Sony MSRP changes effective August 14th (PS3 and Vita games)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credit: thekonamicode from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485951

Next Tuesday, retailers nationwide will be permanently dropping prices on 17 titles published by Sony on the PS3 and Vita. Here's the breakdown with the new MSRP.

It is not known how soon the price changes will take effect on PSN.

Vita

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
Little Deviants - $19.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

PS3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $19.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.99
Infamous 2 - $19.99
Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: All 4 One - $19.99
Sorcery- MOVE Required - $19.99
Twisted Metal - $39.99
Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack - $29.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
On a random note, the Voucher that comes with UC2 has a PSP Uncharted Pinball game that works with Vita, that's oddly addicting. Definitely something to look into for Vita users.

So Gamescom just ended and as far as I can tell they never announced any price drops for hardware or software. So I guess this was just a "thing" that was happening.

The only thing they announced in terms of price cuts were "PS3 Essentials" which I am assuming will be $19.99 (they were listed as 19.99 in Euros). They showed 6 titles, but the only two I caught were inFamous and LBP.

[quote name='mvp828']The only thing they announced in terms of price cuts were "PS3 Essentials" which I am assuming will be $19.99 (they were listed as 19.99 in Euros). They showed 6 titles, but the only two I caught were inFamous and LBP.[/QUOTE]
They said that was Europe only.

[quote name='Datajack']GT5 XL now $20 on newegg free ship still $30s on amazon mobile. OOS on walmart.com.[/QUOTE]
Uncharted 3 is $20 with FS too at Newegg now.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']They said that was Europe only.[/QUOTE]

Ah... Okay, I must have missed that part. I was trying to do some online tests and had the stream going in the back ground. I flipped windows at that time but must have missed the Europe only thing.

I can grab it from walmart by doing instore pick-up... but I'll wait for bestbuy, i've got $10 in credit about to show up on top on the $5 I already have :)

Uncharted 3 on Amazon appears to be at the new price when viewed on my wishlist, but when I click on the game it goes 4-5 dollars higher. I was going to impulse buy this game, but now that I have been forced to wait, I figure I should probably beat the previous 2 games first. Completely forgot about that. :lol:

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I can grab it from walmart by doing instore pick-up... but I'll wait for bestbuy, i've got $10 in credit about to show up on top on the $5 I already have :)[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to wait for BB to drop so I can scoop another $10 code for in-store pickup :D taking their sweet time though

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I'm trying to wait for BB to drop so I can scoop another $10 code for in-store pickup :D taking their sweet time though[/QUOTE]

Just wait it out..... :cool:

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Do I dare to even play a game in my excessive backlog???? ....nah :lol:[/QUOTE]

What is this "play" you speak of? I thought these were nothing but decorative boxes to line my shelves with.

Went in to Toys R Us to test my luck for trying to price match Uncharted 3 while doing errands, ended up being a bust seeing as all stores in the area are entirely out of stock.
Guess my $5 coupon won't be seeing any use, though those new Halo 4 figures were tempting, as well as the Borderlands psycho that was there.
Looks like Best Buy will get my money once more when they finally change the price.

The PlayStation Store Update was just posted, and none of the digital copies reflect this MSRP change. Absolutely ridiculous.

If Sony really wants to push people into digital distribution, they're doing a horrible job of it. They did this with the PSP, too. They issued a platform-wide $30 maximum MSRP and then proceeded to allow $40 digital purchases.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']The PlayStation Store Update was just posted, and none of the digital copies reflect this MSRP change. Absolutely ridiculous.

If Sony really wants to push people into digital distribution, they're doing a horrible job of it. They did this with the PSP, too. They issued a platform-wide $30 maximum MSRP and then proceeded to allow $40 digital purchases.[/QUOTE]

Sony makes it hard not to root for the hackers dont they. :roll:

Also, a bit tangential but still related - how are you discouraging the used game market (for your developers) by making retail copies (which can be traded in) cheaper than digital copies?

[quote name='inkcil']so is this for real or not? GT5 XL isn't $19.99 anywhere....[/QUOTE]

It's 19.96 at Walmart.com( though it is currently sold out) and it is $19.99 on Newegg. Some of these places are sometimes slow to act when there is an MSRP drop/ Hell, Little Big Planet 2 SE was 39.99 for a while then dropped to 19.99 a month or two ago and Best Buy still has it at 59.99

[quote name='cancerman1120']What is this "play" you speak of? I thought these were nothing but decorative boxes to line my shelves with.[/QUOTE]

It's something I used to do a long time ago...then I found cag.

