Sony E3 2010 Press Conference - June 15 (Tues) 12pm PDT

Overall I wasn't hoping for / expecting much.. Interested in LBP2 and Twisted Metal, Probably going to check out Portal 2.. Was hoping for more PS2 collection announcements but I'm satisfied.

I'm happy with Sony's show. I'm not overwhelmed by anything I saw really, but a lot of stuff I liked. For as much as everyone fellated Nintendo, I was pretty underwhelmed personally.

But that is why people have opinions, and why it's good we have choices.

If Sony didn't leak out so much crap before E3, it would have been a hell of a lot harder hitting. Microsoft now has the WORST E3 in history sucking EVEN MORE then Sony 2006 E3. Nintendo came back from nothing of last year and did a hail mary full of grace.

I'm still sad that there was no Last Guardian, no Ico collection, no King of Fighters 13 reveal yet though.

[quote name='mario23air']This conference is so boring, better than Microsoft, but still pretty boring. Nintendo won this year by a very wide margin.[/QUOTE]

This

I actually decided to turn off my television and just read the updates from Joystiq. Some cool stuff announced but it was pretty boring. A new Twisted Metal? Finally.

The press conference started out rather bad, but I think it ended pretty strong... (Why didn't they showcase more of the games and less on the Move?)

Of the games shown; I'm excited about Portal 2, Sly Collection, God of War Ghost of Sparta, Valkyria Chronicles 2, The Third Birthday, Sorcerer (sort of), Deadspace 2 SE, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Patapon 3, Little Big Planet 2 and Time Crisis.

I thought it was a decent show from Sony. Move looks amazing, it really does. Sorcery looks spectacular and I can see Move being a huge part of my gaming hobby, offline and online.

I don't care about the 3D nonsense because I don't have a 3D TV and 3D makes me sick after looking at it for prolonged periods of time. No thank you.

GT5 with a release date and the Sly collection got me pumped. Other than that, it was meh for me as well. It beats Microsoft's conference by leaps and bounds but Nintendo took it this year.

Edit: Forgot to add the parts about the Dead Space Limited Edition and Medal of Honor Limited Edition each bundled with a another game updated to HD. Pretty cool stuff. I might actually switch my pre-order to the PS3 editions now.

Sorcery seemed cool. Twisted Metal was a great surprise as well, Sly Collection? I may as well buy, never played 2 or 3.

[quote name='Thomas96']I really wanted them to announce another PSP... damn[/QUOTE]

I was kind of expecting an update as well... I sort of expected that they'd at the very least upgrade the Go from a 16GB to 32, lower the price and announce some price drops for a ton of games. Ah well, my 3000 still rocks.

So, if I want to enjoy all these cool 3D PS3 games I have to buy a new HDTV plus glasses? No thank you. My Sony HDTV is just two years old and works just fine.

I think Move will be better than Kinect. I may buy it when it comes out, at this point I have no interest at all in Kinect. The one advantage Kinect has over Move is that for multiplayer games you don't have to pay for more controllers, with Move it could cost as much as $80 more person. I did noticed lag on both. It's going to be an interesting fall.

[quote name='KillerRamen']The press conference started out rather bad, but I think it ended pretty strong... (Why didn't they showcase more of the games and less on the Move?)

Of the games shown; I'm excited about Portal 2, Sly Collection, God of War Ghost of Sparta, Valkyria Chronicles 2, The Third Birthday, Sorcerer (sort of), Deadspace 2 SE, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Patapon 3, Little Big Planet 2 and Time Crisis.[/QUOTE]

Wait, they showed Valkyria Chronicles 2? Anything new, especially a release date?

Conference was great, but could've been better. The actual presenting sucked ass.

Move's release date and prices at only $39.99 for 1st party games is huge compared to Kinect titles costing $60. Decent prices on Move hardware. Was happy to see 3rd Birthday, Twisted Metal, GT 5, PSN plan sounds good, lots of exclusive stuff including CE's worth owning, Gabe Newell pledging support to PS3 with the best version of Portal 2 - maybe it's their lead console now, Heavy Rain move support, LBP 2 looks amazing.

