PSN Plus. I am not interested in the subscription though.

Sounds like your typical digital distribution bullshit. I hate the fact you only own the content as long as you keep paying.

WTH? what is up with them getting so cheap now... a limited ownership of stuff from Playstation Plus, what a joke.. I was interested but that sure changes things

[quote name='Paco']Because the game character moving 2-3 seconds BEFORE the person showed us how real it was right? Or finding out it was ALL prerecorded OR the fact that they had an earlier demonstration in April and how it STILL couldn't pick up black people or people wearing dark clothes. Yup and tihs launches this year. Needs work? It's Microsoft, they can fix it NEXT generation.

And it's already one of the biggest laughing stocks AND shitstorms on Neogaf right now. The thing has DISASTER written all over it. Microsoft sucked so badly that they had to bribe EVERYONE in attendance with the free 360s to not get torn up.[/QUOTE]

? Did you not watch the Ubisoft or EA press conferences?

Research before you start trolling.

[quote name='Blackout']Sounds like your typical digital distribution bullshit. I hate the fact you only own the content as long as you keep paying.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. No PSN Plus for me. I either own it indefinitely, or it's no go. What happened to the cloud computing that PS Plus was supposed to have?

[quote name='Paco']Because the game character moving 2-3 seconds BEFORE the person showed us how real it was right? Or finding out it was ALL prerecorded OR the fact that they had an earlier demonstration in April and how it STILL couldn't pick up black people or people wearing dark clothes. Yup and tihs launches this year. Needs work? It's Microsoft, they can fix it NEXT generation.

And it's already one of the biggest laughing stocks AND shitstorms on Neogaf right now. The thing has DISASTER written all over it. Microsoft sucked so badly that they had to bribe EVERYONE in attendance with the free 360s to not get torn up.[/QUOTE]

Haha, Neogaf. People still go there?

I'm surprised that everything was pre-recorded, I'm not sure I believe that just yet. It will be on the floor so we can wait for the opinions of the gaming press soon.

Don't spend so much time hating, you'll get wrinkles.

the saddest part of psn+ is the games you get from there is only good for the duration of the subscription. if you decide you don't want the service anymore, you'll lose everything! :(

[quote name='FroMann']The guy showing Medal of Honor has en epic beard.[/QUOTE]

I heard on a podcast that most of the dev team grew epic beards.

Well, the conference so far is better than MS but nothing like Nintendo's, disappointing to say the least. It is not over till its over though. :D

[quote name='FroMann']
That was at the EA conference.[/QUOTE]
At the end they said "More at Sony tomorrow."

[quote name='fatez']the saddest part of psn+ is the games you get from there is only good for the duration of the subscription. if you decide you don't want the service anymore, you'll lose everything! :([/QUOTE]

I know. That's totally lame. I hope it completely fails.

[quote name='M-PG71C']Well, the conference so far is better than MS but nothing like Nintendo's, disappointing to say the least. It is not over till its over though. :D[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the better than MS part. It seems pretty crappy and I'm bored to death. I think Nintendo won this year for sure.

[quote name='fatez']the saddest part of psn+ is the games you get from there is only good for the duration of the subscription. if you decide you don't want the service anymore, you'll lose everything! :([/QUOTE]

I dunno, if used right, you can bitch em pretty hard. If it's 50 a year and it's ANY PSN game you want a month, you can get Agarest War which is 45, then Socom Confrontation another month, Warhawk, and so on. Get the highest costing shit and once you beat it, then you don't need to renew your sub anymore. That can be savings if you really know how to work your CAG (_)_)

[quote name='M-PG71C']Well, the conference so far is better than MS but nothing like Nintendo's, disappointing to say the least. It is not over till its over though. :D[/QUOTE]

Definitely... Nintendo's conference was surprisingly good. Sony's conference is unbelievably bad. But I'm not sure whether or not I would say it's worse than MS's showing.

At least they're finally showing some more games.

[quote name='jman619']I don't know about the better than MS part. It seems pretty crappy and I'm bored to death. I think Nintendo won this year for sure.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, at least Sony's showing the move for real. Microsoft's shit was choreographed and pre recorded. Remember the 2-3 seconds where the game character moved BEFORE the actor? Though this E3 is lacking the POWER.

[quote name='FroMann']Okay I was wrong. They are showing Dead Space 2. Now where talking![/QUOTE]

I just can't get excited for DS2. I'm tired of everyone in the gaming press having circle jerks for the first game. It wasn't scary, the story was awful, and there was only like six weapons. I laugh every time they mention "Dead Space is one of the best games this generation!" I hope they really step it up for the sequel.

Hey, It's GlaDOS and Gabe Newell!

EDIT: Wasn't Portal 2 already announced for PS3? Ah, it'll have some Steam features.

[quote name='jman619']I don't know about the better than MS part. It seems pretty crappy and I'm bored to death. I think Nintendo won this year for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm definitely bored but at least KB and Marcus held my attention for a little bit lol :lol:

I love Nintendo to begin with, but their past few conferences have sucked. This one though, they took it. They did what MS and Sony should have done, cut the bullshit and get straight to games. I'm still holding out, hoping Sony is going to surprise us with...something. Anything. :D

Sorry Gabe. I rather play Portal 2 on my PC with Steam, or did he just say that Steam is integrated with PS3?

lol "friends at square enix" there are no friends in the gaming industry. only people with money.

bread's done
Back