[quote name='Helvetica']Went in to Toys R Us to test my luck for trying to price match Uncharted 3 while doing errands, ended up being a bust seeing as all stores in the area are entirely out of stock.
Guess my $5 coupon won't be seeing any use, though those new Halo 4 figures were tempting, as well as the Borderlands psycho that was there.
Looks like Best Buy will get my money once more when they finally change the price.[/QUOTE]

I stopped collecting Halo figures but I just youtube'd videos of the new Halo 4 ones and they look sick. Master Chief comes with the cryogenic tube thing. :D But TRU has it for $30 and apparently Target has it for $25

[quote name='i MarK i']I stopped collecting Halo figures but I just youtube'd videos of the new Halo 4 ones and they look sick. Master Chief comes with the cryogenic tube thing. :D But TRU has it for $30 and apparently Target has it for $25[/QUOTE]
If that's the case then I'm really glad I didn't waste my coupon on it, thanks for the heads up. Only single figure they had was the chief, maybe I'll go back for the Borderlands psycho tomorrow, or that Halo ghost they have on clearance for $15.

Awesome, I waited this long for GoW: Origins Collection and Jak & Daxter Collection to hit $20 MSRP; now I can't wait for a $10-15 deal down the road. Found Ico/SotC Collection on sale for $15 a long while back, so I can't seem to drop $20 on Origins Collections' 2 games. There is even a 5 game collection coming out that should drive the price down but I own 1-3 already. I might for Jak though, never played #3.

Finding GoW 1-2 collection at Target for $7.48 really spoiled me. Tomb Raider Collection has been under $10 often, PoP Trilogy $12, Splinter Cell Trilogy $10, Sly Cooper Trilogy $15. These collections really seem to drop fast imo.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Sly Cooper Trilogy $15. These collections really seem to drop fast imo.[/QUOTE]

Correction, Sly Cooper was $12 at Best Buy last holiday season.

But yes, they drop fast. Of course, they're just HD re-releases, so it's not like the developer/publisher is putting much effort into them.

Ladies and Gentlemen. None of the retail stores (ie Best Buy, TRU, etc) are going to reflect the prices until Sunday that is when they update their systems. Gamestop will probably update tomorrow as they do Wednesday to Wednesday sales. Just cause a company says MSRP dropped doesn't mean retailers have to drop it immediately.

LOL Fry's. They said they would gladly match Amazon's price, but since it was under $25 they had to charge me shipping... even though I was in the store with product in hand.

LAFF

This site is ruining me. I went to Frys to attempt to pricematch Newegg on GT5XL. I didn't check if it was in stock because I just assumed they'd have it. I was wrong, so I called my friend to see if it was in stock on the website and possibly do a pricematch there, and then it hit me like a bolt of lightning...

ORDER IT FROM NEWEGG, DUH.

Yeah... Not doing so great. It's too hot these days (record heat wave here in Southern CA).

On a plus side, I got Target to price match Rayman Origins finally, though that is unrelated.

Edit: Doh, now it's OOS on Newegg. Way to go me.

[quote name='cheeky']Um, where do I get uncharted? It's sold out on walmart and newegg?[/QUOTE]
Shipping option is still available for Walmart.

ETA: Nevermind, that must have been an error.

Gamestop.com still has $39.99 listed for new copies of Jak & Daxter and God of War Origins, but the used prices have been reduced to from $34.99 to $18.99.

Went into Toys R Us today and saw that Jak & Daxter Collection, GT5 XL, and Sorcery were all still priced regularly (Jak & GT5 at $40, Sorcery at $30).

I'll try again in a few days.

Although I want to take advantage of BBY 10/50 deal I am not going to get too bent if the price does not change for the rest if the week. This is the new high price...it is not like a sale. Eventually I will find them and they WILL BE MINE. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']This is the new high price...it is not like a sale. Eventually I will find them and they WILL BE MINE. :)[/QUOTE]

You make sense.... I'll just wait till Black Friday or Xmas & call it a day.

My wallet's been getting some exercise since the steam summer sale... getting close to Victoria Secret skinny. :whistle2:( Love it!

[quote name='pnutz409']My wallet's been getting some exercise since the steam summer sale... getting close to Victoria Secret skinny. :whistle2:( Love it![/QUOTE]

Well, if it gets to Ally McBeal/Nicole Richie skinny....

[quote name='BingoBrown']Correction, Sly Cooper was $12 at Best Buy last holiday season.

But yes, they drop fast. Of course, they're just HD re-releases, so it's not like the developer/publisher is putting much effort into them.[/QUOTE]

Wish I had known. That game totally slipped under my radar last year. I'm having a hard time finding it, let alone finding a deal on it.

bread's done
Back