[quote name='fatez']the saddest part of psn+ is the games you get from there is only good for the duration of the subscription. if you decide you don't want the service anymore, you'll lose everything! :([/QUOTE]

It's basically a year long demo per subscription. You'll own the stuff for a few years most likely. WipeOutHD, two minis, avatars, DLC levels and map packs will all be available in the first month. Not bad. The discounts could pay for the fee alone. Have hope for it but they need to deliver with lots of great games & discounts, & hopefully more features. I like that they said more features each month.

Now look forward to getting to see Nintendo's.

[quote name='mario23air']
I think Move will be better than Kinect. I may buy it when it comes out, at this point I have no interest at all in Kinect. The one advantage Kinect has over Move is that for multiplayer games you don't have to pay for more controllers, with Move it could cost as much as $80 more person. I did noticed lag on both. It's going to be an interesting fall.[/QUOTE]

The only lag I saw was Tiger Woods, which looked horribly laggy. But that game is just being patched, not built for Move, and it looks like they need to work on it more.

[quote name='metaly']Did he just say there's a free trial for PlayStation Plus, and one of the first offerings is free Rally Cross? Awesome. Ah, missed the part about it only being for the duration of your subscription. Kind of lame.[/QUOTE]

Rally Cross is a great game. I still play it. Highly underrated.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was in a montage with other PSP games. Seemed like there was a new Patapon in the PSP montage along with a PSP Eyepet.[/QUOTE]

Aww nuts. Here's hoping they actually announce a release date later in the week. Really want the sequel.

A new Patapon is always welcome. I ended up putting more time into Patapon 2 than I did with Mario Galaxy 2. I see there's already a logo up on the Patapon 2 site (along with a bunch of not-yet-completed stuff).

While i do in part enjoy them, Sony should really cut down on all the montages, and add more game footage. I was also looking forward to the last guardian, which got no air time. Ah well, here's hoping for next year.

Extremely disappointed. They could have done without that Kenvin Butler "Gamer Anthem" shit and especially that MarcusPsP bullcrap (we can clearly see who the target audience is for that). Big shocker for me was the announcement of Steam on the Ps3. smh

All in all the Sony conference was very boring with little excitement and enthusiasm coming from the Sony big-wigs. Gotta love how every year is a "big year".

I'm really excited about Dead Space 2, LBP2, Twisted Metal and PATAPON 3!!!

I think Sony will continue to slack next generation, then the generation after they will reign supreme again. Here's to hoping to the PS5! (Not PS4, since that will be slacking.)

Edit: So you were dissapointed ItzTitoYo, but are excited for 4 games? I don't see that as being dissapointed really.

Looking back on things a new PSP is not what that platform needs, they need game support and they need to combat piracy. It looks like they will have game support, but I think they need to lock down exclusives, things like Tiger Woods/Madden I'm just never going to play on a handheld.

[quote name='Paco']If Sony didn't leak out so much crap before E3, it would have been a hell of a lot harder hitting. Microsoft now has the WORST E3 in history sucking EVEN MORE then Sony 2006 E3. Nintendo came back from nothing of last year and did a hail mary full of grace.

I'm still sad that there was no Last Guardian, no Ico collection, no King of Fighters 13 reveal yet though.[/QUOTE]

It's getting a little old Paco. Microsoft might not have had a great showing, but it might not even be the worst conference this year much less of all time.

To be quite honest, Kinect vs Move, I have to say Kinect wins. Move seems to not be 1 to 1 with the screen, as they said it was. It especially looked that way on the Tiger Woods PGA Tour demonstration.

Before the conference I had no interest in the move at all but after seeing Sorcery it actually has me considering buying the $99 bundle and the navigation wand if it doesn't come as well as Sorcery. I really have no interest in the motion stuff but that game actually caught my attention and I seemed to like it.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Extremely disappointed. They could have done without that Kenvin Butler "Gamer Anthem" shit and especially that MarcusPsP bullcrap (we can clearly see who the target audience is for that). Big shocker for me was the announcement of Steam on the Ps3. smh

[/QUOTE]

Steam CLOUD support. Not steam itself. Huge difference.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']To be quite honest, Kinect vs Move, I have to say Kinect wins. Move seems to not be 1 to 1 with the screen, as they said it was. It especially looked that way on the Tiger Woods PGA Tour demonstration.[/QUOTE]
Move is not 1:1 in terms of your actions occurring on screen instantaneously. It's 1:1 in terms of your actions being replicated on screen precisely how you move in reality.

Killzone 3 was a good start for the show, the 3D, Move, EA games (minus Dead Space), and PSN Plus was pretty damn boring. I think when Kevin Butler and later Gabe went on stage the show got good again.

Show the boring stuff first, save the best for last.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']and especially that MarcusPsP bullcrap (we can clearly see who the target audience is for that).[/QUOTE]

Who?

[quote name='ZForce915']It's getting a little old Paco. Microsoft might not have had a great showing, but it might not even be the worst conference this year much less of all time.[/QUOTE]

Dude quick sucking it. Microsoft easily had the worst E3. Infact the Kinects thing was worse then Sony's asstacular 2006 E3. Microsoft's the only company that gets worse with each E3. Their 2007 one was fucking hot. Their 2008 one was still pretty damn good. 2009 at least had that one bombshell of 13 coming, but 2010 just fucking SUCKED for Microsoft. It's like they're not even trying anymore. Remember how hyped Peter was for Natal? This year he's like Here's Fable 3 BYE. Like he's ashamed that he ever endorsed the thing.

At least they shown the decent stuff in the beginning otherwise I would have fallen asleep during the whole time. Showed me where to leave.

[quote name='Paco']Dude quick sucking it. Microsoft easily had the worst E3. Infact the Kinects thing was worse then Sony's asstacular 2006 E3. Microsoft's the only company that gets worse with each E3. Their 2007 one was fucking hot. Their 2008 one was still pretty damn good. 2009 at least had that one bombshell of 13 coming, but 2010 just fucking SUCKED for Microsoft. It's like they're not even trying anymore. Remember how hyped Peter was for Natal? This year he's like Here's Fable 3 BYE. Like he's ashamed that he ever endorsed the thing.

At least they shown the decent stuff in the beginning otherwise I would have fallen asleep during the whole time. Showed me where to leave.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to do two things by quoting your post.

1) Preserve all of those lovely statements with misspellings intact
2) Remind you that the point of my previous post was that it's getting a little old Paco

and a call back to my previous post, you need to stop having so much anger or I swear it will give you wrinkles!

[quote name='ZForce915']I wanted to do two things by quoting your post.

2) Remind you that the point of my previous post was that it's getting a little old Paco

and a call back to my previous post, you need to stop having so much anger or I swear it will give you wrinkles![/QUOTE]

athena.jpg

[quote name='budsmoka']M$ don't have to put o a good show they are easily better then sony and nintendo.[/QUOTE]

lol youre joking right? man so whats with all the talk about a new psp?psp2 or something dammit id like to get a psp but the missing analog stick bugs the shit out of me. if they were selling the older ones for 100-120 id bite but i just know te second i do a better one will emerge from the shadows like a m$ fanboy ready to throw hate at anything another game comany does.

LBP 2 did look interesting, but didn't they discuss sometype "workshop" portal where you could utilize the ease of doing your game designing on a PC Screen w/ mouse and keyboard ?

Sony's press conference (outside Kevin Butler) was lame. Some thoughts...
1. If Sony wasn't concerned about Kinect, they sure didn't show it. They brought it up a couple of times during the Move presentation... Microsoft on the other hand could care less about the Move.
2. The Move is pretty crappy. Tiger Woods demo had a huge delay in the movement of the character on screen.
3. The game lineup nothing new worthwhile. Killzone 3 lost it for me by seeing the mechs (Lost Planet anyone??). All Move games + Heroes graphically looked like PS1/2 games. Medal of Honor... saw it the day before. Twisted Metal... who cares.
4. What was up with the 3D crap? I mean really how many people actually care about 3D. How many people even own a 3D TV? Definitely not enough to warrant all the gaming support.

[quote name='ZForce915']I wanted to do two things by quoting your post.

and a call back to my previous post, you need to stop having so much anger or I swear it will give you wrinkles![/QUOTE]

To remind you of Microsoft's E3 going good

2lk5l04.gif

[quote name='Paco']To remind you of Microsoft's E3 going good

2lk5l04.gif
[/QUOTE]

U mad that he can play with 3 other people without shoveling out $80 a person?

bread's done
Back